It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

our future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Sunday, September 22, 2002
As I sit here I wonder where will we all be 10 years from now. They are cutting down rain forests in South America because they need farmland to feed their people. The U.S. pays its farmers not to farm to control supplies. The Soviet Union collapsed because too much money was spent on military and not enough on domestic needs. There are countless religions on the planet that all worship the same deity but yet they all say that theirs is the true religion and to get to heaven you must follow them. There are thousands of extremists committing atrocities against their fellow humans in the name of religious beliefs but yet they hide behind masks. If their cause is so holy and righteous, then why the mask? There are nations around the world that use their political and economic might to control underdeveloped countries for their own selfish self interests under the guise of humanitarian aid. There are rulers around the world that rule with harsh brutality and live in palatial splendor while their citizens live in poverty and fear. There are governments around the world unwilling to take a stand against these atrocities out of fear of getting hurt for standing up for basic human rights. There are millions of young people growing up with absolutely no respect for their parents, authority of any kind, or the rules of civilized societies, not to mention their fellow humans. I see the descendents of different groups of peoples demanding payment for something that did not happen to them personally, from the descendents of people that did not do anything to them, and getting it. Where does it all end and when are we going to get to hear “God bless the world”?

Curtis

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS my friend. You have come to the right place for the answers you seek. Most of the answers will be wrong, but hey, you have to do allot of weeding to get the flowers that win blue ribbons.

Good luck on your search.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sounds pretty phillosifical, look'n forward to see'n your posts, and possibly see'n you in chat

[edit on 30-4-2005 by CO_Cowboy]

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Welcome jurasicdog!
I look forward to seein your posts about the future of the US

Here
is a hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have about stuff on ATS

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me, or any other staff member.

Also, for avatar info, here are kinglizard's avatar instructions and a reminder to all ATS members.

Also, here's a great link to help you organize your favorite forums. It will also keep threads you post in as favorites: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This link is also up at the top as myATS

And, don't forget to check out PTS and BTS. You can log in to these other two forums with your ATS login information.

Have a good time here

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, you'll love it here!
See ya around!
-Dani

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Welcome, Much love for philosophy.

I wonder if maybe you see the world that way because you count yourself as one of those casualties, although I do agree with you.

The question still comes to mind whether you will do something about this or will you do what most people do. Post.

You'll love it here, people respond to what you have to say, uh, most of the time anyways.

new topics

top topics

join