It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The good old days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is from Housekeeping Monthly back in 1955. Must have been kind of nice hah. Now most guys just get yelled at when they come home.

Link
Another link just in case you can't read the text

What do the ladies of the forum think of this?

P.S. this is supposed to be a bit humorous. Don't get to serious.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
LOL i Loved it so much i just emailed it to my Girlfriend! Luckily she has got a great sense of humor! I can't believe how much our world has changed in 50-60 years! I'm glad it has changed , I like having an equal in a relationship and not a servant. Good find dude

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is unbelievable! I just wanted to point out a couple of things:

Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking.
So, apparently, the "good" wife who stays at home is supposed to be wearing make-up while cleaning up the house and taking care of the kids.

Let him talk first -- remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
Do I really need to say anything?

A good wife always knows her place
And if she thinks this is it, then she's not a life partner, she's a slave.

No wonder the sex revolution of the 60s took place. The pendulim was waaaay too far to one side, so it had to go careening back to the other side. It's wild that the mentality in the 50s was that a woman's place is to serve the man, then, in the 60s all that was changed.

At the time, women were encouraged to be more like men. Now, 50 years after this article had been written, men are supposed to find their feminine side (don't you dare ask a woman to find her masculine side, though!) and, in many cases, they're supposed to stay home with the kids while the woman goes to work. I love irony, and I'm glad we're not living in the 50s! If that was considered the norm and acceptable behavior, I'd want my wife to be wierd and unaccpetable to society! What a boring relationship!

join