It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever happened to Mel's Hole?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
There's a black hole at the bottom. An undiscovered type of black hole. It's very stable and only sucks straight up for about 3 feet. So you jump in and there is no end!

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDudle

where did you come up with that?

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Out of the blue? lol Yeah, I was just bored and felt that I should post at least once in awhile. But the concept of something like that isn't completely impossible imo.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Cool Story, True or not. I love claims like this, Iam not sophisticated enough to REALLY care whether it is legit, I would love to think so. Where can I find other claims like this? Is there a site with a listing of some sort...Maybe one that isn't over run with chupacabra,bigfoot,elvis and manbearpig sightings???

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Listening to Springer on Coast to Coast right now. Earlier, he mentioned Mel's Hole.

So I did a little bit of research.

Fantastic and fascinating.

Read a solid synopsis of Mel's Hole, via what ol' Mel Waters told Art Bell on Coast to Coast some years ago...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think there are elements of truth to Red Elk's story but the hole is likely not at all fantastic if it even still exists. I say Red Elk's story because after listening to the Mel Waters appearance on Coast to Coast it's pretty obvious that Red Elk is most likely Mel Waters. Reasoning behind it?

Mel Waters is a:
68 year old man as of his 2002ish reappearance
Smoker
Drives a Suburban
Is poor
Has dental problems
Has a fondness for oddities in his stories (Wombat rescue? Puh lease.)
Has an interest in Indian medicinals
Claims to have knowledge of fishing but can't exactly sell the lie with any real detail

Red Elk is a:
Older gentlemen (appears to be Mel's age even)
Smoker
Drives an SUV
Appears poor
May have dental problems
Has a fondness for fantastical oddities
Mentions being a medicine man
Claims to be Indian but can't seem to fill in the real details

To top this all off Red Elk appeared on a small video in 2004. He made it a point to clearly display all the similar information above about himself. The closing for the video was him with black substance (appeared to be manure) smeared on his face saying "take it with a piece of cake". Seems like an ironic code for saying "Hey this is some bull crap and you're all dumb". I do think that his claim to have seen a decent size hole as a small boy in that area is true though. Other than that I think Mel and his story is pure fabrication of Red Elk.

I'm also willing to believe it could also be a well thought out hoax using many convenient details such as blocked out satellite photos from public records as so called proof. I'm more interested in searching the entire area than following a Red Elk goose chase as the only thing I'm very sure of is that Red Elk is lying to some extent as is Mel Waters. I'm also reasonably certain they're the same person. If you listen to the old radio casts of Mel Waters during one of his appearances his voice sounds a lot deeper and hoarse (like Red) for the first 5 seconds and it's kind of obvious that Art is using a method to alter his voice slightly. Probably just adjusting the bass output of the incoming call. The trouble with even a good public lie is that information can be reexamined later and all at once. Although I think Red Elk is hanging a lantern on this because the whole thing amuses him greatly.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
this has always fascinated me along with the siberian "hole to hell"
edit on 18-7-2011 by dashdespatch because: typo

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Thestargateisreal

That is a really interesting argument Stargate. Alot of points that slipped by me, mainly because i suffer from a over active imagination. This claim about the holes did seem scripted to some extent, but with some substantial gaps between air time, pretty big Hoax, consistancey wise.

Just a few questions for you.

1. In some cases it has been said that disinformation ( in whatever shape or form) has a function, to pull attention away from a real incident being kept secret. This disinformation will be close to what is really going on, but exagerated and with clever holes that take some research and time to discover. Once the researchers have discovered the hoax, the real incident has been handled and buried. This being true was Mel's hole a distraction for something around the Manastash area? You mentioned the blocked sat images (from terraserver i believe), well thats curious becasue google earth also has a large area, in Ellensburg, on Manastash Ridge blocked out, a odd white block sits right in the center. Something is there that Google cant see, and it lies a good 20 miles out from the airbase.

2. You think that Art Bell was a part of this? Maybe capatilising somehow?

3. I see no logical gain to be had of this hoax, no money, no fame, over 5 years in the making. A pretty original story lets be fair. Mel could be making a fortune writing movies with this kind of imagination. Motivations for doing this?

4.And finally, i dont know of anyone who has really done the research on this case. I've read alot of so called reports that he did not own or even live anywhere near the property, or even exist. Wheres the proof of that? i Dont see any proof either way. Your theory about him and elk being the same guy is the first piece of decent skeptisism ive seen in 4 years!!

Look forward to you views on this. And yes, Stargates are real.

Mon

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DCFusion

He said they kept tying more line on to make it longer.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
Kind of like the bottomless lakes] in New Mexico by (you guessed it) Roswell.

Mel's Hole supposedly went down over 8,000 (or 80,000 depending on who tells the story) and was ruled a vent hole for a subterranean volcano.

Myth or fact?

It was 80,000. Only Mel told the original story, 8,000 is coming form a source that hasn't done its research it seems.

Mon

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
all the bottomless holes in the world have been filled in by a pair of irish navvies called seamus and paddy , for health and saftey reasons

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Nice
. I'm guessing you think the Hole is a Hoax?

Mon

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
it gets stranger apparently mel found a second hole in nevada read and be amazed

inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join