It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Jupiter's Moon ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Could there be life in the subterranean Ocean on Europa, one of Jupiters moon. I think it might be possible for aqautic life to be in the subterranean ocean on Europa. Although the surface temperatures are too cold for life, under the ocean it is likely to be warmer, maybe warm enough for life to develop.I think this is an interesting fact that perhaps the scientists have not payed too much attention to and don't have the technology to reach there and find out. Post you thoughts ...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
siddharthsma,
Nasa is already looking into sending a robotic probe using the same tech that is being developed to drill into the liquid lake in antartica. I think the name of the lake is Vloske (or something close to that).
I do not think there is any timeline on the launch as of yet.
There has also been some studies / theories published on space.com on the possibilities of europa of having a very faint athmosphere.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Thanks for the Information

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
lake vostock....its quite an intresting theory....have a read on the place....theres also a link to something being covered up down there at the bottom of the lake, i think its in the aliens n ufo's section somewhere?

regards.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
that would make a cool movie !

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think there is absolutely life under the oceans on Europa. I feel it's almost impossible for no life to be there. I think Titan has some also. There's just too much organic stuff there to not have life.

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Europe has heat where Titan doesn't, i dont think that there is enough energy on titan to support life, while Europa is warmed by tidal flows from jupiter.

loq

posted on May, 3 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
i think there possibly is life on europa too
it would be the best place to look for life near us

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
That does seem like an interesting idea. And its not like other places where we've found possible traces of water, but this place actually has water, and i read somewhere once that all life comes from water, so who knows

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
i think no life is there because here we don't see soursis of life woter,cloudes,and sun is so far from Titan. I don't know maybe i'm not right.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Nasa has actually talked about the possibility of life being on Europa, they just haven't gotten around to actually checking it out yet.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wouldnt that be revolutionary? life within our own solar system, although it is likely to be microbial in nature.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'm sure there would be ample energy for life on any moon with water in the atmosphere. 'life needs the sun' yes life that evolved on earth needs the sun(well most of it does like life at bottom of the oceon)

BUt maybe it could break down molecules or feed of radioactive material or even volcanic vents there are eco systems on Earth that depend on this and it is thought this ishow life first developed here so maybe they're just 300,000 million years behind. It would be great to study for like 10 million years (for the human race not a group of people) to see how life would develop in different conditions.

new topics

top topics

join