It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Smith's early review for Star Wars EPIII: Revenge of the Sith *Spoiler Warning*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Clerks, Chasing Amy director Kevin Smith has posted an early review for the new Star Wars flick which he loves. However, keep in mind he also rated Episode 1 as the best SW flick since Empire which doesn't make him very reliable, but he is a geek so...

I must admit here one of the spoilers contained gave me chills, although I would've preferred it to be a surprise it's made me more hopeful for the direction of the movie.

WARNING! Spoilers

Review - You've been warned

You've been warned...

- "Revenge of the Sith" is, quite simply, #ing awesome. This is the "Star Wars" prequel the haters have been bitching for since "Menace" came out, and if they don't cop to that when they finally see it, they're lying. As dark as "Empire" was, this movie goes a thousand times darker - from the triggering of Order 66 (which has all the Shock Troopers turning on the Jedi Knights they've been fighting beside throughout the Clone Wars and gunning them down), to the jaw-dropping Anakin/Obi Wan fight on Mustafar (where - after cutting his legs and arm off, Ben leaves Skywalker burning alive on the shores of a lava river, with Anakin spitting venomous sentiments at his departing mentor), this flick is so satisfyingly tragic, you'll think you're watching "Othello" or "Hamlet".

I saw a gorgeous digitally projected version of the flick, and lemme tell ya': this is a beautiful looking film. The opening space battle sequence is the best in any of the six "Star Wars" movies. Grievous and Kenobi's lightsaber duel is bad-ass, with Grievous rocking four sabers. The Clone Wars end rather early in the flick (about the halfway point), leaving the rest of the film to concentrate on Anakin's turn to the Dark Side, and the resulting slaughter of the Jedi.

Click link for the rest.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by John Nada]

new topics

join