It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Seven To Die For US Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
An Indian court has sentenced to death seven terrorists guilty of the attacks on the US Centre of Culture in Calcutta in January 2002. Aftab Ahmed Ansari who the judge said was the mastermind behind the attacks was amongst those convicted for the attacks in which five policemen were killed.

news.bbc.co.uk
The attack heightened tensions in South Asia, coming just weeks after a bloody raid on India's parliament.

India accused Pakistan of having a link to both attacks which was strongly denied by Islamabad.

Although India still supports the death penalty it is rarely carried out

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The fact that India rarely sentences anybody to death anymore just proves how evil and murderous this group of terrorists must be.

This was a totally heartless and evil attack which caused the deaths of five innocent policemen and the injuries of more than twenty civilians.

The death penalty was the only option for this case and justice has been done.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Only option?

Sorry but I have to say it is a bit hard to judge with prior bias and prejudice along with not having all the facts of the case in your possession.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Sorry but I have to say it is a bit hard to judge with prior bias and prejudice along with not having all the facts of the case in your possession.

Im sure the Judge did have all the facts in front of him and is much more qualified in making a decision than i am.

So if the Judge believes they are guilty, I believe they are guilty!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Thats sad too and one of the reasons this world is so stuffed up. The judge believes, so I believe....nah doesn't quite cut the mustard for me......

BTW the sky is pink...cos I said so

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If these men are indeed guilty of the attacks, then I see nothing wrong with their sentancing. Terrorists often do not care who they kill, and in this attack, the killed five police officers. If the people of India approve of the death penalty, then I see no reason why they shouldn't be put to death.

India has suffered alot from terrorist groups, many of which aren't even Muslim, but various ethnic seperatist groups.

I do not know exactly what the state of the Indian justice system is, or how their legal system works, but I do hope this conviction was based on hard evidence, as the article states that two men were aquitted for lack of evidence.

new topics

top topics

join