It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS' Top 100 Posters!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Oh, Paperclip, please dont ruin my day and dont make me cry....*sigh*

You will have your 15 minutes of fame someday. Ok?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

let's give it up for these members!!!

Are those figures from those who started a new post, or just replied? If it is just replied, a lot of them mods, so wouldn't they post a lot just doing their job keeping the board in top shape (warns, closing posts, keeping things neat and tidy, etc)? And some of those posters are just copy and paste spammers, posting the same topics again and again, just changing them a little so they can have another reason to go off on a diatribe. I don't know if that is something to be admired, in fact, it should be discouraged. But don't get me wrong, most of them are quality posters who contribute greatly.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh, Paperclip, please dont ruin my day and dont make me cry....*sigh*

You will have your 15 minutes of fame someday. Ok?

awww... sweet ...

don't worry, I took my green and blue pill, everything is just fiiiiiiinnneee!!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Are those figures from those who started a new post, or just replied? If it is just replied, a lot of them mods, so wouldn't they post a lot just doing their job keeping the board in top shape (warns, closing posts, keeping things neat and tidy, etc)? And some of those posters are just copy and paste spammers, posting the same topics again and again, just changing them a little so they can have another reason to go off on a diatribe. I don't know if that is something to be admired, in fact, it should be discouraged. But don't get me wrong, most of them are quality posters who contribute greatly.

these are about posts all together...

this includes BTS and PTS i think...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
heeyyyy , I'm on that list... cool !

I like to think that I'm there for making good, educated posts.... okay well maybe a few of them were "off the cuff" remarks.. but hey nobodys perfect.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
That includes everything. All posts, ATS/BTS/PTS/ATSNN. POSTS, not threads. Starting a thread is a post, but every subsequent post counts just as much. And yes, I suppose a lot of modwork involves posting, but more often than not it's solved through u2u. If anything, it would make your post count lower because you spend less time 'browsing' ATS and co.

They're all up there because they've either been here for a while and have stayed and found a niche, or because they post a lot nonstop, i.e., I'd be up there, but I took a six month hiatus or so, which was kinda lame of me.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
everyone of my posts is copied and pasted

so is this one

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Strange, just thought of this. How did you make this list? Is it some mod power? Or is there a way anyone can see who has how many posts?

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Strange, just thought of this. How did you make this list? Is it some mod power? Or is there a way anyone can see who has how many posts?

Well, first off they see ALL isn't a mod, but he also said early on how he got the info.

If you click on the
up top you'll get a list of all the members. Just click sort by post number and you'll get it all right there. Of course, they see ALL had to do a bunch of editing, but still, it's all right there.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Yeah, But Are They GOOD Posts?

I see you all up there in the Top 100, all smug and smarmy, but come on, let's be honest here.

How many of those were one-liners you got away with? Or cut 'n' pastes? Or "accidental" double-posts? Or posts you had the neighbors' kids come over and do for you on your account to pump up your point count?

Oh, I'm on to your little game, yes I am!

Go ahead, trumpet your post-count glory from the rooftops, but there's some of us left who care more about quality than quantity, bucko!

Translation: Yeah, I’m jealous. Jealous as sin! I feel like paperclip. It’s like I’m in high school all over again, trapped in Algebra 1 on Groundhog Day. The horror, the horror. No, wait, hold on. I’m not jealous, you are, of me, yeah, that’s right. Be jealous, because you know I’m cool. Damn straight. Aw screw it. I’m jealous. Bite me.

[edit on 5/3/2005 by Majic]

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Or posts you had the neighbors' kids come over and do for you on your account to pump up your point count?

How in the hell did you find out about that?!

I thought I bribed that little bugger enough money to keep his trap shut!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
They're all up there because they've either been here for a while (guilty) and have stayed (guilty) and found a niche (guilty, UFOs), or because they post a lot nonstop (and guilty)....

As for quality, I'd like to think so, though no doubt I've got my share of one-liners in there too, from back before such rule ideas...and of course, just being silly in BTS, or ATS on occassion.....

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Oh Please!

Gaz. I am so totally kidding.

The posts of the Big 100 speak for themselves.

I just can't resist giving you guys a virtual noogie now and then.

After all, I'm not just jealous of your post counts.

Hmm, since this is BTS, I suppose we're overdue for a gratuitous dancing banana, so here you go:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I told you it was quantity and not quality.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You know, someone U2U'd me about points as well.....you folks really care about all this stats stuff?
I've truly never thought about it. I just miss the curses!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Well, first off they see ALL isn't a mod, but he also said early on how he got the info.

not YET...

and...

i am happy to be a part of the BIG 100

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Give me a week or so, I'll be there.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thanks man, you've just proven that I am indeed a wind bag.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Thanks man, you've just proven that I am indeed a wind bag.

me???

if so...

G00D

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Y'know, i'm getting there, i'm on the 5th page now, 10k of ATS points, almost 1200 posts...

Heh, never received an aplause though, I never share anything phenomenal or say something absolutely intelligent

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join