It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast to Coast AM Fans: Who is the guest that you would be most likely to tune to ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It seems to me that many of the same people who enjoy ATS/BTS also enjoy Coast to Coast am -- the radio program pioneered by Art Bell and ably hosted by George Noorey. Since the show deals with aliens, area 51, conspiracies and the like, I am certain that many ATSers and ABSers listen to the show or, at least visit their website;www.coasttocoastam.com. As avid listeners know, the show has nightly guests ranging from Dr. Machu Kaku (Superstring Theorist), Richard C. Hoagland, Major Ed Dames to some of the most outrageous "crackpots" (or are they?) one could ever imagine. I pose a question to Coast to Coast fans; "What guest is most likely to bring you to tune in and listen to the show?"

[edit on 4/28/2005 by benevolent tyrant]

[edit on 30-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
doesn't anyone listen to this program? I find this hard to believe. Certainly people have some opinions on this fascinating and popular radio program.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'd tune into a live interview, filmed, with a gray. Don't think I could miss that one. Heck, I'd even listen if they had a live, filmed interview with a reptillian (including George Bush or the Queen, apparently).

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
doesn't anyone listen to this program? I find this hard to believe. Certainly people have some opinions on this fascinating and popular radio program.

I've never heard of it. Do you work for this program and are trying to find ways to up your ratings? I say get some greys to interview. Even if it's completely fake, at least I'll tune in for a good laugh.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I never missed a show when they had my favorite guest, author, theologian, exorcist , the late TextFr. Malachi Martin. He was a most fascinating and articulate man. Currently, I try not to miss Dr. Machu Kaku. He has a way of expressing extremely complicated scientific theories in a manner that almost everyone can readily grasp -- especially when he discusses Superstring Theory.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No, I don't work for Coast to Coast am. And as for never having heard of it, well it is advertised in the States and Canada as the most popular overnight radio program with over 500 stations. It is also heard on short wave radio and, for subscribers, on the internet. Check out their website; www.coasttocoastam.com

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I never missed a show when they had my favorite guest, author, theologian, exorcist , the late TextFr. Malachi Martin. He was a most fascinating and articulate man. Currently, I try not to miss Dr. Machu Kaku. He has a way of expressing extremely complicated scientific theories in a manner that almost everyone can readily grasp -- especially when he discusses Superstring Theory.

Absolutely, they are 2 of my favorites, and the late Terrence McKenna.Seems more than a usual amount of his guests seem to te "late"

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What would I tune to in order to hear this show? Tonight's show seems interesting.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
What would I tune to in order to hear this show? Tonight's show seems interesting.
...................................................................................................................................................... ..............I suppose this would depend upon where you lived. But, anyway, there is listing of the radio stations that carry the program in the United States and Canada as well as a listing of shortwave frequencies that might enable people throughout the world to listen. Unfortuately, however, several years ago, the site stopped broadcasting the show over the internet except by subscription. Still, it is an interesting site with numerous links to the shows varied guests and topics discussed. I hope you can check it out.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It is according to what city you live in.It is on a low frequency AM station usually.640 AM in my area..
Check out your local AM stations by googling, it should come up, as it is the # 1 overnight show even for truckers..

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Of all the prophets, i would like to hear a Hopi Elder (something wolf).

Its an excellent show- For instance, did you know that according to Einstein this is hell? Thats right.

I like prophets, scientists, and of course anything that enlightens me as to the government.

Just keep Ed Dames away from that show. He is a nut case, IMHO.

I never miss it.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I don't really care who the guest is, as long as Art Bell is hosting!

I love falling asleep to the sound of his voice, and he seems to have a way of making every caller feel as if they have truly been "heard"....no matter what they have to say!

Not as big a fan of George Noory, though. He just doesn't *do it* for me.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

TextJust keep Ed Dames away from that show. He is a nut case, IMHO.
Major Ed Dames, I would have to agree, does come across as a real "nut case". But, it would seem that his credentials as the former head of the U.S. military's Psy-Ops Remote Viewing Team are real! What does seem to taint his credibility is the fact that he is making money from his remote viewing. Still, I can't see anything wrong with him selling his services to corporate interests. Everyone has to make a living and maybe he foresaw that remote viewing was his path. But even if Dr. Doom (aka Major Dames) is a nut case, I love listening to him and his predictions. They seem so random and off the wall that when one does seem to come to pass, you just have to stop and say hmmmmmmmmmm. My favorite prediction was the solar "KILL SHOT". Weeks before the sun unleashed a solar mass -- the largest ever recorded -- Dames' predicted it. His current predicition is that a space shuttle will be forced to land because of an approaching meteor shower. But that's not all. A global catastrophic event will begin shortlyafter the forced shuttle landing. See what I mean? His prophecies are pretty specific and they usually have a time line. This is supposed to occur within the next few years. Anyway, I'm always tuned to Coast to Coast am when I am on ATS/BTS. It's the perfect "background noise" while reading about aliens and conspiracy theories.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Ahhh, but George is a good replacement- although i agree that nobody compares to Art Bell. Its something about Arts voice in the middle of the night and Nancy Sinatra and Kris Kristofferson in the background that is phenomenal. I wouldnt give it up for the world.

Some of that bumper music is enough to give me the chills- like Brother Iz..Somewhere Over the Rainbow...* Oh my God* Others dont know what they are missing.......

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I’ve posted this many times but you can listen to Coast To Coast live on the internet every night, just click the link below. You need to sign up but it costs nothing and they don’t send any email.

550 KFYI Radio Stream

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Oh man....I just remembered one of my favorite all time nut-bar guests.....MEL of Mels' Hole. It seems that there is this guy, Mel, who has a bottomless pit on his farm in Arkansas or Louisiana or somesuch backwater state. He's been dumping cars and even school busses down this hole for years and years. He even tried to measure how deep the hole was by lowering a flashlight down the hole at the end of a fishing line....he ran out of fishing line before he ever reached the bottom and he had already lost sight of the flashlight! You listen to this stuff, you know its' BS and yet, you shake your head and go WOW! Coast to Coast is amazing and, once again, I don't work for these guys, though I sincerely wished that I did. Of course if I did work for these guys, I'd only have to go to the forums at ATS/BTS to find the stories, topics and guest suggestions that would continue to make C2Cam the overnight success that it is.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
>>Of all the prophets, i would like to hear a Hopi Elder

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sirius,

I think i may have missed the one with interpreters.. that must have been something...
I hope they replay it. I'll drink 2 cups of coffee about 10pm and tune in.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Everyone misses Art Bell. Thankfully, Art does host the show on the weekends though not every radio market carries the show on Saturday and Sunday nights. Art has a way of really listening to the guests and the telephone callers that lets you feel like you are there and that he genuinely care -- a rare thing for a host of a radio call in show. Art used to dedicate several lines occasionally for "special people" to call in on. He would have a "time traveler line", "a vampire line" or, for example, a line for "people who work at area 51". One of my all time favorite calls was from this guy in an airplane who was going to fly his plane into the restricted airspace of area 51". As you can guess, that call ended in static after the caller reported seeing F-18s on afterburners heading in his direction. Bizarre entertainment, indeed. But just when you are ready to dismiss the show as "fluff", he'd have Dr. Machu Kaku on and he's no fluff. I don't know if you recognize Dr. Kaku but he's one of the co-authors (?) of the superstring theory. Definitely NOT a lightweight guest. Thankfully, Arts' successor, George Noorey, carries on faithfully in Art's well established and effective format. Well worth a listen.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I love the show. I loved it more under Art, but oh well. Art got sort of over the top for a while, talking about demon seeds and "arts parts" (ufo parts) so it was obviously time for him to step back. I suspected for a while that he was planning to stage a mysterious disappearance actually.

Anyway, the major problem I've had with his guests is that the intelligent ones often dumb themselves down for the audience. I understand why, but that really cuts into my enjoyment. I'd like to be able to just sit down and talk one on one with some of his guests.

If I were more interested in physics then it would be Michio Kaku, hands down, but that's not my favorite subject.
He had two really good shows back to back recently. David Boadanis was great, and he didn't dumb himself down. Electricity interests me. If I had more time on my hands I'd like to experiment with building things from scratch, like generators, motors, radios, LEDS, just to see if I could do it all without using electricity in the manufacture of electronic equipment

Then he had Jordan Maxwell. Jordan's topic interests me the most by far, but he was playing some really silly word games which didn't particularly impress me. I wish he'd stuck more with the secret societies and their more concrete symbols. The saturn thing was interesting (He talked about several allusions to saturn in our legal system) but he didn't go into enough detail. Then he went into this spiel about court being called court as a sports analogy, with the object being to put the ball back in the other guy's court. I could be wrong, but that did not sound like an accurate explanation of the term- just clever word play. I'm anxious now to see if the threats against Maxwell are fake or not. If he dies soon, they we real. That's pretty much all I've got to go on.

But yeah, I'm a huge fan. They've been letting me run some equipment instead of doing grunt work lately, and I work nights, so I bring a walkman and listen to the show every night

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join