It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the American Idol vote rigged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I never thought I'd see the day where I'd be posting something like this. But after last night I really have to wonder. A person who appeared to have a huge fan base, Constantine, was sent home last night. Here is one of the crowd favorites and a person who has avoided (I believe competely) the bottom 3 getting the least votes and sent home while one of the weakest performers who was predicted by Cowell to be going home finished in the top 3. There were a chorus of boos from the audience as obviously the wrong person went home. You can make claims for most the contestants as to why they would get votes but Scott in the top 3? No offense but the guy is an OK singer with a personality problem. He doesn't have the look, personality or voice to make the top 3 but he gets there while one of the top guys goes home.

Seem odd?

How can a vote like this be rigged? Aside from the fact that we never get to see the results? It is quite easy actually. Each contestant has a phone number that you dial to register votes for. We'll pretend they are 800-555-1001, 1002, 1003, etc. You can control the outcome of the vote by governing how many trunks go to each number. If 555-1001 had 1000 trunk lines while 1002 had 500 lines it would mean 1001 could handle double the calls before getting the "all circuits are busy" deal. When you are talking 30 million votes in a night it is easy to see how cutting down only a few lines could swing the vote. A number of technical problems could have caused one person to get more "all circuits are busy" messages or it could have been a deliberate shorting of lines for the vote.

There is no other way to explain why someone like Scott gets in the top 3 while the crowd favorite Constantine goes home. I'd like to see the network correct the problem but after admitting to the voting error a few weeks back its unlikely they will do it again.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
That revelation will finally be the death of that show. The very fact judges openly admit campaigning for certain contestants (Abdul is supposedly dating one now)
is just a joke.

After that unmarketable Ruben dude won though over Clay, they'll never leave it to chance again.

Best thing you can do on that show is come in second. Then the money you make and contracts are yours. Fox won't let the marketable talent come in second anymore due to a rabid fan bases.

It may not be "rigged" but it's close. They edit accordingly to sway votes too.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have never seen Paula like that. At first I thought she had a think for Neko. But after the way she has gotten over Constantine and the way she cried last night the first thing I thought is that she had a thing for him. Of course my wife thought I was nuts. But that was already a given.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

They edit accordingly to sway votes too.

yep, this is incredibly obvious...

Ever hear it when the mike goes down lower for those in the bottom 3...???

Personally, I'm usually just online doing other things, listening to it while my wife watches, hehe....

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
I have never seen Paula like that.

anyone else think that she's "on something" this season ?

She slurs words, misspeaks, can usually only repeat word for word what Randy has already said...

It wouldn't surprise me if the she and Cons... were umm.. well you know..

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
One news channel is about to do a big expose on AI. Fox is suing to block it.

That'll end it. Paula though. She's whacked outta her ever loving noggin' meat.

Like Bobby Brown with a job. This won't last.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i don't watch much 'American Idol', I do watch the auditions(hilarious), but not the actual competition. But couldn't these "scandals" the one a few weeks ago and this most recent one, be intentional, ie. some kind of PR stunt to get attention and boost the ratings.

I swear I don't watch:shk:lol

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
After that unmarketable Ruben dude won though over Clay, they'll never leave it to chance again.

Ruben or Clay!! That's like being asked by a police officer if you'd rather be pepper sprayed or tasered. I have a hard time believing Clay is more marketable than Ruben. Who does Clay Aiken's fan base consist of? Are they gay? Are they straight but very effeminate? What's the deal? I doubt females of any age go for that guy (I use the term "guy" very loosely).

I think Paula Abdul is riding the amphetamine train because she knows her second fifteen minutes is just about up.

Peace

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Dr Love]

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Just as a note I believe rigging the results of the competition is a crime. After the fraud that was played out last night I'd like to seem them pull the show off the air. I feel 90% confident that the vote was manipulated. The two best people for the recording industry are Carrie and Bo. But at the rate things were going Constantine had a great chance of winning. But lets face it the guy really isn't a great singer. He just has everything else going for him and he drives the girls crazy.

Scott getting in the top 3 and Constantine getting the least votes is like John Kerry winning TX. In an honest vote it won't happen.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
anyone else think that she's "on something" this season ?

She slurs words, misspeaks, can usually only repeat word for word what Randy has already said...

It wouldn't surprise me if the she and Cons... were umm.. well you know..

Her behavior is a bit odd. You think she has stopped by Constantine's hotel room a few times after shows?
OH... what about Ryan's comment to Pamela about feeling guilting for standing over her shoulder. lol

join