It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini Nessie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hm, look at this creature!
Link from where Pic was taken and news story

This odd thing washed up and has:

The Body Of Seal,
Tail Of A Whale,
Fins and Claws...

It's Already been Dubbed "Mini Nessie"

What do you have to say about it?

added link

[edit on 4-28-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Looks familiar, I'm sure it was explained as something mundane.

For future reference, please cite the source and story for your images (unless you took them yourself, of course). Helps to cut down on random conjecture and helps get to the truth, whatever it may be, more easily.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Interesting pics, Mini Nessie is a good name for it, lol. Found some stuff on it.

An explanantion:
An anonymous caller said: "Unable to resist, I rang the Centre of Fortean Zoology and got through to someone called CFZ who became audibly excited. I gave him the web link which he typed in as we spoke.

'This is unbelievable,' he said. 'I need you to get down there now, it doesn't matter who's around, just put it in a bin bag and Fed Ex it down we'll reimburse your costs.'"

But later we had this message: "Sirs, I am a representative of the Centre for Fortean Zoology, based in Northants, England. We study unknown and out-of-place animals (www.cfz.org.uk).

"My attention was drawn to your story of the 'mini Loch Ness Monster'.

"I have consulted a number of experts, and have come to the conclusion that the photo is actually of a foetal porpoise with desiccation of the pectoral and ventral fins which make them look like claws.

"No mystery here I'm afraid but maybe next time."

Link

Whitehaven News story

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think that Cryptids are now becoming real animals. Now we know that there are mini Nessies are in the Oceans. And how the hell could it be a baby porpious or a seal cub.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
well maybe nessie is breading u no like the thing in godzilla it didnt need a partner ... and they've escapd into thre sea cause there is like an undrwater passage out of loch ness

were was the pic taken

[edit on 7-5-2005 by tigb]

[edit on 7-5-2005 by tigb]

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Very interesting, really doesnt look like a seal pup or that other thing.

This and the many other stories of creatures that are out of the ordinary just shows how much we still dont know about are own planet. There are soo many species of which we dont know about because, (generalising here) were too lazy and would rather explore things 'not of this world' rather than consentrating on exploring the hidden depths (well not really hidden as such) of caves, jungles, lakes, mountains and so fourth.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

from the article.

Gases in the body have bloated it out of proportion and the fur and skin in the small areas (flippers) have been scavenged or slipped off.

“I’ve seen many that look the same on the North Coast of California. First time I saw one I was also sure it was something ‘new’. Any marine biologist should be able to tell quickly from the teeth.”

It is a decayed seal, or porpoise. Decay and floating around can make things unrecognizable.

However I am interested if there are more pictures, since it seems these are fairly common.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This has been up here before and I believe it is just some sea creature like a dolphin or porpois. Like LeftBehind said, decaying can make things look different. Oh and here is a link to another thread about it.

new topics

top topics

join