It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I interest you in a little truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hello. This is my first post. I hope you learn something. I promise to all that read this, I will never provide false information. I am no smarter than anyone, whether they know it yet, or not. I highly suggest you learn the basics concerning quantum physics, and theoretical quantum physics. Start by renting the movie: "What the Bleep Do We Know?" For now, nothing is more important in your life than to watch this movie.

"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
-- Carl Gustav Jung --

The observer within you is not a tangible thing. No autopsy has been performed where they took out a peice of the person and said "Ahh hah! Here is the observer!" It simply has not happened. No peice of your brain is the observer, and yet you have these memories of experience of being something called an observer. So I pose to you this question: How can you continue to view this world as real, when the self that is determining it to be real is intangible?

"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion."
-- Democritus of Abdera --

It is my personal point of view that the message has always been more important than the messenger. If you are capable of accepting this precept like you have so many false ones, then the message has always been the same. No matter where it originated from, the message has been consistant, whether it was Zoraster, or Yohoshua ben Yoseph, or...

"To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right."
-- Confucius --

I made you a promise. I promised to not mislead or lie to you. And, I won't. God is not a seperate entity from you. Don't let this statement close a door for you, please. Don't raise defensive barriers to knowledge that you feel is wrong. If there is a God, God must by the very definition be omnipotent. How can God percieve the consciousness of your individual cells, if God is seperate from you? If God is omnipotent, God is within you.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
-- Galileo Galilei --

If you have questions or problems remember this .....

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
-- Albert Einstein --

The simple truth is that the truth abounds and surrounds you, it is within every pore of your body. It beckons from every direction and has been screaming at you all your life. (I use the term "life" loosely). But, just like the background sounds you have become so acustomed to it's existance you are no longer aware of it. Just like an odor that is always there, you can no longer smell it. When your senses become overwhelmed with 1 sort of input, you are no longer aware of it's existance.

"You cannot see anything that you do not first contemplate as reality."
-- Ramtha --

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
-- Albert Einstein --

I thank you for your time. [email protected]
Please, the smarter the world is, the smarter the world is .....
Please feel obliged to watch "What the Bleep Do We Know"

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Good post.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The observer is the information in our brains. Information is intangible.

The matter that makes us up is constantly changing via intake and out put (food, etc). But the structure that makes us up is cumulative and ever building. Thus the information that makes up our "souls" the the information, the order, in which our current matter is.

Good post.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
IMHO, truth is in the age of an individual's soul.
One cannot teach doctoral themes in kindergarten..
Nice posting, lots of thought.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
ive heard of "what the bleep do we know" actually someone just told me about it today. can i rent it, or do i have to buy it somewhere??

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing then to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Good post.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Not to rain on your parade here but in my opinion "truth" is all relative

I simply feel that truth is... a delicate word that should not be thrown around lightly and all too often is. Truth... especially on this site is elusive and never universal... becareful about making promises

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Tusayen]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You have neither rained on my parade or offended me. Your opinion of life is bullsh*t is just not enough for me. I do not throw the word truth or promise around lightly. If you decide bullsh*t is the answer to everthing, enjoy and savour the flavor of the reality you choose. For me it is not enough to satisfy the eternal questions asked by everyone. Their has to be more than bullsh*t.

"I have yet to meet a single person from our culture, no matter what his or her educational background, IQ, and specific training, who had powerful transpersonal experiences and continues to subscribe to the materialistic monism of Western science."
-- Albert Einstein --

"For those who find all the answers they desire in layers of Bullsh*t, they need look no further, nor will they."
-- John Paul Goede --

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The observer is the internal awareness state.

It is, i think, what we call consciousness.

Perhaps it is more common than we think, but we are not aware of it.

For us it is a poised mind state with apparent options at its disposal. Most of the time though we are simply kinetic aggressive actors with only brief periods of a rational thought process. Much of the time there is some feedback, of encountering or not some 'cause for pause' event or state which probably counts for something. At least with that it isn't blind aggression. One step better than a flying rock.

While attempting not to put our species on an artificial pedestal, I think we have the highest observable state of consciousness on the planet. So it would appear, with the species payback it has had for us to be a sustainable [worthwhile] ecological niche to fill. It makes one wonder if further extensions into the realm(s) of high(er) consciousness/intellect would be even more rewarding.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I believe within everyone lies a link to "Superposition". It can't be explained, only experienced. There is no seperation of consciousness. It binds us all. You have to accept that it can be possible before you are capable of experiencing it. Funny thing about the way our brains work. We learn through association. If there is nothing within our scope of knowlegde that we can associate something totally different from anything we know to be real or exist .... that knowledge will not surface to our conscioussness. We simply won't be able to percieve it. The human mind takes in 400,000,000,000 bits of information a second. However we are only aware of 2,000 bits of information. We only incorporate what information is most self-serving. We are usually only aware of 1) Our environment, 2)Our bodies, 3)Time. Peel an orange and lay it in front of you. After about 20 minutes you will no longer smell it, because the brain turns off constant information you don't really need. Sort of like being able to drown out the background noise of the world, or crowded places when you are concentrating on talking to one person. Our brains are creating reality all the time, we are just not aware of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
About the sense of smell.
I was under the impression that when you smelled the same aroma continuously. The chemical receptors in your nose, just became clogged with that particular combo of chemicals..
Once flushed away by "clean" air.. You could then smell it again.

About the topic in general.
I always called the Observer, the little guy in your head.
Pretty much always there..Unless, you do something stupid,
like take an excessive amount of mind altering drugs.
Disconnecting you, from the observer.

Is this philosophy? Or space exploration?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Good post.

Agreed, but it's got as much to do with space exploration, as Michael Jackson does with an adult relationship...

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This was my first thread here on ATS, and i thought i would re-visit it to see how ATS has altered my perceptions. I still believe adamantly about the precepts i had when i authored this thread, and thought perhaps some who have read my posts would see how i have changed for both better, and sometimes worse, since my indoctrination to one of our mutually enjoyed sights.

It is interesting to revisit our thoughts from a specific time, or since our beginning here on ATS.

Wouldn't you agree?

Thanks to the members, and all contributors to the threads here. Your thoughts, ideas, and posts have opened many doors for me. And, i thank you.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You have quoted numerous philosophers. I think it is interesting to get the Bibles view on imperfect human reasoning.
Col. 2:8: “Look out: perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ.”

What a sad mistake it would be to choose such deceptive human philosophy in preference to acquiring true wisdom as a disciple of Jesus Christ, the second-greatest person in the universe, next to God himself!

How does God view the “wisdom” offered by human philosophy?

1 Cor. 1:19-25: “It is written: ‘I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual men I will shove aside.’ Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, God saw good through the foolishness [as it appears to the world] of what is preached to save those believing. . . . Because a foolish thing of God [as the world views it] is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God [as the world may see it] is stronger than men.”
[brackets mine]

Such a viewpoint on God’s part is certainly not arbitrary or unreasonable. He has provided in the Bible, the most widely circulated book in the world, a clear statement of his purpose. How foolish for any creature to think that he has wisdom greater than that of God!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes

Why would one want to wake as to become sober from drunkness
Me

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I think we have the highest observable state of consciousness on the planet

Ahh don't be so quick to think that. There has been levels of conscioiusness observed that far exceeds our own.

As prev stated... God is everything. God gets all the persepectives because God plays all the roles. This includes ETs whos level of consciousness greatly exceeds our own.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If you cant believe what around you how do you think you ever believe God world. God is out there. He'll even prove it to u. If you open your eyes. proof of God is all around you, but your blind and cant see. How many things in science you see but can prove. How many phophests that predict the future have to come to pass for you mind to open.

new topics

top topics

join