It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread has been "vanished"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A thread ("Islam Betrayed", I think was in the title) containing pictures of Bush holding hands with the Saudi rep, and all it's sniping commentary in response, has not only been disappeared, but also erased from the "find posts" lists for every poster I know who commented in it!

The site is at THAT level now?
Hope not & that it's some sort of glitch.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that the thread was erased simply because bush was holding hands with a Saudi rep. Maybe it was an...ATS error?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Fear not.

This sort of information is like the mythical Hyrda.

Check out the thread about Christians arrested in Saudi Arabia also.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I searched for the exact string of words I used. I looked at the "find posts" list of three folks who cracked me up & posted in the thread. Went Boolean & Google.
It's seems to have been erased as well as the trail.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I was wondering too what happen to that thread, I tell you this one complaining about it is sure to be banned to the trash bin also.

But before it happens I am going to said that somebody was to "offended" with bush picture showing his friendly approach to foreign affairs.

The picture has been all over the news so what is the big deal.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The thread landed in trash bin, so it said when I clicked on it in myATS.

Maybe because it wasn't very serious. Most replies were mocking the two "leaders" and the title itself was very misleading....

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You'd have to ask a Mod - best through the "Suggestions" tab.

Perhaps it was considered to more a light-hearted submission, bettr sited in BTS rather than ATS, and an error occured - sometimes, mistakes can happen I'm sure! I certainly don't read anything "sinister" in it - but - HEY! - what do I know??

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

as posted by Marg
But before it happens I am going to said that somebody was to "offended" with bush picture showing his friendly approach to foreign affairs.

Marg, I'm not sure how to phrase this where you will understand it, but in virtually all cases, moderators, when performing their tasks and duties, act objectively. That though we do post our opinions on this board, "we" do the duties, tasks, and disciplining [correction] as objectively as warrented/possible.

What you are implying is an assumption backed by what? That we post our opinions while observing and doing our duites and tasks? I would be cautious in how actions are interpreted and assumed upon. Just my humble advice, but hey, people will think what they will, correct, without benefit of the doubt, right?

The topic thread that BT is asking about is being handled by the ATS staff in determining what happened. More than likely, it will be returned to the forum where it last was.

We apologize for the inconvenience and disruption this may have caused.
Please be patient while this is sorted out.

Thank you.

seekerof

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It's back in political conspiracies now... Glitch in the system I guess...

m...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks springer that was very nice of you to let us know.

As usual Seekerof you got lost in "translation"

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think there's some detail missing in the first picture of the thread.

I think this should cover it.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ahh, spring...that glorious time of year when a man's thoughts turn towards love and.....

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Does this give new meaning to being 'h - - - like a camel?"

Only in Texas!

*edit to add
BTS pics of more closeness

[edit on 27-4-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well my ATS associates, ATS is looking into the matter 'and that's a good thing'.
I requested re-posting of some stuff yesterday and behold there the threads were. Could have been the threads were in a loop as I did notice ATS put in a lot of submission entries asking for our opinions and votes.

I support their site and the way it's administrated too.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yes, I moved it.

Remember, that we have been discouraging one-liner posts. A photo, and a one-liner followed by page after page of one and two sentence quotes is a rather lame thread. There could have been some good analysis and commentary; instead we get predictably sophomoric snickering.

Anyhooo... it's back by request of whomever, but frankly it doesn't deserve the board space here. BTS, maybe, but even that's rather iffy.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
dbates....are those pansies? Ummmmm I meant the flowers in the background. LOL.

Great picture though.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

as posted by Marg
As usual Seekerof you got lost in "translation"

And as usual, you are wrong in your typical assumptions.
See Bryd's post above?

Did Bryd's reasoning for moving the thread mention, match, or contain anything remotely to what your asserted?

as posted by Marg

Yeah....
I thought not.

seekerof

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Responses

"vanished" versus "banished"

"offended" versus "defended"

"gay" versus "not gay"

My comment on the only Bush-Abdullah hand-holding thread that I have visited stands. It's not some Americans' misconstrual of Arab culture that is of most concern. It's the secrecy and duplicity in the meeting itself.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

The Saudi Rep looks like he's wearing the fakest mask I've ever seen, quite funny really.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

And as usual, you are wrong in your typical assumptions.
See Bryd's post above?

Did I Seekerof............. it seems that my post are kind of touchy to your comprehension.

Lately has been some "offended" people around that don't like certain topics and can raise quite some hell about what is post in ATS.

BTW don't take it personal I am not talking about you.

Did Bryd's reasoning for moving the thread mention, match, or contain anything remotely to what your asserted?

Well yes.......people don't like to have our holy president even resembling anything as vile as a homosexual though.

Yes........... is many ways in which people "can or may get offended" lately around here.

Occurs your presumptions and interpretations of my assumptions got you lost in my translation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join