It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL "North Korea can hit US with Nuke"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshGator54
not saying NK nukes would fail. I would bet if these ICBM's do exist US intel has a good idea where they are and would take them out well before they got airborne.

Of course they know, but do you think you can get a B-2 over NK in time?
I dont know....Mabye most likely not in my opinion.
Also Tom clancy's idea in "the bear and the dragon" does not count since rainbow isnt in russia...yet...lol

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ok, so let me get this straight...

We can't take care of a problem that is known to be a problem, because we are too busy taking care of another problem that wasn't really a problem in the first place?

I'm sorry, but the less than 30 thousand troops we have lined up on the DMZ would not be enough to take care of N. Korea, even with S. Korea spearheading any combat operation north. So we traded some new equipment to pull some troops off the line. That new equipment better have been our new 'usable nukes' and a couple of B2's, because if this Kim Jong Il guy gets froggy with a nuke, telling us if we try to stop him, he'll consider it an act of war... HE'LL GET HIS WAR AND HIS A$$ HANDED TO HIM IN A NAPKIN!!!

I say we drag N. Korea into the sea and make S. Korea an island.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
IF NK were to launch a nuke at the westcoast, they would get that 747 with the laser up in the air so fast your head would spin. That and I bet you would see a huge barrage of patriot missiles being fired into the general path of the falling warhead.

It would become quite the light show in the sky I bet anything and everything we could throw at it for a chance to destroy or damage the warhead enough to keep it from detonating.

We would be on the phone with Putin within 10 seconds of the launch as well I bet and possibly China asking them for their advise or permission to "glass" NK. Which I am sure would lay on whether or not we could knock out the warhead before it nuked.

If it nukes and wipes out a US City, then say goodbye to NK, I bet we would vaporise at least half of the known military and govermental targets that we know of. Probably 5 nuke hits of 10 megatons or more (this could be all from one sub launched ICBM)

If we stopped the warhead, I bet we would use only a tactical strike to take out KIM and his goverment head. As well as conventional, cruise missles and SAT JADM's and bunker busters to wipe out all the known launch sites.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Suppose NK indeed has some ICBM capabillity, unless KIM or Bush is really crazy neither party would want to initiate a nuclear conflict, Kim can't afford to have his whole country glassified and Bush can't afford to have one big US city destroyed....

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Once they get launched what can the USA do? Last I heard thier Anti-Missile shield is not operational and is spotty at best. Arrogance was the fall of Rome remember that(well that and Lead
)

Well if their missile actually made all the way accross the Pacific and actually hit something well, you would have to say good bye pretty quickly to any loved ones anyone has in NK. As it would be pretty much destroyed before the smoke from their bomb clears.

Not arrogance. We have more bombs, more accurate bombs, better delivery systems, etc. If they want to lauch their one or two bombs, compared to our thousands, this way.........that's their loss.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by JoshGator54
not saying NK nukes would fail. I would bet if these ICBM's do exist US intel has a good idea where they are and would take them out well before they got airborne.

Of course they know, but do you think you can get a B-2 over NK in time?
I dont know....Mabye most likely not in my opinion.
Also Tom clancy's idea in "the bear and the dragon" does not count since rainbow isnt in russia...yet...lol

Good point. I'm more worried about the nukes in China and Russia still. I think NK's best chance of getting a nuke into US is with terrorist style tactics, hidden in a cargo ship or something like that.

Of course I don't live on the Left Coast so it is more theoretical for me!

dh

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Didnt Rumsfeld oversee some nuke technology-selling to the North Koreans?
Course he did
And this is just the China entree
Its the responsibility of those with a few connecting brain cells to see thru it

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is happening all over again just like with Russia!!! Next thing you know NK will be building bases near America!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
This is happening all over again just like with Russia!!! Next thing you know NK will be building bases near America!!!

Nope. Nobody is going to stick their neck out for Lil Kim.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dh
Course he did

uh right....give an enemy of 52 years nuclear technology....please dont make me laugh..

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So NK should be allowed to have the nuclear technology because it is 'only fair' since we have them and we should blame Rummy and the Bush administration for giving the technology to them also, but we should do nothing about it? I just want to make sure I have this right?

The fact that NK has a missle that could strike the US is very scary, and since I jsut read we will be importing cars now from China, I would think that they should also be very interested in what goes on.

Scenario #1 If a missle was launched, I am not so sure we would nuke them, but I am sure that it would make Shock and Awe look like a 4th of July Sparkler with enough cruise missles to level a city. I am sure that there are plans in place that could effectively reduce the NK military to rubble in days, not weeks.

Scenario #2 If a missle was launched, What if out of fear India, Paki or Russia fired a nuke at NK as a pre-emptive strike to protect themselves?

Can anyone tell me what would happen if Kim JOng Il happened to find an untimely end at the hand of a spec op performed by none other than the good ole USA.? WOuld this throw them into further turmoil, or is it time for regime change?

dh

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You create your own enemies with the sole purpose of fighting them
These are criminals who should be locked in jail not calling to arms
Both Don and Kim
They are fake enemies

[edit on 29-4-2005 by dh]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This is a misinterpretation and an embellishment of what was said at yesterday's Senate Armed Services Committee hearing.

Theoretically, the North Koreans have two-stage missiles capable of reaching the U.S.--and may have three-stage missiles reaching all of the U.S. Theoretically, that is, because the North Koreans have never been able to test the estimated range of their missiles, thank God.

The Defence Intelligence Agency Chief said yesterday, as well as back in March, that these missiles are capable of carrying nuclear warheads, but the North Koreans have not developed such a warhead.

It is quite difficult to build such things--but I would imagine that they are trying.

This is indeed troubling, but I wouldn't head into your bunker just yet.

It is rather curious tho', why we would go after vaporware in Iraq full-force, and let L'il Kim actually build a nuclear bomb (he is believed to have one) without anyone running around with their hair on fire.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
PARANOIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg its the age of the stupid people.....

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by dh
Course he did

uh right....give an enemy of 52 years nuclear technology....please dont make me laugh..

Take the blinders off, son.

If you would actually do some digging instead of gobbling up the lies you're spoon-fed, you would know that Rummy did indeed sell nuclear reactors to North Korea. It may not be actual nukes, but remember, Bush said they were to have NO nuclear weapons, and reactor possession means intent to make nukes. Just look at Iran...

I bet you also missed us selling fighter jets to Pakistan, who has threatened to kill any of our troops who come near the border.

Oh, yeah, no one is going to be nuked; the people with everything to gain from war would have nothing left for them after a nuclear war. This is just more fear mongering by our US propaganda machine. Just like those 10-12 terror targets that were discussed in detail recently.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by dh
Course he did

Take the blinders off, son.

If you would actually do some digging instead of gobbling up the lies you're spoon-fed, you would know that Rummy did indeed sell nuclear reactors to North Korea.

Please provide links or some kind of proof for this claim.

"The North's nuclear programme appears to have begun in the 1970's...Kim Il Sung reportedly asked Mao to share China's nuclear technology. Mao declined..."

"Moscow gave the North a small experimental reactor...in 1977."

"The first signs that the North had an indigenous nuclear programme came in March 1984, when US satellite intel identified an apparent nuclear-reactor...under construction."

"The reactor strongly resembled those built by France...in the late 1950's to produce nuclear weapons."

From the book, "The Prospects for North Korea's Survival" by David Reese part of the International Institute for Strategic Studies published in 1998.

No where in this book is there any mention of the United States ever working with the NK regime, in fact in 1991 the US removed all tactical nukes from the Korean peninsula.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
One more time,

SM3 Aegis

and The Alaska 5.......

North Korea had really think before it launches, can it make it? Is it worth the chance?

And for you Bush haters, be glad he wouldnt give in on the ABM system he DEMANDED be ready by Dec 2004.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
oh! oh! now we will say america has better weapon systems and we will support our country! now the liberal america haters want to hide behind american defenses. would be funny if los angeles was blown off the map anyway. I think it's funny right about the time kim is about to launch a missile on liberal land aka California, they are all for the ballistic missile shield. we should let them test their new nuke on california.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I thought it was already known that N.Korea could hit the U.S. with a missile, and that their missiles can carry payloads. What was not known, and maybe still, is whether they actually have nuclear weapons.

It is also not believed that they have an accurate guiding system. Hitting the U.S. is esay - it's a big country. But actually hitting a city... that's a different thing all together. They would more likely than not just hit the ocean or the mountains. Then what....? They would be finished. Not even Kim can be that stupid.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Hajduk]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm not that confident about the NMD ABM program, the last two times it was tested, it never left the ground. The SM-3 looks like a better bet to me, it's performed better in testing, I also think boost phase intercept is a better idea. Get the missile before it's piled on all that delta-v.

Still, Kim has got a lot more to worry about than his one or two missiles getting shot down. Or even whether they'll hit anywhere near their targets.

What he's got to worry about is the hundred or so US warheads that will be headed back in his direction. Which I think makes for a pretty convincing argument not to do anything stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join