It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow up on missing cousin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I believe you. I think there is a conspiricy going on here and someone changed your original post. Come on now people if this person was lying how could they be so dumb as to not go back and look at the original post to continue their story.

I am sincere in believing you and await your picture of Cliff's temple. Just be sure that you don't grab a pic from google images or something cause there are alot of image experts here.

Now I have to go back to the original post and see if I first said I didn't believe her.
Damn it.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I would say that when trying to incite a hoax, write the story down on paper so you can stick to the facts. Not saying your lying mind you, just that there are far too many discrapancies for me to believe you are being truthful.

Not to mention intentially hoaxing here is against the T&C's and could lead to further disiplinary action, up to and including banning.

A little off topic, and I'm not condoning an outright hoax in anyway, but actually it might not be too bad for a hoaxer to come along once in a while. It'd give us practice for finding whatever problems are in people's stories. Not too long ago, a photo expert posted a series of threads with a photograph he later admitted was fake--not that he was claiming it was real from the get go or anything. It was an excersice to teach people how to find tricks in photos, like CG and Photoshopping. It was quite informative. It might be a good idea for people to do that everyonce in a while with a story like this for example, something with some discrepancies here or there. After it's all said and done the person says "Yeah, I was just pulling your leg, and you should've caught this, that, and this thing I said here..."

Just a thought...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"Maybe they had their memories erased or as I said they are in denial or something"

or

nothing happened !

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I couldn't help it, I had to point out your sig tag.

"The truth is out there, and it sucks!" - Zabilgy, 2005

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
How do I post a picture on here if its not from a URL??

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
email it to me [email protected] in case it's too big and I'll resize it.
Hope you took a few at different angles because next will be that you found the picture on the web where there was only one.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, nobody can edit the original posts or a trail is left.

I cannot believe that when called on the discrepencies:

1) "Oh I was stressed..." is so very convenient
2) Someone must have erased their memories
3) Someone must have tampered with the original post

How about the possibility that the entire story was untrue?

Oh no, of course not.

Reminder:
He stated multiple times that "WE" saw this and "WE" are/were worried.
"We spent an hour outside looking for him and calling him" which now the we's forgot about and he thinks he got wrong due to "stress".

Then finally, "I saw him get abducted and everyone else thought I was a bit crazy or making it up".

How does one mess up the story that bad and still remain credible?

Well, post a pic if you can but just as all past stories such as this...there will be camera problems, posting problems, film problems, technical problems, etc, etc. I have yet to see one happen.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I believe you. I think there is a conspiricy going on here and someone changed your original post.

This seems quite possible to me too. But whatever. I thought this was the forum to post this. Now I don't know why I bothered....

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
A little off topic, and I'm not condoning an outright hoax in anyway, but actually it might not be too bad for a hoaxer to come along once in a while. It'd give us practice for finding whatever problems are in people's stories.

Well, pull up a seat and take notes on this one...textbook hoax here. We have the following:

1. The famous "cousin" who gets all the really crazy experiences

2. The late night drinking situation, which can throw off judgement, thus make it easy to alter the story later.

3. The seperate posts that condradict each other.

4. The lack of action after the once in a life time incident occurs (I think seeing your relative floating in the air and dissapearing could be considered a once in a life time incident)

5. The admition of the poster to say he didn't realize he was contradicting himself. Making it sound like a mistake because of the intense situation.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy

I believe you. I think there is a conspiricy going on here and someone changed your original post.

This seems quite possible to me too. But whatever. I thought this was the forum to post this. Now I don't know why I bothered....

I was joking. Nobody messed with the post. Couldn't you sense my sarcasim in the original post? Maybe they erased your memory.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So very convienient...

Do you think they erased my mind or I am working for them?

I read the entire thread when it happened (as you were posting) and I know it just as you posted it then. Unless now you're now going to say that they controlled your mind as you wrote the story and made you change the wording.

Oh that 2 hour edit window does suck, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Now I just have to dig thru all your previous post to see if you ever posted a picture before. If you did then we know for sure that they ate your brain.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just the fact that this obvious lie is still up really makes me question the validty of this site. MY post with real personal pictures from Iraq complete with 6 pages of responses gets dumped in the trash, while crap like this is allowed. ATS is going down hill. Anymore its nothing more than a dump for highschool boy fantasies.

This post and the previous one are obviously lies made up to garner attention. Thats all. LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!

[edit on 28-4-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Calm down. You made some mistakes in telling your story. Getting worked up is only going to destroy what is left of your credibilty. You did come to the right place but you have to put yourself in our position.

Remember no matter how seamless your story is it will always be challenged by somebody here. Not everyone will believe you.

I can tell you that if you are distracted it can be easy to make mistakes in your postings and I understand that. But you can only get so much credit for that. The people here want to verify and document true experiences and since they don't know you personally there is no reason for them to take what you say at face value. You have to deliver.

I want to believe and I will not write you off right away as a liar because of the discrepancies in your story but right now it is not the most credible of stories.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by imas]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This isnt a site to post lies and stories. Its a site for SERIOUS investigations. This is nothing more than a babbling, backpedaling excuse to gain points and it belongs in BTS.

For future reference, I suggest reading some of the many other junk posts that stay on here and use them as a reference. This post belongs in BTS or the trash !

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
This is nothing more than a babbling, backpedaling excuse to gain points and it belongs in BTS.

You do realize that every reply you make generates more points for him though, right?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Thank God for the 2 hr edit window, or else garbage like this might go unchecked

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Oh, that the members here would utilize the edit function to enhance the cogency of their posts, vice revisionist attempts to streamline a "story."

I agree with Spliff4020, idle hands are ATS's

Fiction Monkeys, not just for making it up anymore...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

email it to me [email protected] in case it's too big and I'll resize it.
Hope you took a few at different angles because next will be that you found the picture on the web where there was only one.

I don't have any pictures yet. I have to get to my cousin's and take some pics with my digital camera.....then I'll email them to you! Thanks in advance for the help.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I guess a big one for me is that if "we were all searching for him for an hour"

has now become

1) the others don't remember
2) I got this wrong due to "stress"

I personally tend to think it was an intentional statement designed specifically to add credibility to a made up story. Only problem is, that if you don't stick to the story correctly...these glaring facts come out.

Now, I have been stressed (I watched someone die a week ago in front of me)and I have witnessed odd things (giant shaggy two-legged biped). I still would not mistake "we searched for an hour" for "oops, I got confused".

Sorry. Just telling it like it is.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join