It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran Issues Fresh Nuclear Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Iran has promised to resume their uranium enrichment process if a deal cannot be made at Fridays talks between Iran, Britain, France and Germany. Kamal Kharrazi said Tehran had no alternative if an agreement cannot be made soon.

news.bbc.co.uk
The group - known as the EU Three - want Iran to abandon its uranium enrichment and reprocessing activities.

The Europeans have warned they would back US moves to take Tehran to the UN Security Council if Iran breaches agreements or resumes uranium enrichment during the talks.

Iran maintains its nuclear programme is entirely peaceful, but Washington suspects it of secretly trying to build a nuclear weapon.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I believe that the US government exagerate on alot of things, but not this.

Iran is sitting on one of the biggest oil field in the world so why do they need nuclear power?

Simply put i think Iran is lying, they want to build a nuclear weapon and if we dont stop them they will succeed in doing so!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Still there is no proof that the Iranians are seeking nuclear weapons. The IAEA has inspected their nuclear installations and have concluded they are for peacefull purposes.

Also who gave the United States the right to dictate who has nuclear weapons? Where is its mandate that states, "The United States has the right to impose its will on whom ever we choose". I signed no contract stating that the United States can impose its will on me and I suppose the Iranians did neither.

If the United States hadnt threatend Iran with invasion there would be no need for them to join the nuclear club.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think Iran may be looking out for its future.

Yes, it's sitting on a lot of oil. Why use it for power generation when it could be saved and sold as surplus when other oil fields are eventually tapped out? Also, I think they may believe that America and Britain intend to continue their oil-grab operations throughout the middle east. They may consider themselves a likely target.

I don't think they're worried about procuring ICBM technology if they are planning to develop a weapon, but something more short-range. Maybe something to deter military operations against them launched from Iraq, Afghanistan, or Israel. Also, there is the option now for nuclear artillery. The United States are currently developing small nuclear artillery rounds or "usable nukes". These could very well have applications for a small country in defense.

Non-proliferation, I think, is simply a day late. The technology is now common. The goal and plight of trying to prevent other countries from having nuclear technology is an impossible one, especially as time goes on. Nuclear weapons technology will, in time, be available to anyone with space, tools, and materiel.

At this point, I think Iran is simply stalling while it continues to develop its weapons.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Subz, the US is trying to bring Iran before the UN Security Council. UN, United Nations. The US has yet to say they will ignore the rest of the world and take care of Iran on their own. Personally, I feel the US has been rather diplomatic in this case. Iran would only have two uses for nuclear weaponry. Israel or US interests. Iran is a major sponsor of terror and cannot be trusted.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I totally agree that Iran is stalling for time, while they develop a nuclear weapon. And it is also very obvious to me that they are lying through their teeth, as quite right, that they have so much energy supplies, that there is no reason to develop any kind of nuclear power for so called peacefull and energy needs.

And on many occasions, the leaders of Iran have quite openly stated that their goal is the total destruction of Israel! Unfortunately i think a pre-emptive strike is inevitable and quite right. And dont forget they ARE a proven sponsor of terrorism. The EU talks with Iran will fail, but of course they have to try. The strike against Iran will most likely come from Israel, probably around september, october this year.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't believe that a pre-emptive strike by the US or Israel is necessary or even needed for that matter. President Putin of Russia is touring Israel and is working through relations between his country, Israel and very likely Iran.

And according to what I understand, Russia supports and would likely defend Iran in the case of foreign military aggression by Israel or the US. The Bush and Sharon led Israeli governments should best keep their diplomatic skills well honed during this period of time.

Of course, Iran must be observed and held responsible for any ill actions it would make on any other country, but that doesn't mean it should be bombarded as Iraq and Afghanistan have been, neither of those two countries directly threatened World Peace and so far, neither does Iran.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
An attack on Iran is almost inevitable.

Sure, Iran may want to develop nuclear power as a way of future-proofing - and some experts believe there may not be as much oil as originally thought in the Middle East....maybe Iran knows this and is doing the sensible thing.

However, it could also be that they want a nuclear weapon as a deterrent to stop the US invading at some point in the near future to grab the oil. They basically want to do what NK have done - get to the point where it would be impossible for the US to take action. I don't think the US is going to let that happen.

Then there's the Israel situation - they're not going to stand for Iran getting anywhere near a nuclear weapon.
I guess tomorrow (Friday) is a big day. If Iran doesn't reach an agreement with the EU I think the US/Israel will start planning for the inevitable.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Curio]

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Curio]

new topics

top topics

join