It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Assassination of Yasser Arafat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

"If someone dies of unknown causes, it is mandatory to have an autopsy -- mandatory! They know the regulations. Here in Jordan, bodies have been exhumed many times in criminal cases... I suspect Arafat died of a 'killing poison'.... The death was due to this." - Yasser Arafat's personal physician for 25 years

It seems someone wanted to keep this quiet. It was supected he was poisoned months before he died, why to this day is a autopsy out of the question????

Q: In the year prior to his death, how often had you seen him?

A) I was called on the sixteenth day after his illness, and when I went there I saw a group of Tunisian doctors sent by his wife to Ramallah without calling me. These people never had any idea about Arafat's health -- never saw Arafat before. I saw four Egyptian doctors and three Palestinian doctors. After I went to Ramallah with my group, I went straight to see him. There were signs of poisoning, manifested by a reddish patch on his face and a metallic, yellow color to his skin.

Red patch, yellow colured skin, I'm no doctor but from a guess this wouldn't look healthy, question is, Who poisoned him and with what???

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I dont know but maybe his own people had something to do with it, I mean they would be the only one capable of a cover up and would benefit from it, I mean the slightest showing that it would have been a mossad ops would have made him a matyr and cause even more political fallout from an already hostile international community towards Israel. He was already beginning to get under his own people's skin, Abbas had quit because he didn't have any final say as long as arafat was around. The PA had as much if not more to gain from Arafats death than the Israelis did, and i"m still surprise that they didn't try to spin it as a Mossad hit, the mysteries circumstances and the exact cause not being able to be proven either way would have worked to their advantage but it shows some maturity and some hope for the future cuz this could have cause an already volatile situation to increase alot more if they would have gone down this road. And also remember he had been held in check by the isrealis at his Ramada (or whatever) compound for quiet a while with only his own inner circles around him I think mossad is among the best in the world but I dont think it would have gotten that close. Hey maybe it was a mutual deal between mossad and High level Palestinian (abbas maybe?) working together they would deliver and cover up and most like mossad poison. But his death has made peace a lot more attainable I mean even Sharon who would be considered and shown to be hawk by both sides is really cutting his own legs underneath him trying to work something out and Palestinians have for ONCE tried to make an honest and concrete attempt to reign him their people. I mean if somebody other than an inside job would have done this I’m sure they would have tried to spin it that way to infuriate and unite their people against others, I would have and it has been a staple of Middle eastern politics to unite their people by amassing public sentiment against “foreign” threat be it real or not and not the real problems of their own makings. Heck even our Egyptian allies do it against us with their population, use a degree of anti western and American sentiment to keep them from seeing who is really doing the most bending them over.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to you that Dear Yassir died of a known disease called AIDS. The reason why no-one knows what he died of is because it is actually known and kept secret. This is also the reason why no-one is launching an inquery, no autopsy is performed and no hoop-la is made of this within the Palestinian Authority, his family and those close to him.
Yassir Arafat has hid his homosexuality from the world and was uncovered by a romanian secret service agent in the 80s.

www.jnewswire.com...

another source claims;

According to the former head of Romanian intelligence, Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa, one of the highest ranking communist defectors of all time, Rahman al-Qudwa became an important political ally of the communist bloc following the death of Egypt's president, Gamal Abdul Nasser, in 1970. Gen. Pacepa's account of Rahman's intimate relations with the communist bloc is related in a book entitled "Red Horizons." As it happens, Pacepa tells us that the communists trusted Rahman because he was a voracious homosexual. This alone made him a workable Kremlin puppet, because once the Romanian intelligence services had taped Rahman's sex sessions with men and boys, he was completely in their hands. Afterwards, Rahman's friendship for the communist bloc would be permanent -- if he valued his growing popularity in the Arab world.

Rahman al-Qudwa is better known as Yasser Arafat, the chairman of the PLO since 1968 and the president of the Palestinian Authority -- which is now at war with Israel. According to Gen. Pacepa's account, communist dictator Nicolae Ceausescu ordered his people to bring Arafat over to Romania. In late 1970 the chief of Romanian intelligence in Egypt, Gen. Constantine Munteanu, arrived in Bucharest with Arafat in tow. Munteanu had gathered an extensive file on Arafat, which characterized the PLO leader as "so much cleverness, blood, and filth all together in one man." Pacepa says that this was Munteanu's "standard definition of Arafat."

www.freerepublic.com...

It makes much more sense than all the other theories.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I don't believe there is any conspiracy to this. I believe he just got old. I wouldn't be surprised if he was poisoned, though? I could see someone poisoning him.

But who would be able to get around to poisoning him? I'm sure he has masses amounts of security...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Are people suffering from collective amnesia here?

Ariel Sharon made numerous statements highly unfavorable to Yasser Arafat in the past years prior to the fatal Lucrecia de Borgia episode. If you view the newspapers of Israel as the house of a normal neighborhood, say as its diary, what would you think even as a Barney Fief?

Why all the double think anyway? This is not about politics, nor Israel, at all, it is about basic scholarship, it is a red mark on the papers here. Everyone please snap out of it already, your Politically Correct fog is not everything is it?

How about a generic Google Search?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Look, this man terrorized the lives of thousands in Israel and caused the death of thousands more of the people he was supposed to be leading. He did not want peace and would flat out lie about it while the rest of the world (we in the USA included) stood by and let him get by with it. When are we going to get serious about these mindless-spineless misfits?
Thank God (yes, God) that he is gone and cooler heads are prevailing. Granted it is and will be a long difficult road, but I believe peace will be achieved in the 'near' future.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's a great thing this man is gone and I personally lean towards the whole homosexual/aids angle. I was just commenting on the whole conspiracy part if there was one to poison him it would have had to be an inside job his security and situation for months prior to his death dictates that. And then the cover up or lack of any real information about his death adds to this, it wouldn't take a genius to try to pin his death just or unjustly on a Israeli assassination and all the questions and mystery surrounding his death would had just added an air of truth to their improvable claims either way. Do you really think that the Palestinian status quo (well at least Arafat and his ilk) would really be above this? If I was in there shoes and was still interesting on keeping power at the cost of peace I would have spun it to make it look like an assassination and use the public anger and outrage to my benefit playing them off the Israelis and keeping myself on top, well that's just me and I do then to be a bit naughty if I do say so myself.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am sure that if somebody wanted to poison him, he would use a non-tracable poison that disintigrate in the body, so no traces of it can be found later in the autopsy. There are poisons like that.

Who would want to do that - well dear Arafat had alot of enemies, so basicly the real question is not who or why, but WHEN and HOW.

And I dont buy that jewish propaganda about AIDS and homosexuality - pure BS!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
I am sure that if somebody wanted to poison him, he would use a non-tracable poison that disintigrate in the body, so no traces of it can be found later in the autopsy. There are poisons like that.

Who would want to do that - well dear Arafat had alot of enemies, so basicly the real question is not who or why, but WHEN and HOW.

And I dont buy that jewish propaganda about AIDS and homosexuality - pure BS!

Too bad it was a Romanian secret service agent - and the highest rank to ever defect and not a Jew who broke the story.

Anyhow - His death could be, on a conspiratorial level, almost anything. Regardless, it is good for the world and best for his own people that he is dead.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
He was pretty old and lived in population with a low life expectancy. Plus, didn't he has some kind of liver disease?

Sorry, I don't buy the conspiracy theories about Arafat. Old people die all the time. There are certain political factions that would love to prove either an assassination or an undiginified AIDS death, but I don't trust the motives of either group.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Hajduk]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
And for those wondering why there is no disclosure of cause of death, ask yourself this: why did he go to France to die? You'll have to know something about France's death disclosure laws, though.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wasnt arafat poisoned? i thought he was and i heard theyre government people poisoned him so ... yea i think lol

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
after reading these posts i find the homosexual arguement the most convincing. But what does this matter? his character is not defined by his sexuality. This was a man who fought for the entireity of his life to free palestine from israeli tyranny. Was it not israel who stole the land off the palestinians in the first place.
So why is america backing Israel? When it was them who stole the land in the first place. Didn't Iraq do the same with Kuwait in the first Gulf War? But america backed Kuwait instead of Iraq. Because Iraw was found to be unlawful.
If it was about oil surely america would have backed Iraq because it has the 2nd highest oil reserves of any country in the world.
Could it be that a significant percentage of the western worlds business' are owned by Israel? And that is why Israel won the backing of america

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Homosexuality in the muslim world??? your talking about one of the most socialy and culturally backward peoples of the modern world (non-tribal isolated culture of course). I mean we would have to spin an American president dying from a sexual disease gain through homosexual activities.

and dude Israel was created by the UN and expanded after Arab aggression on Israel. and as far as palestinians go, I was still wondering if my girlfriend and best friend made it out of the WTC along with my other friends (went to school Blocks from WTC) when I saw them celebrating it and officials trying to force the cameras filming this to stop. Palestianian territory has been under british or eqyptian and foreign (non-palestian) control for most of history. With the death of this man they finally have a chance at peace and getting some land back if they can manage not to blow their children and mostly NON-MILITARY/GOVERNMENT affiliated Israelis for a few years. You have Sharon practically slitting his own thought to have some kind of a peace and withdrawal worked out and Abbas is showing a real effort and increasingly taking more personal and political risk to reach that peace, something that Arafat wasn't able or willing to do. After all he left the camp david accords ( not sure the one with Clinton and barak) with more than 95% of his demands guaranteed and he said it would be political suicide to sign. He put his well being above that of his people and contributed to hundreds of deaths on both sides with his taking the lion's share of the grief.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oblivions void
and dude Israel was created by the UN and expanded after Arab aggression on Israel.

That is not 100% correct.

The UN took control of Palestine after WWII and had planned on creating 2 states - a Jewish state and an Arab state. The Arabs were promised by Britain that if they ( the Arabs) helped the British defeat the Nazis, then the Arabs would be given Palestine. So for obvious reasons at the end of WWII, they felt like they were lied to. Don't get me wrong, I support a Jewish homeland, but the fact remains that the Arabs were cheated. The Jewish Provisional State Council declared independence without negotiating fairly with the Arab inhabitants and without the UN being prepared.

You are right that Arab agression led to Israel expansion in 1949, but not all of the fighting in the area was because of Arab agression.

* On October 14th, 1953, an Israeli death squad, led by none other than Ariel Sharon, flattened the Jordanian village of Qibya killing 60 civilians.

* Israel, with the help of Britain and France (who were angry that Egypt nationalized the Suez Canal) attacked Egypt first in 1956 and Israel partially occupied Gaza for about a year. Ironically, it was the U.S. and Soviet Union that both put pressure on Israel to pull out of Gaza.

* Then in 1967, it was Israel that suprise attacked Syria, Jordan, and Egypt. They occupied Sinai, Gaza, the Golan Heights, and the West Bank in this war.

So don't act like only the Arabs were aggressors. The conflict in Palestine is definitely perpetuated by both sides.

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Hajduk]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hajduk
So don't act like only the Arabs were aggressors. The conflict in Palestine is definitely perpetuated by both sides.

I'm not 100% on the specifics but you are right about israel attacking first on occasions, but how many of these were pre-emptive attacks and who has shown the most restraint in general. There is blame on both sides and it's not fair to cleanse one side just because they dont have the upper hand. when we compare who did what it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges at least in my book and I won't take against nobody if they dont agree, I think it's worse to target a civilian pizzeria (no off duty military or government members) or a night club or a bus stop than it is to kill a child or woman as a result of targeting a TERRORIST and having shrapnel hit people around him. But that's a different story the original focus of this conversation was arafat and if you think he put an honest %100 behind the peace process than I dont even know what to say. I mean at least sharon who even I would say has been responsible for unjustifiable actions on behalf of the isreali side has made a great effort towards peace at great personal and political cost to himself, can the same really be said of Arafat, a man that let his people suffer greatly against an enemy they had very little to no chance of defeating for his own political and financial gain?

new topics

top topics

join