It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons Investigated for Devil Worship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk

You left out the part about where we marry teenage virgins and eat babies. :bnghd:

Come on now. Everyone knows it's only us atheists who eat babies. Our feet stink too and we don't love Jesus.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
Come on now. Everyone knows it's only us atheists who eat babies. Our feet stink too and we don't love Jesus.

Actually, I fear fundamentalists of ANY religion more than anything else. They are some scary kinda dudes!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Quote: "Actually, I fear Fundamentalists of ANY Religion more than anything else. They are some scary kinda dudes!"

I Love how you "Flipped the Script" just now, Sebatwerk! I agree with that statement - Big Up on you!

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

Actually, I fear fundamentalists of ANY religion more than anything else. They are some scary kinda dudes!

I fear any mind controlled zomie, religious, or otherwise.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
seriously i agree that every1 should have their opinion. satanist, becuase what you have just come out with is rather funny. im not being nasty... but my father is a mason and my grandfather was a mason and they DID NOT worship the devil.... and for rich business like persons. that is laughable because we live in a counsil house! ok just expersing my opinion cheers x oni x x

[edit on 7-5-2005 by Oni x x]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

seriously i agree that every1 should have their opinion. satanist, becuase what you have just come out with is rather funny. im not being nasty... but my father is a mason and my grandfather was a mason and they DID NOT worship the devil.... and for rich business like persons. that is laughable because we live in a counsil house! ok just expersing my opinion cheers x oni x x

Yeah, i agree with the new girl (sorry to call you that)

There is nothing to do with devil worship within freemasonry

[edit on 7-5-2005 by asala]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
But there have been individuals involved with both the use of occult magick and Freemasonry.

This cannot be denied.

And ritual... That couldn't possibly have anything to do with the spiRITUAL could it now? So if Freemasons wish to stop the accusations that secrets are being kept from them and US, and that they are a group with Spiritual teachings, they should just drop all the Ritual.

Seems like a nice simple way to clean up the mess? Of course, they could replace the ritual, no sense in keeping them from doing that!

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
But there have been individuals involved with both the use of occult magick and Freemasonry.

Based on that logic....I know Presbyterians who belong to the Rotary Club. Does that make the Rotary Club "Presbyterian" I'm an Episcopalian myself and a member of the Missouri Association of Realtors. Does that make the MAR "Episcopalian" or does that mean every Episcopalian in Missouri is a "Realtor"?

C'mon Akilles ....you're smarter than that. We've established that there were (and are) bad Masons. There have been some who CLAIMED to BE Masons who were and are bad....doesn't make Masonry ITSELF bad.

So if Freemasons wish to stop the accusations that secrets are being kept from them and US, and that they are a group with Spiritual teachings, they should just drop all the Ritual.

...and become what....NOTHING. Masonry's teachings come through the ritual....the experience of ritual is the very essence of Masonry. Without it, we'd be.....the Rotary Club or Lions Club (nothing wrong with that...I'm a Lion myself) but those are not fraternal societies. The ritual is a very essential part of Masonry, to drop it would be to stop being Masons.

Seems like a nice simple way to clean up the mess? Of course, they could replace the ritual, no sense in keeping them from doing that!

Interesting statement. Funny thing is even though several of us (and several Masons on web-sites and other forms of media) try to get the truth about Masonry out to the general public...when it all comes down to it, our rituals are OURS and OURS ALONE and really not any one else's concern...so we're not likely to "clean up the mess" as you put it.

I've said it before but it's worth repeating. Masonry isn't for every man....and certainly we don't WANT every man to be a Mason.

Those who firmly believe it's evil, or wrong, or a religion or satanic or "luciferian" (whatever that made-up word means) are chief amongst those that we do not want.

Regards

[edit on 7-5-2005 by senrak]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Quote: "And ritual... That couldn't possibly have anything to do with the spiRITUAL could it now?"

Dude - now you are really stretching! So What? There are Rituals & there is Spirituality & there are even Spiritual Rituals! Have you ever been to a Mass at a Church - Shocking Front Page Stuff no (Sarcasm)?

Quote: "So if Freemasons wish to stop the accusations that secrets are being kept from them and US, and that they are a group with Spiritual Teachings, they should just drop all the Ritual."

Come on Akilles you are starting to sound like a Whiney Child. FreeMasons have no Obligations to disclose anything to YOU - only to the Members of their Fraternity. Don't get me wrong they do Plenty of Charity Work - but come on Seriously - they don't have to Disclose any Private Ritual, Secret Handshake or Financial Information to YOU or the Public at Large. Has it not occurred to you that said "Spiritual Teachings" might be Integrated/Incorporated into the Rituals themselves & that this was done for a Reason. Who are you to say that they should get rid of their anything? If you are so Curious Akilles - then why don't you Join?

Those who make Accusations without any Evidence/Proof/Experience/Knowledge/Common Sense are simply Ignorant Propagandists - this is more than Evident.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
If you are so Curious Akilles - then why don't you Join?

NO, PLEASE!!! Don't give him ANY stupid ideas!!!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I didn't say they should get rid of anything.

I said the rituals should be erased, deleted, whatever.

And I want to see the new rituals that Freemasons THEMSELVES design to replace the old, while still incorporating all the old teachings, surely something could be added?

This is really what I am most curious about, is how Freemasonry would develop if it continued to use its ancient teachings, but was able to make the rituals over in any image it chose.

Or is the purpose of the ritual to be ancient, and mystifying?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Quote: " didn't say they should get rid of anything.
I said the rituals should be erased, deleted, whatever."

Once again you are Contradicting yourself! What if the Rituals (and the Bonds of Brotherhood that they help to Form) is what MAKES FreeMasonry what it is? Since when did you become an Expert Authority, Akilles? Are you a "Grand Master" or something (I don’t think so)?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Before you can be come a Member of FreeMasons you have to be able to ride a Goat around the grassed areas of the F/M Hall. Before you go inside for some grazing (supper). Thats what my work-mate told me.....

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
i think s/he was pulling your leg, hows a 15 st man meant to ride on a poor goats back! lol

xx oni xx

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asteroid
Before you can be come a Member of FreeMasons you have to be able to ride a Goat around the grassed areas of the F/M Hall. Before you go inside for some grazing (supper). Thats what my work-mate told me.....

Your work-mate's joking with you. Most Masonic Lodge Halls don't even HAVE a grassed area in the first place. Masonic initiation is VERY serious and VERY dignified.

Besides, I can't speak for other countries, but in the United States if grown men were actually using goats for initiation (the mere idea of which is silly) the animal rights whack-o's would have a FIELD DAY!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Now akilles, erasing or deleting the rituals would be "getting rid" of them wouldn't it?

And I want to see the new rituals that Freemasons THEMSELVES design to replace the old, while still incorporating all the old teachings, surely something could be added?

One of the most important charges to the newly installed Master of each Lodge is that "it is not within the power of any man or BODY OF MEN to make innovations in the body of Freemasonry" [emphasis mine]

New rituals would be an innovation. Our rituals are ancient and we're proud of them...whether the world at large is fond of them or not...

This is really what I am most curious about, is how Freemasonry would develop if it continued to use its ancient teachings, but was able to make the rituals over in any image it chose.

Some pseudo-masonic groups have done this...as well as other fraternal societies that have modeled themselves after Freemasonry. Worked for some...not for others.

Not so sure about "mystifying" I guess that depends on one's interpretation of the word, but certainly ancient, impressive and very important to Freemasons.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Freemasonry and Freemasons don't owe you anything, Akilles.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yet another admonition to not circumvent the censors.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Sorry. I just don't understand how Akilles can think that Freemasonry owes him some kind of explanation, or revelation, of what it does. It's none of his damn business or concern, as he is not a Freemason.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Sorry. I just don't understand how Akilles can think that Freemasonry owes him some kind of explanation, or revelation, of what it does. It's none of his damn business or concern, as he is not a Freemason.

THATS THE SPIRIT

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join