It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL "North Korea can hit US with Nuke"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...&printer=1

North Korea has the capability of mounting a nuclear warhead on its missiles that could hit the United States, a senior US defense official said.

Vice Admiral Lowell Jacoby, the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, gave the assessment during a Congressional hearing.

Asked by Senator Hillary Clinton whether North Korea had the ability to arm a missile with a nuclear device, Jacoby said: "The assessment is that they have the capability to do that, yes, ma'am."

Hmmm I wonder what impact this is going to have on US foreign relations? An invasion in the near future?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hard to say, its been proven the goverment doesnt need hard evidence to invade a country, so lets not hold our breath on this statement either, it could be like those WMD that everyone knew were in Iraq. As for an attack on NK, I would say its completely within the realm of possiblity.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The title "senior US defense official" doesnt give this source too much credibility in my books.

Sounds like another scary story from the department of propaganda to me.

We had a similar scare story about Iran not that long ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Down with all this scary hype!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This staling crap is getting old..

DROP THE BOMBS ALREADY...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Bad idea cuz if they fail in either Iran or NK then retaliatory strikes may becomes possible, one area of retaliation for Iran is of course Iraq and NK well American Mainland.

If it's true not much America can do about it...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think this one is true. It's on Drudge and some other sites now.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
well if they could almost launch a 3 stage missile into orbit in 1998, i think by now they likely do have icbm capability...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Its ok folks, they dont have many and our ABM system is online, why do you think Bush wanted it done in 2004 at all costs, plus SM3 equiped CG's are in the Sea of Japan.

NK cant do shi* and they know it.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Bad idea cuz if they fail in either Iran or NK then retaliatory strikes may becomes possible, one area of retaliation for Iran is of course Iraq and NK well American Mainland.

If it's true not much America can do about it...

You've got to be kidding?
seriously, NK nukes wouldn't get out of the silos.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshGator54

Yes...just think like that...and mabye the NK rifles wont fire when US troops are fighting?
Also ed can you send me some links to the ABM system?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Yes...just think like that...and mabye the NK rifles wont fire when US troops are fighting?

not saying NK nukes would fail. I would bet if these ICBM's do exist US intel has a good idea where they are and would take them out well before they got airborne.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Didnt Bush make a quote something like "North Korea will not have nuclear weapons".

They probably already did when he made that comment. So what is the deal, should I not beleive anything the President says?

Im not saying we should conquer North Korea, im just saying that is what Bush said about their nuclear weapons.

So lets say Bush has integrity in his words, that means in the next 3 years there will be a war with North Korea. Hopefully not the same kind of war in Iraq. Hopefully a quick one.

Maybe China should invade. Or Russia. Or why not the United Kingdom. Would be a good show of force from the United Kingdom if they took care of at least one problem in the world other then Argentina.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I posted a bunch of them in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think we will get nuked.

I'm not sure who will be responsible, but with these successively more definite statements, it's pretty clear who's getting blamed.

Sort of an incentive for some other nation to sub-nuke the west coast, and let the Americans blame NK.

I doubt NK would actually fire its only nuke. That would be like throwing the hostage at the police to end the standoff. Bad tactics.

Maybe Kim is really insane like everyone says. Or maybe that's just smokescreen. More layering effect for another great deception...

It won't matter anyway, enough people will always believe the mainstream version to make acting on that 'truth' feasible. I figure this country is just along for the ride, like all the others.

Grown boys and their games...

They play with nations like children play with He-Man dolls.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obfuscate

Maybe China should invade. Or Russia. Or why not the United Kingdom. Would be a good show of force from the United Kingdom if they took care of at least one problem in the world other then Argentina.

Yeah right, Its bad enough that our troops are in Iraq over a dodgy dossier.

I have to admit talking about nukes is a VERY scary subject for ANY country I don't think anyone wants a nuclear war on their hands inc. NK. In my own opinion I think Iran is higher priority than NK.

Watch out for bombings in Iran in june this year. (possibility)

Obfuscate, there is ONE thing you must remember about ANY politician and that is if they can lie, they will. Weird that we pay politicians HUGE amounts of money to do political work for us and all they can do is lie to make us believe we're in control.

As for the UK going into NK you have got to be having a laugh. Some how I don't think UK troops after spending 4 times the amount of time in Iraq than they should have are just going to start fighting in NK especially if Nukes are involved. I think if anything was to kick off in NK or they tried to attack another country they would be in extremly deep water. We have atomic subs all over the oceans of the world and NK know this, they will not try anything funny. The UK may be a dinky little island but we don't react until needed and when we do react all hell breaks loose.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I doubt NK would actually fire its only nuke. That would be like throwing the hostage at the police to end the standoff. Bad tactics.

Maybe Kim is really insane like everyone says. Or maybe that's just smokescreen. More layering effect for another great deception...

You can be pretty certain he's not insane and he has more than one nuke. His missile technology is advanced enough to be selling it to other nations and he's had plenty of time to build up a nuclear stockpile just going on what we 'know' which is probably only half the real story. He has an alliance with Iran now too, so you can expect any move against Iran to trigger a response from NK - not to help them but to take advantage of the distraction and get in a first strike.

On the bright side, his missiles can't reach the east coast and I have some land in Florida that will be worth a lot more...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
wouldnt be bad if they would try if it could really hit the states though...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

not saying NK nukes would fail. I would bet if these ICBM's do exist US intel has a good idea where they are and would take them out well before they got airborne.

Once they get launched what can the USA do? Last I heard thier Anti-Missile shield is not operational and is spotty at best. Arrogance was the fall of Rome remember that(well that and Lead
)

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
where going in

The U.S. government has reported since 2001 that if successful, a North Korean three-stage rocket could reach a distance of 9,300 miles -- far enough to hit all of North America -- with several hundred pounds of weapons payload on it.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
going in ?? why ? why cant they have these rockets but u can..sounds not logical

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join