It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite coverup. Atlantis found long time ago

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One of the most absurd theories of modern geology is the mechanism that causes Continental Drift. Convection simply doesn't work the way it is proposed. Hot spots like Iceland and Hawaiian Islands are examples of how convection always works. If thats not enough examine the geology of other planets. There are abundant examples of convection but not of Drift. Wobbling of the poles, leading to melting of the Asthenosphere could have allowed for rapid(in Geologic time) drifting of the continents that is required by some features of Drift. Consider the paucity of deep sea sediments for example.

That continental drift has slowed down significantly is apparent, if you look at the locations of Guyots (Seamounts) under the the Pacific. You can readily see that they get closer together over time. The series comes to an almost complete halt at the Big Island in Hawaii.

There are a long list of anomalies in Geology that aren't readily explained by current theories, so how can one completely rule out the crackpot theory that started this thread? Or for that matter, the crackpot ideas I have proposed? _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have a more interesting conspiracy theory.

The idea is that the discovery of Atlantis would prove the bible untrue, and so it's history, and all historical records about pre biblical creation eras have been burned and hidden in order to preserve a view that the universe was created 6000 years ago.

Perhaps the library of Alexandra was discovered, and it's contents described historical records dating back thousands of years before the earth was supposedly created.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think a new train of thought is what is needed here. Atlantis, may be somewhere else, but you need "Vision" to see the possibility.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

you couldnt be more wrong,
most hot spot formation has little to due with "convection", but are the "exit wounds" of long ago very large oceanic impacts of celestial objects.
22 pairs of impact craters and hot spots have been identified to date.

Plate techtonics isnt driven so much by convection as it is by gravity.
Convection is also a two way process hotter less dense materials rise while cooler more dense materials sink.

The cooler denser oceanic crust sinks into the mantle at subduction zones and pulls the plate along with it. On the opposite boundry new hotter and lighter crust is pulled up out of the mantle, with the aid of convective currents in the mantle.

You are somewhat correct in the thinking that plate tectonics is slowing, but not at a rate perceivable to us.
The earth is cooling but it will take billions of years for the interior of the earth to shed all of its heat, so long that the earth will cease to exist before that happens, it will be consumed by th ever enlarging sun as it dies.
beside what does this have to do with atlantis?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

solon was not an egyptian priest, but a greek, but egyptian priests related the story of atlantis to solon, whom in turn related the story to plato.

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE

atlantis's location has been known for many years.

The civilization that was the prototype for atlantis was the minoans at thera.

The main harbor at thera was in the cauldera of a previous eruption, it was circular in shape and had concentric rings of islands, this has been verified by a mosaic found at akrotiri.
They had hot and cold running water as did the atlanteans of plato.
They worshiped the bull at festivals as did the atlanteans.
They controlled much of the med basin through their extensive trade network, it could be construed as an large kingdom.
a newer translation of the dialogues, changes the verbiage of a few lines, and they have a different outcome.
The most prominent is the change of the line," those who dwelt OUTSIDE the pillars of herculese" to "those that dwelt IN THE DIRECTION OF the pillars of hercules"

We have to remeber that platos story is allegorical tale based on a long forgotten people, not a direct history.
By the time plato wrote the dialogues the minoans had been gone for more than a thousand years, it might as well have been 9000.
Even the greeks had forgotten thier achean ancestors in the intervening times, and only remebered them through the wriitings of homer.
Even the egyptians would have regarded their long lost trading partners as mythical over the coarse of a thousand years.

A little off subject, but i find it interesting that the homeric period of the trojan wars overlaps the invasions of the sea peoples into egypt.
And that homer even writes of the greeks invading egypt during the same period that the egyptians write of invasions of "northerners" into the delta.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiseman3000

The idea is that the discovery of Atlantis would prove the bible untrue

the atlantis region would actually prove that the "bibles" are true. that is an even bigger problem if you have your toe stuck in the big door of history.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parta

the atlantis region would actually prove that the "bibles" are true. that is an even bigger problem if you have your toe stuck in the big door of history.
The reason I showed the expanding earth theories is to show, all the continents are accounted for. As much as I do believe the concept of Atlantis is real, I do not believe this lost continent is on the exterior of our planet.

For those who are not familiar with this ,here is another researcher who has written books on the subject, Mr James Maxlow.

Both Neal Adams and James Maxlow do a excellent job explaining the physics of our planet, except they do not address one subject in particular. If the planet has doubled in size where, and what is the material that did this.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

All accounts of Atlantis, which are all we have to go by, tell us that Atlantis existed far before 6000 YA. Either Atlantis didn't exist, or the earth wasn't created 6000 years ago.

It is a no brainer that the Roman's would have destroyed any evidence of the earth being older than 6000. When the Romans brunt down the library of Alexandria, why do you think they did it?

I suppose you could still hold that bible is true in a non literal sense, but in the old days, the concept would have been blasphamy punishable by sadistic torture and execution.

We must face the obvious fact, any evidence of pre 6000 year old civilizations have either been destroyed by the church, or are locked away somewhere.

If we discover ruins, or a sunken land mass, it won't prove anything, not even that the finding has anything to do with Platos Atlantis.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wiseman3000

are you talking about the 4004bc of ussher or the 5500bc +? of god in the book of the conflict of adam eve and satan?
piney

there are two main traditions of the old world noah character. one version has a boat and the other has a hole in the ground where people and animals survived a catastrophe. some folks had tales of both.

if you found the hole near atlantis [at gadiera], it would jive with the story of the persians, sumerians, thraco/dacos and egyptians at least.

dedicated boat people might be distressed.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by wiseman3000

are you talking about the 4004bc of ussher or the 5500bc +? of god in the book of the conflict of adam eve and satan?
piney

there are two main traditions of the old world noah character. one version has a boat and the other has a hole in the ground where people and animals survived a catastrophe. some folks had tales of both.

if you found the hole near atlantis [at gadiera], it would jive with the story of the persians, sumerians, thraco/dacos and egyptians at least.

dedicated boat people might be distressed.

Boat people lol lol, but Im sure you have a point. Boat or hole in the ground, why does it have to be one or the other? Nubarue turns out to mean passage way, or straights, or portal. Hmmm, could it be the hole you refer to? Maybe even a boat passing threw nibarue.......

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jake1997

Atlantis as stated was found and is known about and is of course classified as forbidden archeology, I have quite a bit of evidence including eye-witneess testimony from archeologists among other ancient texts and descriptions from ancient civilizations. I have a video that I will release revolving around this very subject before Oct 11th of the year. For the meantime here is something to read that you might find interesting.

"Solon was a Greek historian, philosopher who lived in Athens, 639-559 BC. He was credited with being the wisest of the “Seven Sages” of ancient Greece. Solon writings talk about his interactions with ancient Egyptian priests. Ancient Egypt was considered at the time a very advanced civilization for it’s day, many Greek scholars traveled to Egypt and studied in their temples.

The Ancient Egyptians priests stated the following to Solon:
“O Solon, Solon, you Hellenes are but children. There is no old doctrine handed down among you by ancient traditions or any science, which is hoary with age, and I will tell you the reason behind this. There have been and will be again, many destructions of mankind out of many causes, the greatest having been brought about by “Earth Fire” and “Innundation” Whereas you and other nations did not keep imperishable records of Atlantis we did. And then, after a long period of time, the usual inundation visits like a pestilence and leaves only those of you who are destitute of letters and education. And thus you have to begin over again as children and know nothing of what happened in ancient times either among us or among yourselves.”

Solon then shared with them some of their history including the account of the great flood to which the Egyptians replied:

“As for those genealogies of yours which you have related to us, they are no better than tales of children, for in the first place, you remember one deluge only, whereas there were a number of them. And in the next place there dwelt in your land, which you do not know, the fairest and noblest race of men that ever lived of which you are but a seed or remnant. And you did not know this because for many generations the survivors of that destruction made no records.”

The Egyptians spoke about the destroyed civilization of Atlantis stating at one time there were a series of magnificent islands that sat in the Atlantic ocean, out beyond the pillars of Hercules. (The Straights of Gibraltar.) The Atlantean’s had become a rich and powerful civilization, but their success made them arrogant and war-like. The Atlantean’s started to systematically invade the other cultures of the Mediterranean and at one time had extended their advances to the very borders of Egypt itself. But then the “Usual Innundation” struck the Earth, involving great earthquakes and floods. With little warning, Atlantis was engulfed by the ravages of the ocean, slipping beneath the waves never to be seen or heard from again.

The Egyptian priests, surprised by Solon’s ignorance of the destruction of Atlantis went on to say:

“The catastrophe must have escaped the notice of future generations because as a result of the devastation, for many generations, the survivors died with no power to express themselves in writing. The islands “Disappeared” All Disappeared, due to earthquakes and floods in a grievous day and night.”

The account of Solon and Atlantis are not the only ancient records that the Egyptians left us. In 1828, the Museum of Leiden in the Netherlands, obtained a copy of an ancient text known as the Impuwer Papyrus. This text describes a massive cataclysmic event that struck Egypt and the world thousands of years ago and sent this remarkably organized civilization into total disarray.

Here are some statements found in the Ipuwer Papyrus:

“Plague is throughout the land, blood is everywhere. The land turns round as does a potter’s wheel. Earth turned upside down, land upside down. Human beings thirst after water, what shall we do? All is ruin”

”Cattle are left to stray, and there is none to gather them together. Trees are destroyed. No fruits, no herbs are found. Grain has perished on every side that has perished which yesterday was seen. The land is left to it’s weariness like the cutting of flax.”

”Gates, columns, and wall are consumed by fire. The sky is in confusion and the fire ran along upon the ground. Lower Egypt weeps, the towns are destroyed. Upper Egypt has become waste, all is ruin. The residence is over turned in a minute.”

Best Wishes!
ET_MAN

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

nibarue? i wouldn't connect that to a hole either. this is a hole

don't think anyone would care that they found the ark of noah but its a cowpen dug in the ground as per the pre-heebroid traditions? maybe we'll find out.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

I have a video that I will release revolving around this very subject before Oct 11th of the year.
Please U2U me when your video is available, cant wait to see it.

I also feel the subject of Atlantis being discovered is one of, if not, the most classified subjects on the planet. But in the same breath I would have to say I believe it is the God given right for everyone to know the truth concerning it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join