It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVGRU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well I would really like some input on this elite group, while i was at my "A" school in Dam Neck,Va there where a group of guy the DEVGRU that had a base on and I caught glimps of them doing different things and almost everyday you could hear guns of all calibars. I am just asking for somemore info on them and other things anyone else might know about them. I was talking to a DEVGRU guy at a school for VBSS I was going to and he sparked great interest in me.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Formerly know as Seal Team 6, they got to play the part of the bad guys. In one case the "exercise" whent a little too far and the team commander, ended up in prison. That is accourding to the books any way.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well I did some more reseach on this site and found out more on DEVGRU i am sorry I did look more before posting this.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Heres a good link to what little information is known about Dev Group, this site also has a wealth of information about the rest of the Special Operations Community

www.specialoperations.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The team's commander at the time was Richard Marchinko. I have several of his books. He was commanded to start a top secret commando team to tes the navy's weapons installations. The unit was called RED CELL.I am quite familiar with his work. If theres anything else, just ask.

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Richard Marcinko was the creator and commander of SEAL TEAM 6. And yes, he did spend a year in a federal penitentiary. He was always in hot water with Pikeny Prescott the 3rd, a.k.a pinky da turd as Richard called him. Pinky was a slimy little weasel, always trying to put Richard in jail for something.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
DEVelopment GRoUp gets all the money. They are up there with Delta and the like. They came up with DEVGRU when they wanted to try and tone down the ST6 hype. ST6 was started because the Navy wanted a SEAL element with SOCOM. Dick reworded it to say Team. This is all pretty common knowledge in the teams. Dick took the boys to a whole new level. When he got tapped for RED CELL he used former ST6 guys as the plank owners. Good group but they went too far in some eyes. Dick has made a TON of cash because of the Rogue Warrior series, to include a new video game. I've been in his home, and ate his food. I was forunate enough to stay at his home one weekend. I have other friends that are very good friends of his. Regardless of what he did in the past and what people say or have said about him, he's one hell of a man.

new topics

top topics

join