It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis of symbolism--Obelisk in Paris, France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I've always been fascinated with real-world illuminati imagery. In Paris, there is a large traffic circle, and to the right you will see this curious obelisk. No tour guides in Paris will tell you that it is placed there for symbolic reasons. Specifically, it represents the golden-tipped penis of Horus... and now they are illuminating it with laser beams!

In May 1998, a gold-leafed pyramid cap (pyramidion) was placed on top of this obelisk. Historians believe its original pyramidion was stolen in the 6th century B.C. by Assyrian or Persian invaders. When this obelisk was re-erected in 1833, experts urged the French authorities to restore the masterpiece to its original splendor by putting a pyramidion back on the pinnacle. But it was not until French President Jacques Chirac agreed in 1997 to back the 1.5 million franc (US$252,000) project as part of celebrations to mark Franco-Egyptian relations. The pyramidion is made with bronze and 23.5-carat gold leaf, 3.6-meter (12 feet) high. Laser rays are beamed at night so that it can be seen by all Parisians.

members.aol.com...

Napolean (who brought the obelisk over from Egypt) was fascinated with Egypt, some say because he was exploiting their technology. He gave strict orders to be buried in an elaborate sarcophagus...

They've also managed to construct a type of triangle, by placing another in London and yet another in New York.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Cool story, but I've gotta' say something about your last comment there... wouldn't any 3 obeliscs make a triangle so long as they're not in a straight line? It's not even like Paris, New York and London make an equilateral triangle or anything... I think you're reading into this a bit much.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I think the significance of the triangle is precisely in which cities the penis tips have been illuminated and that there are three penis tips, not necessarily the shape of the triangle the penis tips make.

I suspect they are parallel and similarly symbolic penis tips like no other penis tip obelisks.

MK?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Good analysis MA, that was my intent behind the comment.

Cool story, but I've gotta' say something about your last comment there... wouldn't any 3 obeliscs make a triangle so long as they're not in a straight line? It's not even like Paris, New York and London make an equilateral triangle or anything... I think you're reading into this a bit much.

These particular obelisks are VERY unique. As MA pointed out, they are all golden-tipped, indicating the same root symbolism. You are right, I am reading into it too much, but that doesn't mean that I'm wrong! LOL!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
True... Go on. What would this symbolize? I'd like to hear some references to what they mean. Anything related to Illuminati? (I think that's what you were trying to say at least).

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
MK, I believe you'd be very interested in a David Icke presentation that was posted somewhere on these forums. He talks a ton about the illuminati, its very interesting stuff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'd have to research further to conclude if it was meant to be used as occultic symbolism or simply a facination with the obelisk's appearence, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was the former. I'm familiar with the story of Osiris, how he was cut to pieces and his wife retreaved all of his missing members except his penis. The lost member spawned the creation of the Egyptian obelisk which is used in some sort of fertility ritual. Or so I've heard. I guess guys like the infamous Illuminists use this symbol , as they do various other symbols (torch).

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The obelisk have an esoterical sense link with the sun. Aegytians considered obelisk as a ray of the sun...
(Not a penis MA, where is your brain, in your pant ?)

(Obelisks was used as sun clock in ancient egypt)

There is a secret signification to the hieroglyphs of the Concorde Obelisk of Paris that I'm the only to know...

No, I joke, but there is really a religious sense to the hieroglyphs on the obelisks...

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Albert Pike says the obelisk is a penis, in Morals & Dogma.

There is also an obelisk in Dealey plaza.

And that great big 555 foot obelisk in front of the reflecting pool in Washington D.C.

The Paris and DC obelisks are within circles, making them a point within a circle, an occult symbol.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My penis is golden tipped and shined on by lazer beams.

new topics

top topics

join