It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK polls point to third landslide Labour win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   

London - Prime Minister Tony Blair's Labour Party stretched its lead over the main opposition Conservatives into double figures despite fresh anger about the Iraq war, a poll showed on Tuesday ahead of election day on May 5.

The NOP survey in the Independent pointed towards a record third, straight landslide win for Labour, with its support base put at 40 percent, against 30 percent for the Conservatives and 21 percent for the smaller, rival Liberal Democrats.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.iol.co.za...

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think it's pretty clear that despite widespread public unease and the deep dislike of the Iraqi war few are going change gov on the back of that alone......especially not for a party even more right-wing and who supported the war themselves anyway.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I think it's pretty clear that despite widespread public unease and the deep dislike of the Iraqi war few are going change gov on the back of that alone......especially not for a party even more right-wing and who supported the war themselves anyway.

im started to work out now that Tony is going to stay in power, mainly on domestic issues. The economy is good and unemployement is at a record all time low (i think), the tories would just make everything worse and so would the lib dems.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The economy is good

- It's the clincher every time.

and unemployement is at a record all time low (i think)

- It is close to it (it's hard to be exact as the method of forming the stats has changed so much over the decades).

We can say with certainty that UK employment is at a record high.

the tories would just make everything worse

- Yeah well, until they actually really change their approach that's pretty much a given I think.

and so would the lib dems.

- The Libs at least have the excuse of being out of it all for so long, hopefully they will make big strides in this election; I really think that with a much bigger involvement in the Parliamentary committees and various boards etc etc they will mature and get a lot more serious (which despite the pity about losing their 'innocence'(?) will set them up for future years IMO).

This is 'A good thing' IMO as gov's who have too long with no credible opposition always end up inherently a bad thing.

top topics

join