It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created hinduism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am a hindu but still i dont know who created hinduism.SOme say that the aryans who came from the gobi desert by 1500BC gave it but ramayana happened 1.7million yrs ago and hinduism was still there.Did the aliens gave it cuz hinduism states about matrix,karma,moksha which is very diff from other religions.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
it must have been aliens. good case. I'm convinced

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Seven cows conspired to create the religion, and enlisted the help of a blind saffron grove attendant, via telepathy, to pen various books.

The central motivation was, of course, self preservation.

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Unlike every other religion (to my knowledge), Hinduism has no Patriarch (or Matriarch for that matter) that is still recognized or worshipped. It was no doubt created by someone, but the name and particulars of that 'creator' are unknown to most, if not all people.

It makes for an interesting exception to the rule, that's for sure.

Like most religions, Hinduism most likely started off as a convenient way to explain natural phenomena like storms, rain, and the yearly cycle, etc., etc..

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
I am a hindu but still i dont know who created hinduism.

I don't think anyone claims that anyone in particular created it, unlike say buddhism or christianity. Its a paganistic/polytheistic beleif system that has lots of variations and has meshed in different places with other different beleif systems. Its supposed to be very similar to what the ancient egyptian religion was like, and probably would be recognizable to ancient greeks and romans and the like.

SOme say that the aryans who came from the gobi desert by 1500BC

I don't think anyone says that the aryans were from the gobi. Also, wasn't the traditional date much older than 1500 BC?

gave it but ramayana happened 1.7million yrs ago

The events in the ramayana almost certainly didn't happen 1.7 mya.
www.talkorigins.org...

1.85 million years ago homo habilis was walking the earth and 'man' hadn't left africa yet. Around 700,000 years ago there were members of homo erectus walking around java and the like, but I think its safe to assume that the ramayana, if anything like a historical kernel upon which the myth is based, happened, that it happened after homo sapiens evolved, lets call that 500,000 years ago, and pretend that there's no concern about social structures, language, culture, or technology, which would all put a much younger date on it.

and hinduism was still there.

Is hinduism in the ramayana? Or is there a polytheistic religion thats not so different from it in there? Afterall, what defines hinduism? Does something have to be Vedic to count as hindu?

Did the aliens gave it cuz hinduism states about matrix,karma,moksha which is very diff from other religions.

Every religion talks about things that are very different from the others.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It is apparent that hiduism has apparently advanced knowledge recorded in scrolls found in tibet. I dont think the Aryans were from the Gobi desert but i suppose they could have moved through there. Aryans were a strange group of people with weird ideas. I remember reading about their fire temples. Anyway i think highly likely Aryans were part of an advanced unrecorded society.

top topics

join