It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ASTARTE mean anything to anyone?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm searching for the origin of this word "Astarte".

Was it a person? A place?

I've found it by googling, and to some apparently it has something to do with a collective. An Astarte or Ashtarian collective, related somehow to the reptilitan/alien dominance conspiracy that says that we are somehow interconnected in ancient history to alien races from Orion, Sirus or whatever.

The reason I ask is because my grandmother recalls a dream she had long ago in which she came upon an entrance or doorway made of stone, in the side of a mountain with an engraving above it that said "ASTARTE".

I have always had a close connection with my grandmother, and she is a very wise woman. Once, when I was a little kid, I told her that my real name was "ELOT". If this rings a bell to anyone, please chime in as well.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Astarte was a goddess worshipped by the Greeks, Egyptians, and Phoenicians.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Did you look at the definition?

www.answers.com...&r=67

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have looked at that definition before, and had forgotten it. I guess that information was just incorporated into a dream then.

Does anyone think about dreams providing a possible low level remote viewing capability?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Does your grandmom remember if she was in a phase of her life where there was a fertility issue? I know it's kinda hard to talk to grandma about this but it could answer some questions.

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I have looked at that definition before, and had forgotten it. I guess that information was just incorporated into a dream then.

Does anyone think about dreams providing a possible low level remote viewing capability?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos[/]

Well, maybe..........depends on what the dream means to YOU in your life. Maybe it actually IS a glimpse into the future but who is to say? Maybe it relates to other people or maybe it only relates to your inner life desires become manifest in your dreamlife.........

.........................just sayin

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Dreams can give you some interesting information, even if you never heard of that before, I was dreaming and in the dream there was that word El Tazar, but I never heard of that name before, I searched in Google and found it really exists. So for the Astarte you probably subconsciously registered and then in dream it came to you again, it is part of common subconscious knowledge, a lot of people worshiped the godess in that time, so it is word vibrating strong in the Earth mental field.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
And of course, the Pope died right after Easter.

So Ishtar is on everyone's mind.

I mean, they did mention the Mother like a bazillion times over the course of the following few weeks, and the new Pope as well thanked Ashtar in the form of Mary as soon as he was elected.

I guess all these names are Astarte.

Alright, thats enough of that.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It seems to have homoerotic overtones to me, but maybe I'm just pronouncing it wrong....

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This may or may not be of interest to you, DeltaChaos?
I did a search on Astarte and secret society and got this return:
ASTARTE + secret society

seekerof

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Also a name in "Manfred" by Lord Byron

MANFRED. One without a tomb-- call up Astarte.

NEMESIS

Shadow! or Spirit!
Whatever thou art,
Which still doth inherit
The whole or a part
Of the form of thy birth,
Of the mould of thy clay
Which returned to the earth,--
Re-appear to the day!
Bear what thou borest,
The heart and the form,
And the aspect thou worest
Redeem from the worm.
Appear!-- Appear!-- Appear!
Who sent thee there requires thee here!

[The Phantom of ASTARTE rises and stands in the midst.

MANFRED. Can this be death? there's bloom upon her cheek;
But now I see it is no living hue,
But a strange hectic-- like the unnatural red
Which Autumn plants upon the perish'd leaf.
It is the same! Oh, God! that I should dread
To look upon the same-- Astarte!-- No,
I cannot speak to her-- but bid her speak--
Forgive me or condemn me.

NEMESIS

By the power which hath broken
The grave which enthrall'd thee,
Speak to him who hath spoken,
Or those who have call'd thee!

MANFRED. She is silent,
And in that silence I am more than answer'd.

www.litgothic.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Astarte was another form of a highly respected and worshiped goddess in the near east in ancient times. other forms of this goddess carried different names: Ishtar, Innana, Ashtoreth, Isis, ect. She was pretty common in the ancient world as a fertility diety. Nothing bizarre or sinister there, unless of course, youre one of the Christians that once burnt people at the stake for reviving the worship of this old god.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Isn't "Astarte the witch mother... and doesn't she have a "hidden consort"?

And isn't he known as "the great horned god"...?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7

No. The Great Horned God is a male deity, who is considered the consort of the mother deity. The Horned God has appeared in many forms in many religions in the world as symbolic of the masculine half of the male/female divinity.

In some later traditions, Astarte was worshiped by different covens as a mother goddess, especially during the inquisition and witch burnings.

But generally, the Great Witch Mother often refered to by female covens is the Goddess Diana and her daughter, Aradia, who was called the queen of witches. Astarte was also worshiped as a mother goddess amongst "witches".

Witches, by the way, was the catch all phrase used by the church to label anyone, usually women, who returned to the worship of the old pagan religons. Although the women themselves did not worship Satan, the church authorities basically believed that worship of any religon other than theirs was Satanism, and thus, concocted many fantastic, but false claims of the "witches" practices and beliefs, all of which were for the sole purpose of justifying their brutal oppresion of anyone who disagreed with them.

The reference to Astarte being a "horned god" probably refers to her image, which she was often depicted wearing the lunar crescent as a crown, the crescent itself shaped like a pair of horns, but this depiction was mainly to associate her as a moon goddess, which was another aspect of her total being. Her consort, if I remeber correctly, being a Phoenecian goddess, was Dagon the fish god, or another Phoenecian god.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7

I think you misunderstand... I wasn't refering to Astarte as "the great horned god" I was refering to her "consort" as "the great horned god"..

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have not fully read this thread, so I may be stating something that has already been mentioned. Astarte does have a meaning to me, personally. I dont remember of what, or why, but I think it pertains to a certain god. The reptillian/alien race you are reffering to is called the Annunaki, or the Watchers, observers, etc. I think that Astarte was a leader of this race, if i'm not mistaken (probably am). Then again, I am going off of a memory.... something to do with Marduk... Anu... shub niggurath? do any of these words ring a bell. they're just kinda popping into my head..

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
A Pagan song to the Goddess called The Burning Times has a chorus that goes : "Isis,Astarte,Diana,Hecate,Demeter,Kali,Inanna"

My daughter has loved to dance to the Inkubus & Sukubus version of it since she was a year old.

You can get it here

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i for one believe in the remote viewing possibility when youre dreaming. it has to be. im sometimes convinced i may have to do with soem kind of interraction between aliens and human beings due to the visions ive had in my dreams.

i think they were actual ufo's too, not government ones...

[edit on 29-4-2005 by topsecretombomb]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
topsecret, there have been times where I have gotten up in the morning, and I have a slight scratch on my face.

I mean, isn't that unusual? I am not talking a shaving scar, or a real scratch either, but not something that could happen by accident, especially in my sleep!

And yes, I see a lot of places in my dreams, but I hardly remember more than what I am thinking (or being told) just as I wake up.

And I used to think that dreams could be interpreted by the book...

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Astarte The Lady of the Beasts. Along with Lilith she is one of the principal Elohim (this Hebrew plural word means goddesses and gods, though translated as God by biblical revisionists for the past 2,000 years) of the Semites of Phoenicia. Consort to Baal , she is here depicted with two foals in ecstatic dance, her typically upraised arms grasping serpents. She was the Great Goddess, all-powerful, creating-preserving-destroying, an embodiment of Mother Nature. Also known as Ashtoroth, in some poses she is identical with images of Kali , while in her role of virgin she is an ancient prototype of Mary.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join