It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Female Iraqi MP Shot Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Lamiya Abed Khadawi, a member of former Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's coalition has been shot dead on the door step of her home by suspected insurgents in Baghdad. She is the first MP to be killed since the elections in January.

news.bbc.co.uk
Lamiya Abed Khadawi, a member of former Prime Minister Iyad Allawi's coalition, is the first MP killed since elections at the end of January.

Police said gunmen knocked at her door and shot her when she answered it.

The attack came as the chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff, Gen Richard Myers, warned that Iraqi militants remain as strong as a year ago.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Once again it will be a sad day in Iraq and especially in Baghdad.

It seems that General Richard Myers was correct in saying that the militants in Iraq are as strong as ever and there is still no signs of lasting peace.

These militants do not deserve to be Iraqi citizens and are aiming for nothing more than desturbing the peace and upsetting the new Iraq.

[edit on 27/4/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Honestly I wonder how many such political murders are actually carried out by the people getting the blame for it and how much of it is suspicious. It would be very easy for the US administration to kill off it's opposition under the 'insurgents did it' umbrella....................................before everyone yells down my neck, I did say 'would be'

and you say they don't deserve to be Iraqi citizens, that is a sad line there. Iraq is these people country and homeland and has been for centuries the US are the insurgents invading ........

What gives armchair critics the right to decide these people should not be citizens of their own country.....

BTW I love the new buzz word "insurgents" .....it sounds so cute............

[edit on 28-4-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why is this more terrible then when iraqi children are blown up by US soldiers "protecting" iraq? This woman collaborated with the US to help strip iraq of its oil and independence, so in the eyes of the resistance fighters, she is a guilty woman.

join