It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European UCAV packen Nukes!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Neutron first flight in 2009, and enters service 3 years later in 2012. Seems like they are asking for trouble. While the USAF is taking it's time to fully test and evaluate it's UCAVs. X-45 first flight was in 2001 - 2003, and will enter service between 2008 and 2010. That's 5 - 9 years of testing and evaluating. It looks like the French are just in a hurry to get their UCAV in service soon after America does.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by NWguy83]

[edit on 5-5-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Looked it up, X-45 first flight was in 2002.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I didn't know the X-45 was going to be a nuclear bomber, will it be replacing the B-2 in that role? I was hoping that something like a B-3 might have been in the works as a replacement. I guess un-manned stuff is the future though, but regular human piloted planes like the B-2 are still cool. The Neuron gives me bad vibes when i look at it and it makes me think Cylons lol.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Trent]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWguy83
Neutron first flight in 2009, and enters service 3 years later in 2012. Seems like they are asking for trouble. While the USAF is taking it's time to fully test and evaluate it's UCAVs. X-45 first flight was in 2001 - 2003, and will enter service between 2008 and 2010. That's 5 - 9 years of testing and evaluating. It looks like the French are just in a hurry to get their UCAV in service soon after America does.

The one that is likely to go operational is the X-45C, which will have its first flight in 2007, and will do testing for 2 years, and after that the AF will make a decision if they want it or not.

Originally posted by Trent
I didn't know the X-45 was going to be a nuclear bomber, will it be replacing the B-2 in that role?

What are you talking about? No one said anything about the X-45 being nuclear. and it couldn't hope to replace the B-2, its a stealth bomber yes, but it cant hold nearly as much.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ah ok, i had not heard much about these planes before and they looked like B-2 type aircraft but after reading the info on them i now know they are really more comparable to multi-role aircraft like the F/A 18 or Rafale. At first i had the impression that these aircraft were the next gen of stealth nuclear bombers, my mistake. I should read stuff instead of just looking at the pics i guess
I had seen the X-45 before and knew it was smaller than the B-2 but i had no idea what it's role was, since it was being compared to the neuron i thought it might be nuclear capable too.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Trent]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

above link
The aircraft may have unmanned air-to-air and bombing capabilities with the eventual ability to launch nuclear warheads. It is anticipated that it will be the first aircraft to integrate a software based stealth and survival technology with an advanced stealth airframe design.

Will Europe's first UCAV be Nuclear capable?

Nukes Huh? I was under the impression that there is a treaty against putting Nuclear Weapons on UCAV's! If I remember correctly the treaty was signed in 1982 or 83.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The Dassault nEUROn carried out its first flight on December 1, 2012. However, the nEUROn was strictly a technology demonstrator, with no provisions for weaponry.

Links:
theaviationist.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join