It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By way of an introduction,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hello everyone! I do hope that you are having a lovely day as you read this.

I have come to discover ATS through my husband, who shall remain unnamed here as we have vastly different interests and posting styles. I wouldn't want people to associate us with each other too much, to blame one for something that the other has said. We are very distinct individuals.

Anyway, knowing how much I love to read and to post to forums and message boards, particularly those with a political slant where current events are generally discussed and argued over, he told me that I just HAD to check this one out. He was right, I love it! In fact, I've already got more posts than him

My personal posting interests include (but are not limited to): U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. and world History, issues pertaining to the U.S. Armed Forces (the people, the plans, the equipment), comic book and graphic novel artwork, paranormal abilities and the use thereof, jokes, making friends, works of fiction (Yes, I've seen the Collaborative Fiction forum, and assure you that I will be signing up for Writer status after becoming more aquainted with what is already there, and perhaps contributing a bit!), and last but not least, doing what I can to verbally lay the smack down on and to expose those who would harm children.

I want to make a few small personal commitments here. First, that all of my posts contain more of my own words than of quoted material. Secondly, to always try to make sure that my posts are at least as long as my avatar. Third, to try to contribute to the content of this community in a meaningful and interesting way. Anything else is fair game, eh?

I've already gotten myself adopted...LoL...that was fun! This makes my twentieth post, so my U2U feature should be fully functional now.

Looking forward to reading and posting with all of y'all!

-Roads

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS Roadscholar. We are certainly glad to have you aboard.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome =)

I really enjoy the avatars that you've got up on the BTS Member Artwork forum. Kudos to you and the others who have and do create avatars for other users

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Welcome roadscholar

With your two commitments, you will be a welcome addition to ATS.

And, of course, now that you mentioned your husband being here too, I am just soooo curious

(YOu don't have to explain to your spouse just how could could spend sooooo much time at the computer, either
)

Here
is a hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have about stuff on ATS

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me, or any other staff member.

Also, for avatar info, here are kinglizard's avatar instructions and a reminder to all ATS members.

Also, here's a great link to help you organize your favorite forums. It will also keep threads you post in as favorites: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This link is also up at the top as myATS

And, don't forget to check out PTS and BTS. You can log in to these other two forums with your ATS login information.

Have a good time here

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Welcome roadscholar

Hey there! I appreciate the warm welcome and the links. I've already read (and violated) the T.O.S. and a few of the more informative threads on the various boards.

This is a big site, and there are lots of features, but the instructions are all there...it's not so hard to figure out!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hi there RS.
Welcome to Ats!

you may want to get a little more original about that avatar honey.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pennyforyourthoughts
Hi there RS.
Welcome to Ats!

you may want to get a little more original about that avatar honey.

Don't worry, I change avs like shoes.

I have a large collection of comic images. Perhaps I'll post some to share, that may help me to keep my own image more static. I have some nice artwork to share.

Hopefully we've not gotten off to a rough start over a small thing such as an avatar image. It seems that we have similar taste in comics, perhaps we will find similar interests here on this board!

[edit on 29/4/05 by Roadscholar]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Uh.... you're pretty cool.... and stuff.

You're smart!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thanks for that =)

I like the way you fight!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadscholar
Thanks for that =)

I like the way you fight!

Wait. I don't understand. You didn't actually read that drivel, did you?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Wait. I don't understand. You didn't actually read that drivel, did you?

Of course! Well, a little bit anyway. First I read your post about how God killed himself really...and the ironic truth of that struck me as very funny! Then I read that bit where you spoke up to say that you believe that most Americans are too intelligent to easily fall for propoganda....which I happen to agree with whole-heartedly! I'm glad that you were there to say that so succinctly. I would not have thought to do so.

So yes, I read that "drivel"....only it wasn't! It really seems that you are really an asset to the community!

[edit on 29/4/05 by Roadscholar]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh that. Well thanks. I try really hard not to cow to anyone's hardline/bleeding heart agenda and try to see things in the most sensical way I can. Sometimes I fail miserably. You'll see...

Asset to the community, well, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me on this site. There are some mods and some ahem administrators out there that would probably disagree, but hey, who are they anyway, right? Like they were the MAN or something.... Sheesh!

All in good fun, all in good fun.

As for the way I fight, I thought you were refering to this:

Why I Fight

You should really get in on this little debate game we play. Ja, it's a reeely fun game!!!!

Don't whiz on the electric fence, will ya?

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Sorry, I'd quite forgotten about that.

You see, when I first began to browse the forums, I peaked in the window over there. I saw a bunch of men in odd costumes dancing on the table, and one Sir Not Appearing in this Film.

I said to myself, "On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place."

Perhaps I'll give it a deeper browse now, though!

p.s. "The Man" can't recognize talent, they are too busy trying to keep a lid on things!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
You have voted Roadscholar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

That was for your avatar. Have some more cool points!

I look forward to seeing more avatars like that. That's one of the best I've seen.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I really do appreciate that!

I scanned this from the cover of James O'Barr's "The Crow: Flesh & Blood".

I'm very fond of it....nice to know that someone else appreciates it too!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadscholar
p.s. "The Man" can't recognize talent, they are too busy trying to keep a lid on things!

Lots of truth to that statement.

Nice introduction.

We share some of the same interests so I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I look forward to posting here

posted on Apr, 30 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Glad your about, and look'n forward ta what ya have ta say.

new topics

top topics

join