It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50% of Americans believe Bush lied to them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
www.editorandpublisher.com...

Gallup: 50% of Americans Now Say Bush Deliberately Misled Them on WMDs

By E&P Staff

Published: April 26, 2005 11:45 AM ET

NEW YORK Half of all Americans, exactly 50%, now say the Bush administration deliberately misled Americans about whether Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, the Gallup Organization reported this morning.

"This is the highest percentage that Gallup has found on this measure since the question was first asked in late May 2003," the pollsters observed. "At that time, 31% said the administration deliberately misled Americans. This sentiment has gradually increased over time, to 39% in July 2003, 43% in January/February 2004, and 47% in October 2004."

Also, according to the latest poll, more than half of Americans, 54%, disapprove of the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq, while 43% approve. In early February, Americans were more evenly divided on the way Bush was handling the situation in Iraq, with 50% approving and 48% disapproving.

Last week Gallup reported that 53% now believe that the U.S. invasion of Iraq was "not worth it." But Frank Newport, editor in chief at Gallup, recalled today that although a majority of the public began to think the Vietnam war was a mistake in the summer of 1968, the United States did not pull out of Vietnam for more than five years, after thousands of more American lives were lost.

So hey, at least it seems half the country is waking up, huh?

Pretty shocking to see that half of all Americans think that their Commander in Chief deceived them into a war that shouldn't have happened.

In related news:

news.bbc.co.uk...

U.S. closes book on WMD hunt

edition.cnn.com...

U.S. study: Iraq likely didn't ship WMD to Syria

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
"50% of Americans believe Bush lied to them"

WRONG!!!

90% of us believed he lied to us, its just that 40% are in denial.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Evidently more than 50% believed him 6 months ago. There are plenty of surveys out there which show a similar proportion of Americans believed, without reason, that Saddam Hussein was directly linked to September 11th. The power of suggestion...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
Evidently more than 50% believed him 6 months ago. There are plenty of surveys out there which show a similar proportion of Americans believed, without reason, that Saddam Hussein was directly linked to September 11th. The power of suggestion...

Well, the "sheeple" believed because they were lied to with more lies. And dont believe that 50% crap, i know this is a whole can of worms, but that election was more fixed than my cat.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
actually it was the CIA who deceives Bush which Bush deceives the people. thats how it works.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
deltaboy:

actually it was the CIA who deceives Bush which Bush deceives the people. thats how it works.

If your finance department lies to the CEO of your company and he does something illegal because of it, you blame the CEO AND the finance department.

Bush is Commander-in-Chief, he is responsible for everything that happens under his watch. If he gets info that he doesn't follow up on and it ends up being false, he is responsible.

The Office of the President of the United States is the most powerful position in the world, it demands MORE accountability than it has now.

He is a war criminal, and history will see him as such.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
deltaboy:

If your finance department lies to the CEO of your company and he does something illegal because of it, you blame the CEO AND the finance department.

Bush is Commander-in-Chief, he is responsible for everything that happens under his watch. If he gets info that he doesn't follow up on and it ends up being false, he is responsible.

The Office of the President of the United States is the most powerful position in the world, it demands MORE accountability than it has now.

He is a war criminal, and history will see him as such.

thats like saying former President Bill Clinton should be responsible for the Chinese embassy back in 99.

not to mention the bombing of the pharmacy plant in Sudan in 98 in response to embassy attacks in Kenya and Tanzania. no WMD in the pharmacy.
The CIA told President Clintion dis or dat and he use that information and does it. It be the CIA who should be responsible. President Clinton should be tried for warcrimes if he says i want to blow up dis pharmacy because my gut tells me to blow it up.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by deltaboy]

[edit on 28-4-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
deltaboy:

The CIA told President Clintion dis or dat and he use that information and does it. It be the CIA who should be responsible. President Clinton should be tried for warcrimes if he says i want to blow up dis pharmacy because my gut tells me to blow it up.

Clinton absolutely SHOULD be responsible.

If the President has aides who tell him that THIS is the way it is, and the President doesn't bother to check the info or question anything about what he is told, and that info ends up being false, then he is GUILTY.

If you have the power to launch a military assault BASED on the information you receive, and you don't bother to verify the info, you are guilty of ordering the assault based on faulty info.

Whether you're Dem or Republican.

And FYI:

If it was the CIA's fault, how would you explain that Bush awarded George Tenet (under whose watch as CIA chief ALL of this happened) a Presidential Medal of Freedom after all of this?!?!

So the CIA, who you say is at fault for supplying the President with faulty info, is AWARDED a medal by the same President it apparently duped into going to war???

Does this actually seem to make sense to you, because if it was me, and I was American, I would be insulted and aghast at the whole thing.

jako

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
thats like saying former President Bill Clinton should be responsible for the Chinese embassy back in 99.

not to mention the bombing of the pharmacy plant in Sudan in 98 in response to embassy attacks in Kenya and Tanzania. no WMD in the pharmacy.

You are Correct!

Both were acts of Terrorism, and both should be treated accordingly. Especially the attack in Sudan, which resulted in deaths of who-knows-how-many-people, which were receiving medicine from that pharmacy plant. So the attack didnt have alot of casualties in the start, but the effect of the loss of the most important pharmacy plant in Sudan resulted in many, many dead.

Well another Million Dead in Africa - but who gives a Fu** anyways?

So if you ask me if he is a War Criminal, I say Yes he IS and should be facing international court - or present us with the Facts that there were really chemical weapon fascilities and not a civilan pharmacy plant.

If you ask me, it was another Dirty CIA Work - they always get their hands dirty with other mans blood.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
"50% of Americans believe Bush lied to them"

WRONG!!!

90% of us believed he lied to us, its just that 40% are in denial.

Couldnt have said it better myself!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

In related news:

news.bbc.co.uk...

U.S. closes book on WMD hunt

edition.cnn.com...

U.S. study: Iraq likely didn't ship WMD to Syria

Can some please email these links to Anne Coutler?

She's still spewing that the WMD hunt has been successful.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You expect me to beleave a Gallup poll?

The same pollsters that claimed Bush and Kerry were "neck and neck" in the Presidential race? I would take Al Jazeeras poll as Gold before a Gallup poll.

Also, look at the first (2) words in the atricle

NEW YORK...if a poll is taken in NYC, of course its gonna reflect the liberal message Gallup wants to send out.

Nice try my French Canadian friend...better luck next time.

Maximu§

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Caveat is that Team Bush cherry picked the information that they wanted to use from our intelligence service.
Remember that these same folks stated "Who would ever think of planes being used as weapon?", after their FBI field people were warning them of such, and after being at the G8 Summit and having a security scare about that very same thing!!

Only fools believe this administration of old men experienced in every Republican administration of our lives would be unable to read a Intel report; it was purposeful disregard.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It was the CIA who gave him the documents that told him OBL was going to attack using planes. ALso, Bush cut millions from the FBI anti-terror budget after telling them he didn't want to hear anymore about terrorists.

Also, it wasn't just the CIA, the Pentagon, mainly his buddies there who wanted to attack Iraq. The people who at the beggining of the Adminstration before 9/11 said they wanted to invade Iraq for oil gave the "info" to Bush. The people who later said they weren't at fault for the prison scandals after documents show they ordered such things.

As for Clinton, he has what? 30-40 mistakes(dead civillians), Bush has over a hundred thousand mistakes(dead civillians) and yet people worship Bush...... Strange.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Bout Time--they, [the Bush administartion,] went farther than cherry picking information--they coerced George Tenant to give them the exact info they wanted. Then they coerced Colin Powell into lieing to the United Nations, a black mark on his career that he will always be sorry for.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Look, the "boss" is responsible for everything in the end. First of all, I dont believe Bush didnt know for a moment, secondly even if he is that stupid and gullable, he is just as responsible. Its part of the job people.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
*pointless comments removed*

[edit on 28-4-2005 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Bush and the prince Abdullah they likes the lie on the people
why????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by almasad
Bush and the prince Abdullah they likes the lie on the people
why????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Why? That's easy...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I thought it was funny seeing anti-gay Bush kissing and holding hands with another man, but when I think about it, two men that keep each other that rich may be inclined to hold hands, maybe a backrub too!

[edit on 28-4-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
LA Maximus:

NEW YORK...if a poll is taken in NYC, of course its gonna reflect the liberal message Gallup wants to send out.

Nice try my French Canadian friend...better luck next time.

LOL! Yeah, blame Liberal New York! Ahahaha! Good one!

Find ACTUAL empirical evidence that the Gallup polls are skued, or just admit that my thread entitled:

50% OF AMERICANS BELIEVE BUSH LIED TO THEM

is truthful and accurate.

My main point of all this it appears that thoughtful, intelligent Americans appear to be waking up and realizing they've been lied to.

I don't fit you in that category based on your posts, so it's not directed to you, but feel free to comment.

jako

ps. Everyone who lives in Quebec is not a French Canadian. Color me surprised that you don't know that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join