It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Officially Owns The Moon???

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by betaiso

Originally posted by MickeyDee
I know that as the US first stepped foot on the Moon they could claim it as their own, but what is the official stance on this subject?

Does the US own the Moon?
Or does the Earth Own the Moon?

Will Europe, China and Japan have to ask the US for permission to land on the Moon?

And who will Govern the Moon once we do have an inhabited station there?

Will the US just take over the day to day running of the Moon?

Who will reap the rewards from mining there?

So many questions and so little answers!!!

a typical American arrogant

GO ON!!!! tax every ship that set sail on this planet (hey... the US fleets of Carrier Battle Group owns the ocean? doesn't it?)

don't stop there, tax everyone who inhale/breath or sent a F22 their way.

the American are so naive I don't know what to say

A typical American arrogant with a MASSIVE Union Jack on his avatar and the words Great Britain on his location!

You need an eye test mate!

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I personally think we own the moon. We set our foot down and stuck the flag in the ground. That was how much of America was claimed. Say we do own the moon. What would we do if China or Russia or some other country decided to land on the moon. Would we just give them a slap on the wrist and say bad boy or actually do something political. Would we just say to ourselves that we don't like that country or claim they were invaiding our territory and bring on war?

Would we own mars just because we sent the rover there. Does a person have to set foot on it to claim it.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sambo5us
I personally think we own the moon. We set our foot down and stuck the flag in the ground.

And you would of course say the same thing if the Russians or Chinese were first to put there foot there? Ok they didn`t. How about if they put their foot and flag on all the other planets in our solar system? Would you say "ok, it`s theirs. They own it now."? I don`t think so. Only if you were first, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'd vote whoever buried the monolith 4 million years ago has dibs.

The US has sort of a finders keepers case, but I hear its tough to get P&C insurance because of the meteor risk, so who would want it ?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sambo5us
I personally think we own the moon. We set our foot down and stuck the flag in the ground. That was how much of America was claimed. Say we do own the moon.

Okey Dokey...if thats the case Britain will be crossing the Atalantic soon to take back what is rightly ours.....America!!!

The US cannot claim the Moon as its own just because they landed there first!

Written On The Plaque Left By Apollo 11
"Here men from the planet Earth first set foot on the Moon--July 1969 A.D--We came in peace for all mankind."

FOR ALL MANKIND!
Not just the US!

Mic

apc

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
England take back the US? Didnt they try that already......

I thought Ive already made my point clear on this particular issue, but allow me to elaborate: It has been the standard practice of all nations to colonize unknown lands and declare them their own property in the name of whatever leader. Inevitably, those colonies revolt and give their overlords the boot... except in the case of Hong Kong where the lease just expired, but you get the point.
So yes, if we wanted to, the US could nuke the UN, shoot down the other probes, declare any further missions to the Moon an Act of War, and carve a great big middle finger into the face. What would the rest of the world do? Whine and sanction. What would we do? Invade, destroy, and dominate. It's the American way!

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
So yes, if we wanted to, the US could nuke the UN, shoot down the other probes, declare any further missions to the Moon an Act of War, and carve a great big middle finger into the face. What would the rest of the world do? Whine and sanction. What would we do? Invade, destroy, and dominate. It's the American way!

You obviously think the US is invincible.....

Let me tell you they are not!

Nuke the UN and shoot all other probes.....are you for real?

If the US nuked the UN, Europe would turn against the US and win (easily).....

And shoot down the probes.....Then the US would also have China, Russia and lots more kicking up a fuss!

The US doesnt own the Moon and if they dont stop throwing their weight about wont even own the US soon!!!!!!!!!!

apc

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well... maybe not invincible, but the closest thing to it compared to everyone else.

And btw, "nuke" was a metaphor...

But since you brought it up... EU vs US. HAH that would be a walk in the park... take that one to the "US vs. The World" threads. We wouldn't even have to do anything the EU would implode on their own if we cut the cord. You would have England going "Well... we bloody well want to fight you, but uhm... Germany you do it!" and Germany going "Gut mochten wir es tun aber... Frankreich tun Sie es!" and France going "Va te faire foutre tout. Nous sommes francais."

I never said we own the Moon. I said if we wanted to, we could, easily.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Well... maybe not invincible, but the closest thing to it compared to everyone else.

But since you brought it up... EU vs US. HAH that would be a walk in the park... take that one to the "US vs. The World" threads. We wouldn't even have to do anything the EU would implode on their own if we cut the cord. You would have England going "Well... we bloody well want to fight you, but uhm... Germany you do it!" and Germany going "Gut mochten wir es tun aber... Frankreich tun Sie es!" and France going "Va te faire foutre tout. Nous sommes francais."

I never said we own the Moon. I said if we wanted to, we could, easily.

Im all for loving my country and all but your going too far.
Europe combined (i mean if France fought aswell) would crush the US, then Europe would own the Moon wouldnt we.

Dont think the US is invincible, they are not, and if everyone in the US was as arrogant as you, the US would be destroyed in a matter of weeks.....

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I dont know about the Moon but Mars is the location of an embassy of the NSK State (Neue Slowenische Kunst), which maintains peace.

The NSK is a first virtual country. You can become a cityzen and ask for a passport.

Link

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
People are saying about the UN treaty that says no one country can own the moon maybe some country has and they are flouting UN treaties like Sadam Hussein did.

Maybe that will be the colition forces reason for invading Iran. I could just Tony Blair and GWB giving it, "Iran has ignored UN the Treaty and claimed ownership of the moon. This is a direct threat to our National Security and we will liberate the moon from Irans grasp in the next 24 hours by taking out Irans dangerous regime."

apc

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Identity_Unknown
Europe combined (i mean if France fought aswell) would crush the US, then Europe would own the Moon wouldnt we.

I apologize for dragging this out, but it is a valid point to argue. If the US declared land rights to the Moon, Europe would barely even raise a finger. Sure they would moan and groan on TV and in public speeches, but do you really honestly think it would be enough to unite all the nations to actually fight us? I highly doubt it. If this EU constitution ever gets passed, and if it ever progresses to an actual true unification of Europe into a single federal structure, I would see civil war breaking out within a decade. Everyone already considers Germany to be a joke, England and France will never be friends, and the old Soviet states are just waiting for a chance to have some fun.

If we declared the Moon ours, and for some reason this encouraged actual combat on the part of the EU, what would happen? Send some boats over? I dont think that would work. Fly some troops over? I dont think that would work either. Use nukes on us? ...

If we backed all our forces out of Europe and the Middle East, closed down all our bases and switched our trading over to other sources, essentially cutting the EU off from US resources, it would be pure devastation without any offensive action on our part.

All this over the Moon? I really don't think so. The European nations would just have to do what they always do, either side with us or be laughed at by everyone else. Freedom fries, anyone?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So who owns the Moon then?

apc

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The Mooninites!!!

Jeeeeeeeeeze!

Looks like Google might try to fight them for it tho.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
The Mooninites!!!

Can you back this up with scientific evidence???

apc

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

We are the Mooninites and our culture has advanced beyond all that you can possibly comprehend with 100% of your brain.

From one of the greatest most significant historical records ever known:

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Can we, if possible, please get back on topic, despite the awesomeness of ATHF?

apc

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Well... "Who officially owns the Moon?"

Everyone.

Unless.... ahhhh screw it.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Well... "Who officially owns the Moon?"

Everyone.

Unless.... ahhhh screw it.

Ive decided, the US owns the Moon.

When the time comes that everyone can travel to and from and mine the Moon, the US will lay claim to it as they were the first there.

We all know how stroppy the US are and they will probably have a temper tantrum if they cant have all of the Moon!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well right now the French own it as it is made of cheese,
Sacre Bleu!
Don't worry though they'll surrender it soon

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join