It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats in the middle of the lake, it can be seen from a satellite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Go to maps.google.com... and type in Saltville, Va. 24370. If you look at the top of the map you will see a black hole of water with an odd gleam like a light coming out of it. Now zoom in and guess what it will not let you zoom in all the way, zoom to about 7 I think is as far as you can zoom. Now its gone but pan to the left and up and you find it. There is somehting huge enough to be seen from a satellite in the middle of the lake, I've been there to that lake and I can't remember any structures in the center of the lake. Whatever it is has to be under the water. Weird! Its really weird to me that you can zoom all the way to look at groom lake a highly secret base in this area but you can't zoom in to look at this little town.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Tried typing in what you said and I don’t get anything but a drawing of a map of the town, not a satellite picture. I would guess that you are either seeing the spring that feeds the lake, an area of dense underwater foliage, or perhaps an artificial reef for the fish based on your description.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
you have to select 'satalite' in the top right hand corner.

as for the white spot on the lake; beats me??!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Theres is nothing in the lake like a structure that I know of, the lake is created from a dam. It is open to the public to fish and picnic. There are tons of fossils there. There are no structures in the lake its just open water. Whatever it is it has to be huge though, it is showing up as big as some of the buildings that showed up in the town plus it has this strange glow. One thing they don't allow is for anyone to be there after 9pm. There are these huge electrical towers around the headwaters of the dam and it continually crackles and you smell the odor of sulphur very strongly.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
well i suppose we're supposed to assume by that description its the entrance to some underwater UFO rendezvous? im guessing you live near it? how are the fish?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i say you take a row boat, some scuba gear and head on over to check it out, then report back pronto!

but yea, i don't know what that is.... could it be a submerged piece of rock, or island perhaps?

[edit on 28-4-2005 by deaf fences hit]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Perhaps it's just a reflection of the Sun on the water?? I've certainly witnessed such "glares" when I've flown at any rate...

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
well, just out of curiosity i checked out some other bodies of water, like lake huron in canada, and found similar blotches of light. my guess is that google's map satellite grabs poor resolution shots.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No my aunt lives near it but I have been there several times when visiting her, there is not much to do in this area, it is beautiful though. Its a sort of park, complete with park rangers but you have to drive for at least 45 minutes over a dirt road and the road keeps climbing upwards (their called switchbacks as you can continually look down at the road you just came up) as the lake is on top of the mountain. I don't know why you can't stay past 9 pm they have signs posted that you must be gone by then. As for the fish there is supposed to be rainbow and brown trout and all diffferent types of bass in the lake, I've never fished there. There are rattle snakes and copperheads and bear in this area, I have never wanted to stay past dark myself but now looking at this weird thing in the middle of the lake it makes one wonder why they have a curfew.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaf fences hit
i say you take a row boat, some scuba gear and head on over to check it out, then report back pronto!

but yea, i don't know what that is.... could it be a submerged piece of rock, or island perhaps?

[edit on 28-4-2005 by deaf fences hit]

I can't swim, plus the water is freezing no matter how warm it is. Not me not gonna do it.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Ok, I scrolled around and checked on the other bodies of water around the area, and quite a few have a light spot on them, so my guess would be that it is the sun reflecting off the water.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Almost all state and county parks have curfews for after dark, there is nothing weird nor sinister about it. This is for safety reasons and to reduce problems with crime. I dont know why you would think that is so strange.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Almost all state and county parks have curfews for after dark, ...

That's certainly the case in the UK - at least for parks that can be "shut" ie those which are fenced around in towns, etc (It would be difficult to police our National Parks, like the Peak District

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I guess I think it is so strange because it is a huge wooded area (though I called it a park it is mostly a wooded area surrounding a lake and it would seem reasonable that people would want to set up a campsite and fish. There is nothing else to do in this park, I don't recall ever seeing a swing or slide and swimming is also offlimits, the signs say to stay out of the water, but you can take a boat out. Maybe its not really that strange that there is a curfew its just that there is not much of anything to damage and if ones intentions were to do damage they could it before 9pm just as easily as they could after 9pm.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   
There is a legend of sorts about the Mystery of Saltville, Va. Thestory goes that some indians buried their leaders in the center of the lake but you know as well as I do, that this is just conjuncture. The town is nice and quaint and is a nice place to raise a family. Just like any small town, most people will know your business before you do. Come on down and we'll through something on the grill!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I've never heard that legend, you are definitely pulling my leg. lol
If you are familiar with Saltville, Va. you will know the legend of the buried treasure there or maybe not. My aunt grew up there (my dad's family is from there) and she did not know it. If you do live near there and you are interested I will tell you the legend.
Funny thing about that being the sun the round thing could be the sun but what is the perfect square in the center of it?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Looks to me like it's simply an area of shallow water......

top topics

join