It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you LIKE about America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a thread that I have often reviewed is one called "What do you hate about America?" Being an America living in Canada, I often find myself in a position where I defend American politics and events that occur in States. And what has often amazed me is the innate expectation that America is responsible taking care of the worlds problems. Oh, don't get me wrong or misunderstand my question. People who don't even blame the US for the problems of the world expect the US to solve them. This implies that the US is good for something inspite of a lot of sentiment that the US is good for nothing. What do you like about the United States?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The food, for one. Such an amazing collection of all the foods of the world, it's awesome.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It's got some beautiful scenery.

If it wern't for the American market, Nintendo probably would't have made games in English. And as a result my childhood would've lacked a substantial injection of Japanese crazyness!

It's near Canada.

It's also got the UN building.

New York is nice. Full of art, culture (lots of different ones too!) and some pretty impresssive buildings.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge
New York is nice.

Damn right it is!

One of the things I like best about America is that we're leading in a lot of the important things. Movies, music, books (other than HP!). Things like that, cultural and social items. America, despite the many claims of having no culture, is a leading force in that area.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
American has every culture around the world!! Its one happy country!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I like my freedom.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Funny, I really would have thought that the most prevalent aspect that people would LIKE about the U.S. was freedom. Culture (i.e., movies, Nintendo etc) and the variety of food dominates the list so far. But what about the freedom? And, in spite of the recent governments; both Clinton and Bush, isn't America still a country that prides itself as having great freedom? Freedom to prosper -- or not. Freedom to work hard -- or not. Freedom to protest injustice -- or not. Is America free -- or not?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
"How's the twentieth century, Bob? Lots of drugs? Good p#$&y?"

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
isn't America still a country that prides itself as having great freedom?

Yes. A lot of us take it for granted, however, which is a whole 'nother story in itself.

However, I think this thread was aimed at a slightly lighter side of things. When someone asks you what your favorite thing in the world is, you don't say "Freedom" you say "Free Cone Day." It's assumed you like freedom, and the question would be really lame if you didn't.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Texas and Oklahoma are in the United States. That alone is enough to make it great for me. I've gone on vacations all over the country and Mexico but I've never been anywhere better than Texoma. Consider a trip to Lake Texoma in the summer if want to be where the world is beautiful, the fish are biting, and the people are friendly.

The variety of music, food, and everything else in this country is awesome. Not to mention FOOTBALL, and I'm not talking about soccer.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I like the...........................

women

.....The Good Looking Ones.....Too Many Fat American Now A Days....

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What I like in America?

Well, there are lots of things, after all America is a continent.

Or do you mean what I like about the USA?

I like the fact that it is a democracy, that is important.
I like the landscapes, it has some very beautiful places.

The culture, I only know the imported one, I do not know the original culture of what is now the USA.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
To me, I think it's freedom, education, and wealth.

The United States provides me the freedom to do whatever I want (if I can afford to do so); and its innate wealth, unsurpassed college/university systems, and market economy are the engines that give me the time and money to do so.

This is perhaps why I have no sympathy for all those Americans who cry poor and have failed to get their piece of the "American Dream". One thing my country doesn't produce is a magical pill to cure people of their laziness and lack of will -- and thank God for that!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well, I'd say freedom, but then you have Bush and his bunch trying to take freedom away.

I guess the question should be, "What do you like about America, provided America's the way it's supposed to be?"

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I like that there is a wide collection of people with different cultures/backgrounds, seems like everyone has a unique ancestral heritage.

It's also amazing to me how the extent the U.S. has flourished in such a relatively short amount of time.

OK, on a shallow note we provide some of the best entertainment (music, television, movies) in the world...with respects to the UK.

Want some more shallow? OK fine...we do fantastic in the Olympics!

Lets say I want to buy some consumer product like shampoo, I have approx 1,000,000 different brands to choose from. That goes for most everything you can purchase here.

And how many other countries out there can say that they are the home of the whopper??? Didn't think so! (joking now btw)

[edit on 5/16/2005 by Lecky]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Fox
I like the...........................

women

...and they don't grow them any prettier than in the Lone Star state.

IMO, Texas has the most beautiful women on the planet!

Peace

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

...and they don't grow them any prettier than in the Lone Star state.

IMO, Texas has the most beautiful women on the planet!

Peace

you haven't been to many places have you, jk. I like the women over there as well especillay with the advantage of my accent.

I like JB and JD's, but unfortunately your beer sux.

I like the way americans do things over there, the biggest and the best.

It is a great place for a holiday, I really like your golf courses, well the better ones anyway.

I travel to the US several times a year, mostyly Las Vegas - I can't get enough of that place

Would I want to live there, NO. You are far too violent for me, I like to be able to walk down the street and feel safe.

new topics

top topics

join