It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Chalabi Appointed Interim Head of Iraqi Oil Ministry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Dr. Ahmad Chalabi has been appointed interim head of Iraq's Oil ministry. Chalabi, who has no experience in the oil industry, is now in direct control of some 115 billion barrels of oil. Iraq owns the worlds 3rd largest oil reserves. Dr. Chalabi was found guilty of fraud by a Jordanian military court in 1992.

news.yahoo.com
But Western and Iraqi oil executives said Chalabi, once tipped to be a leader in Iraq before he fell out with his U.S. backers, might take precious little time to try and make his mark on the oil sector, home to 115 billion barrels of reserves.

Chalabi's aides said the former financier could head the ministry indefinitely in the absence of consensus over a permanent replacement.

"Dr. Ahmad may remain oil minister for weeks or months. It depends on reaching a political agreement," Nabil al-Moussawi, a senior Chalabi aide told Reuters.

That would leave Chalabi, who has no expertise in oil, steering the oil industry of the country with the third largest reserves through a turbulent period of suicide bombings and frequent attacks on pipelines.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After the much publicised fall out between Chalabi and the Americans this news comes as a shock. Was the fall out just for domestic Iraqi consumption to be used as a smokescreen to hide the fact that Chalabi, once a staunch U.S ally, is still a U.S puppet?

I find it hard to see why a convicted fraudster would be appointed head of a countries biggest asset. Other than the fact that he can be easily bribed to approve what ever contracts the United States might put infront of him.

This smells so fishy its not funny, thoughts?

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com

[edit on 28/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yes, is very fishy indeed when this same man has not scrupulous as to divide the entire Iraqi country into four parts for Oil base companies to start exploiting for oil, that was one of his plan for post war Iraq.

What I find more incredible is that the Iraqi people knowing this man's past and what he plans for Iraqi oil, is going to just let him get away with it.

I smell a death fat rat very soon in the news.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I wonder if cousin Allawi helped get Chalabi his new job. I have so much distrust for that man, imo he should have never been involved in the Iraqi govt in the first place and imo, he's one of the people that provided the US with false intelligence that caused us to rush into this war.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Issue with Chalabi is that he and Allawi were the top men for the MWDs prof, they did a great job in convincing the US and UK about Saddam nuclear power, or possible power.

Chalabi have now his payback, he wanted to be PM but Allawi got it first, but that is nothing compare to the sweet treat he got now as Iraqi Oil ministry, he will do just like US wants him to do.

I will not be surprised that the paper work of the handling of the oil fields to oil base companies and for privatization of that oil is not ready in Washington.

Yes..........we will know very soon, let see how the Iraqi people or may I say the "insurgents" will take the news that their oil is not longer theirs but belong to private companies.

If that happen and become true I think we will know how really the Iraqi people wants US in their land managing their oil.

Occurs I will leave it a that, maybe it may not happen at all and the Iraqi oil will remain in the power of the nation of Iraq and for the people.

new topics

top topics

join