It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear/Underground Bunker Sighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I was driving down to Virginia Beach for a nice spring break the past week and somewhere in the middle of Virginia, along Interstate 61, I saw a guard post with gates at what looked like the pull off to a rest stop. The road past this guard tower ran parallel to the highway for about 50 yards. Then halfway between the entrance to this pull off and the exit (so the middle of this pull off), I saw what resembled the entrance to an underground bunker, it looked like this (underground Army shelter in Iraq):

I began to put certain factors together:

1. This place was in the middle of nowhere, I mean there were no houses to be seen for miles

2. The guard posts where there to obviously watch over something and protect the area from the wrong people.

3. The concrete highway along with exterior walls of concrete would provide some shelter from a nuclear or conventional attack.

4. Washington was about an hour and half away (this location was close to the geographic center of Virginia), as was Richmond and Norfolk Naval Base, meaning that VIPs could be rushed to the location with some warning.

So some input would be appreciated, was this just some utility entrance or was this a bunker to protect either the public or VIPs from an attack on U.S. soil?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Do you think you can find it on a map or maybe an areal view through google amps or terra server?

Looks very cool!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think it's a truck weigh station under construction. The "guard booth" is (or will become) the entrance to a tunnel that goes under the highway. Typically, there is a wiegh station on both sides of the highway and a tunnel under the highway connects the two.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If you don't I hope there is not a major terrorist emergency. You will be on the outside looking in. Better find a person on the inside to help you make the grade.

new topics

top topics

join