It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan Sound Levitation Of Large Stones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have just came across this article on the net,and is having problems understanding the mathematical aspects of it.But on the whole i think it is an interesting read for those who have yet read it.

Below is the link
www.crystalinks.com...

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The power of sound.

Thanks for bringing this up, I've been looking for things to do with the power of music/sound for a while.. kinda half heartedly really but my people have always been a musical folk.

Being a westernised person I've watched them drumming on TV and thought it was nonsence.... nonsence as in nothing, just drums. But I was working for me 'ol man doing consierge in a block of flats when the residents came though wanting to have a birthday party, they were Nigerian. I was trying to sleep with my hat over my head and they kicked off on some drums singing in their languange and I was shocked to say the least.... it was trance like very powerful.

Everyone knows about hip hop beat boying, they swing thier legs around break dancing and stuff, it comes from a brazilian martial art called Capourira (sp?) done with the proper drums and not 50 Cent its the same thing so rhythmic it can induce a trance.... nothing to do with lifting rocks but sound is everything. Amazing.

Everything has a vibration, even us. Some dence some not if you can resonate a sound to an objects natural vibration it'll fall apart... singers that can hit high notes will resonate with glass making it shatter. DNA resonates Atoms resoate heck everything is sound, a vibration. There was a thread about the creation of the universe... a group of scientists got a platter with metal dust (I forget the proper name for the stuff) they put a vibration through the platter making the 'dust' vibrate until it formed a mini universe, dancing around one another in orbit joining up and stuff.... Way cool

Thanks for the link!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I often thought, that soundwaves , pulsed and directed at tornadoes and those type of clouds, could actually help to dissipate the funnel and or its' formation.

of course that would take one helluva powerful sonic blaster

just a thought.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Everyone knows about hip hop beat boying, they swing thier legs around break dancing and stuff, it comes from a brazilian martial art called Capourira (sp?) done with the proper drums and not 50 Cent its the same thing so rhythmic it can induce a trance.... nothing to do with lifting rocks but sound is everything. Amazing.

while i agree with you about breakbeats sending you into a trance - breakdancing does not entirely 'come' from capoera (sp?) although there are many similarities. capoera is a martial-art but nobody really fights with it except in the movies - its more of a dance, like you said that can put you in a trance. it is very social too. while 2 or more people 'dance/fight' multiple others are nearby producing the tempo and music to the trance. its really beautiful. breakdancing borrows a lot of the same gymanstics from capoera - but it has many moves exclusive to it. somewhere down the line the two cultures sorta fused, but they have their own roots. and its called 'B-boying' not 'Beat boying' -trivial i know; but im passionate about the stuff.

in the end, i think the two studies (bboying and capoera) are linked by one essential thing: fluidity - just feeling the vibe and going with it. and thats why music is so crucial.

-sorry for the interuption.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Interruption? Joker.

I know about B-Boying etc etc I'm carribean, not really into hip hop as much as I used to be though.

Capueira is wicked! I'm going back when I can get the money together. The beats used in breaking are more erratic diffrent beat its more for entertaining than martial arts/dancing.

Its a VERY dangerous martial art is Capoueira it was a dance cause the slaves used to have to hide the fact that they were training to fight when the BARST*RDS decided to slaughter people en mass and enslave them.

One kick and it'll kill a man, they still fight in brazil. There was a boy.man at the centre where I used to go (I had one lesson before my cheque bounced) he was PROPER spinning into the ring like something wild making people gasp when he came just that bit too close to his opponent or the music got too fast.

TV destroys images and sound... watching crappy screens expecting to get a real feel of somethnig is useless the tinny speakers the shoddy pixels demeans it iin everyway. If anyones intrested in capoeira (how ever its spelt) I'll post up the address of a place where you can go and watch for free. Its in London Finsbury park.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

sorry for the interuption.

Oh yeah, was drifting off, kinda... its all to do with sound and rhythm though.

Sonic blasters. I've heard about that... (ba da boom!
) Whooo! Pun intended there. (sorry)

Yeah, car alarms that mess up intuders with high pitched sounds... weapons that burst ear drums rather than blow up buildings. Kinda menacing but intresting none the less.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If the Tibetans could really levitate stones...somehow I'd think that China would have never ousted the Dalai Lama....
Just a thought....

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm with Gaz. If they could actually levitate stones, they would have used this to defeat the Chinese by simply levitating tanks out of the way or levitating stones OVER the tanks and letting them drop (or using levitation to block roads and deter incoming troops.)

In fact, they would have done this numerous times in the past.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Probably more complicated than that... its like asking a psychic to read the lotto numbers if you can't then you're not psychic type thing.

Prehaps it involves some group chanting, doing that while tanks shells are falling around you (including the sound they make messing with the sound they need to make) must be tough.

Prehaaaps its only the high exulted that know how to do it and they're normally pretty lame when it comes to fighting.

Prehaaaapss Jesus should have run across the river nile rather than be crusified? (no offence)

Skeptisism can be turned around, I belive in this one, levitation isn't impossible there are experiments using the power of BELIEF you can do to prove it.

Chair - five people - one sits on the chair - three each try and lift a corner with a finger - one person pushes down on the head of the person on the chair - person removes downward cranium pressure and the power of belief should... and I say that cause I've porbably got it wrong... should lift the chair with the person on it. It'll stop when they realize and doubt themselves. the person will then fall to the floor with a thud and be flabber gasted that three people could lift a chair with only their fingers.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by The Drifter]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Skeptisism can be turned around, I belive in this one, levitation isn't impossible there are experiments using the power of BELIEF you can do to prove it.

I agree with the principle. However, shy of moving around some paperclips, I haven't seen any demonstrable power of it of that magnitude... No need to convert me to mind over matter. I've seen firsthand evidence of that myself, you're preaching to the choir. The difference is in the magnitude of that manipulation. So far, I believe Debbie the Slider (google on it, and CNN) is probably the most potent "proven" case of mind over matter, though she doesn't have much control over the effects.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Oh no, I'm not preaching to anyone, I'm a novice by all accounts. I'm just saying really. Hopefully everyone on here knows about mind over matter i kinda wanted to give that experiment out.

If sound can break glass at a certain frequency then why can't it move rocks? The tower of Babel was said to have been built using some form of technology and built to achive something.

I would search for more on it but I'm at work... supposed to be closing deals or at least learning how. No luck yet and I wouldn't mind some comission

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Then I'd suggest looking up Coral Castle also...should at least prove interesting. There's a big difference in using sound to break something versus using it to MOVE something.... We use it to break up things all the time (in medicine), but I can't recall us ever using it in a way to allow us to move things....

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If the Tibetans could really levitate stones...somehow I'd think that China would have never ousted the Dalai Lama....
Just a thought....

Lol,this is pretty true,
but i have seen a documentary on Discovery Channel regarding some Tibetans monk who have the ablility to raise their body temperature to the point that they can sleep in the freezing mountain of Tibet with a thin piece of bedsheet wrapping their body.And the scientists filming them was like wearing very thick winter clothings.

So i guess the Tibetan monks do know some very advance yet ancient knowledge.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Regulating one's body temp, heartbeat, etc. is apples and oranges to lifting heavy stones...
Body temp, heartbeat, etc. are ALREADY controlled by portions of the brain, so one's really just trying to go from autopilot to manual control.... Quite a bit less daunting than trying to make hundreds of pounds defy gravity...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's possible that the knowledge of techniques like levitating stones was lost a long time ago, or reduced to a very few chosen guardians. That would make the possibility of using the techniques to stop the Chinese a little unlikely. Four monks with the ability to toss pebbles won't stop the military of China.

It would have been great had it happened though.

Cest la vie.

top topics

join