It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Interest Patents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was just browsing patent ideas and came across a few that were of interest to me.

They are also in interest to the United States Government.

Velocity damper for electromagnetically levitated materials

This invention relates generally to electromagnetic levitation systems and more specifically to apparatus for controlling induced movement of an electromagnetically levitated material.

Someone explain this one
High surface quality GaN wafer and method of fabricating same

More to come. Its interesting to just search patents.

What can you come up with ?

Use this: patft.uspto.gov...

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Why didn't I ever think about this. Great idea, even those of high security have to be patented.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
GaN, or Gallium Nitride, is a very promising semiconductor material.
See the following link, for example:

www.compoundsemiconductor.net...

If one can demonstrate an efficient and cheap method for making this material, you could probably make some $$$.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Someone explain this one

This is basically a whole new level of ice-cream wafer. One designed specifically to keep the ice-cream frozen for up to 7 days, even when you take it out the freezer! But you begin to see the real ingenuity of this technology when you actually take a bite of the wafer and the ice-cream doesn't ooze out the sides! Pure genius. That guy should get a nobel prize..

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Someone explain this one

Seems like fabrication methods for some Optronic Device including but not limited to Light Emitting Diodes for use in CD/DVD Rom devices. I think that is what it's describing. You can find amazing thing in the USPTO. Everything that has been invented gets patented, allthough there are alot of bunk patents out there... Patent Officers can get lazy too sometimes, not all of them are named Albert

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Air board ?

Levitation craft

Pepetual Motion toy ?

Perpetual Motion device

Fun to look up stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
HOW DO PEOPLE COME UP WITH THESE THINGS?

It amazes me at what the human mind can come up with...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Ok this is the best one ever....

The invention discloses a device and vehicle for decomposition and discard of animal waste. It's an elongated hollow tubular housing made of aluminum or PVC, a detachable cylinder filled with a compressed freezing chemical or refrigerant, or compressed liquid enzymes, which is inserted into the hollow housing, an operation button exposed for use, empty space at the handle end for the placement of plastic trash bags, and a threaded top on the end of the housing encapsulating the empty space. The decomposition device is aimed at the animal waste to be removed, and the operation button is pressed, which in turn manipulates the pressurized freezing chemical or enzymes, forcing the contents out of the opposite end, to freeze or breakdown the animal waste, dependent upon the choice of cylinder.

The Device

The funny thing is, its in government interest !

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Ok these have nothing to do with the topic, but they are filed by Edward Van Halen !

Van Halen Device 1

Device 2

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I have read that a lot of inventors refuse to patent stuff in the US because of the government taking their ideas etc.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3
I have read that a lot of inventors refuse to patent stuff in the US because of the government taking their ideas etc.

Those are the stupid ones yeah, only way to make money really is to patent your idea before anyone else. Just take a look at the Database, you'll see lots of weird stuff in thier and probably lots of stuff the US is currently working on in Black Programs(allthough most likely under very obscure names and descriptions)

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Also, don't forget that you can patent something that doesn't exist yet, or that you can't quite make. A lot of patents are based upon that idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Also, don't forget that you can patent something that doesn't exist yet, or that you can't quite make. A lot of patents are based upon that idea.

You mean like sony's "invention" here

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Velocity damper for electromagnetically levitated materials =

This is in effect the pre cursor for inertia dampers. Inertia Dampers are what is required to be able to accelerate and decelerate very quickly without flattening everything.

For example as you travel in a train you don't feel any force at all until you start to accelerate or decelerate. The force you feel is the effect of inertia.

if you could dampen this effect somehow you would be able to create transport systems that were not only very fast but also have no motional movement inside the transport system.

this method could also be applied to crash scenarios where an inertia damper could protect the person from harmful collisions.

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Neon, that is pretty advanced technology i take it that u mean an object such as a train for example could accelerate with 100m/s^2 and people would feel no g-force? In a word that kind of tech is in the realm of 'anti gravity'
I think it may be possible though, i have read about bose einstein or monatomic materials which can exhibit these effects. Also mercury when heated can take on monatomic properties, the gravitational effect has supposedly even been measured though obviously not mainstream.
A device called an ignitron can be used to show this according to the article i read, if somebody is knowledgeable on this device please pm me.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Flux Capacitor !

Now that's a find! The amount of work people put into something for a joke amazes me.

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Here's one I found searching (on a whim) for 'antigravity':

patft.uspto.gov.../netahtml/search-adv.htm&r=7&f=G&l=50&d=ptxt&S1=antigravity&O S=antigravity&RS=antigravity

Kinda interesting
Searching for "interplanetary and extraterrestrial" brought up 9 results; this one looked interesting as well:

patft.uspto.gov... 2=HITOFF&u=/netahtml/search-adv.htm&r=3&f=G&l=50&d=PTXT&p=1&S1=(interplanetary+AND+extraterrestrial)&OS=interplanetary+and+extraterrestrial&RS=(interp lanetary+AND+extraterrestrial)

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Some good finds there

Searching for less obvious keywords tends to bring up better results. Also its very hard to judge what the patent is about just by reading the subject line in the search results.

Ive found that again the less obvious are more interesting.

top topics

join