It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fevers and hightened sense of reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am just inquiring whether anyone else has experienced this

earlier this year i had a fever, it was really bad, and i had the most psycho hallucinations.

Anyway ever since ive been able to smell far away things (i could smell a womans perfume in her open top car from about 10 metres away), i can see better (in the dark - not pitch black - i have more vision than anyone else, my taste is more vibrant so to speak, hear better (i can hear people whispering in the next door house, considering our walls are quite sturdy)

as another.....less plausible note i am becoming more aware of peoples presence, i can sense someone before i see them.....i know the phone is going to ring about ten seconds before it does (its got to the point where i pick up the phone and hand it to my dad quickly and it rings.

what is going on, it is actually worrying my dad, has anyone else come across this???
And mods it here because its about the human bod and senses etc

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i have never heard of anything like this...just be optimistic about it and use it to your advantage

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This could be explained by the fever doing damage troughout your body and your body repairing itself better, after the fever, then it was before the fever.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
When I get a bad fever or bad sunburn
for that matter I often feel surreal or like I am having an OBE.

I get the phone thing but in another way. If I'm taking a cat nap anytime during the day I will almost always wake up about 30 seconds before the phone rings. And no I am not missing the first ring.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It would seem that the fever stretched/extended/activated your neural responses/sensitivities to an unusual levels.

I would be inclinded to be cautious with it. I suspect that nerves that sensitive are also easily subject to damage.

It is a special ability/sensitivity, i don't believe in magic, so i hope you don't think it is. Try not to over-interpret it.

Enjoy it (if it is enjoyable), use it and maybe gently experiment with it [and take literal notes if you want to favor the rest of us with them], don't be wreckless with it, be willing to accept and enjoy your life if and when your sensitivities return to more normal levels in the future.

[I sound like I'm preaching, omg, where is my self-tranquilizer gun?]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think its more of the fact that you think you have special powers or abilities. For instance, taking drugs; some cases you will feel as though you have the same 'powers'.

I think its just more of having your body 'out-of-whack' and it not being able to support yourself the way it normally does. Then you get weird expirences.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
wow thanx for yur input guys yea firstly it is mosdly good, secondly i am not imagining it i did atest, where my dad went outside and siad something no1 else vcould hear and i could hear... as ffor the body repairing itself interesting theory i think that is very plausible, (NO I DONT THINK ITS MAGIC SILLY) im not talking about EXTREME sensitivity but enough so its more than is normal. there was hoewver one incident where in a nightclub i passed out when i suddenly had a splitting headache (presumably because of the noise and smell) but it doesnt NECCASERILY mean it was caused by this. im just worried it may get worse.

(repairing them better than before when the fever wrecked them???? interesting...)

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
think of it as a gift...it sounds pretty cool...the fever probly cleaned out your insides so now your senses can sense better...lol....

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
wow an old thread of mine.
hey yeah thanks i thought of that at one point, since the "after effects" i guess ill call them, have died down a little, the sense of smell has remained strong, (just the other day i picked up on a friends perfume as they came into the library, i turned round and there she was!
(from about 20 metres away she had been in the room probably about a minute)

So i guess its a possible cause yea....

Lol but its not like a have supersenses, just largely hightened thats all. well....to be honest they a damn site better than anyone ive met, but i dont brag, im just hoping i dont have another fever where it happens again, god id probably end up with dog senses

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Shadow88]

[edit on 5-4-2006 by Shadow88]

top topics

join