It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush To Start Making Nuklear Power Plants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Nuclear power: dangerous yes, Chemical plants: dangerous yes, Pipelines; dangerous yes, gas station; dangerous yes, your car; dangerous yes......If you want to look at what is dangerous everything is but if you want to live like you do today, you got to take chances. So why not nuclear, yeah there is the debate what to do with the waste, and then theres coal all that pollution and oil well we all know the answer to that. But why cant we just dedicate a place to put all this nuclear waste like the gov has been trying to do, but getting protested by everyone with a green thumb. And yes nuclear plants can have a melt down, so what about the plants we have today. not safe? i dont think so. And how about the grid problem, dont you think adding some nice clean nuclear power plants to it would benefit us. Maybe close down some of those old dirty plants would be nice. I think pres Bush has a great idea for once and maybe it can happen if we all can just think of the problems we have now with our own energy crisis. Oil is not going to get cheaper if anything it is going to go up and up and up. maybe we will be paying 4 bucks a gallon, or maybe even more. Or how about 2,3,4,5 hundred a barrel, I know sound a little ridiculous but there is always that possibility. If this keeps happening it will effct everyone in the modern world, imagine having to pay 200 dollars to fill that big suv of yours for you can just go 200 miles, wow a dollar a mile whew not me. So maybe if we take the need for oil away and create some non fossil fuel plants maybe the price will steady and maybe even drop. I know it is a big dream but the more we try the closer we will get to success.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211
Nuclear power: dangerous yes, Chemical plants: dangerous yes, Pipelines; dangerous yes, gas station; dangerous yes, your car; dangerous yes......If you want to look at what is dangerous everything is but if you want to live like you do today, you got to take chances. So why not nuclear, yeah there is the debate what to do with the waste, and then theres coal all that pollution and oil well we all know the answer to that. But why cant we just dedicate a place to put all this nuclear waste like the gov has been trying to do, but getting protested by everyone with a green thumb. And yes nuclear plants can have a melt down, so what about the plants we have today. not safe? i dont think so. And how about the grid problem, dont you think adding some nice clean nuclear power plants to it would benefit us. Maybe close down some of those old dirty plants would be nice. I think pres Bush has a great idea for once and maybe it can happen if we all can just think of the problems we have now with our own energy crisis. Oil is not going to get cheaper if anything it is going to go up and up and up. maybe we will be paying 4 bucks a gallon, or maybe even more. Or how about 2,3,4,5 hundred a barrel, I know sound a little ridiculous but there is always that possibility. If this keeps happening it will effct everyone in the modern world, imagine having to pay 200 dollars to fill that big suv of yours for you can just go 200 miles, wow a dollar a mile whew not me. So maybe if we take the need for oil away and create some non fossil fuel plants maybe the price will steady and maybe even drop. I know it is a big dream but the more we try the closer we will get to success.

Good post. I really get annoyed with people that want to have all the luxuries of today and yet they hate windmills because they ''ruin the views'' and just mention the word nuclear and they are out with their save the world banners. As u say, risks are part of life and nuke power is much safer now than it was 20 years ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I bet those terrorists are jumping up and down from this news. All the brand new ideas of how to destroy america they must be having!

Yeah, because it is not as if they knew where Los Alamos or any other nuclear facility was prior to this. People need to stop being so hesitant about a fear that only exist on a plain of borderline illusion and paranoia. If the terrorist wanted to hit our nuclear facilities they'd have done it and not the WTC and Pentagon.

It is though, a very clever plan as I imagine there are hordes of money to be saved by this. If things go smooth we can errect enough plants to sell off energy to Latin and South America where environmental laws are almost nil. As I am sure they would love the clear alternative.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yuccaaaaaaa Mooooouuuuntaaiiiiiin.

The US can't even store the nuclear waste that is has. Now there's going to be a lot more plants?

They've really gotta settle this Yucca Mountain issue before they start building anymore plants.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
thell just put the waste into the ocean, what harm could that do?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join