It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trailer Park Boys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the Trailer Park Boys? This Canadian pseudo documentary following the life of the denizens of Sunnyvale Trailer Park is absolutely hilarious. In four short seasons, the Trailer Park Boys have become a cult phenomenon in Canada. The three main characters; Ricky, Julian and Bubbles, even threw out the first pitch at the opening game for the Toronto Blue Jays. If you havn't seen this show, or if it's not available in your part of the states look it up. And while I don't advocate illegal downloading, if you are so inclined, I recommend the Trailer Park Boys well worth the time spent in jail....Hell, your cellmate could easily be one of these pathological misfits.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Has anyone seen the Trailer Park Boys? This Canadian pseudo documentary following the life of the denizens of Sunnyvale Trailer Park is absolutely hilarious. In four short seasons, the Trailer Park Boys have become a cult phenomenon in Canada. The three main characters; Ricky, Julian and Bubbles, even threw out the first pitch at the opening game for the Toronto Blue Jays. If you havn't seen this show, or if it's not available in your part of the states look it up. And while I don't advocate illegal downloading, if you are so inclined, I recommend the Trailer Park Boys well worth the time spent in jail....Hell, your cellmate could easily be one of these pathological misfits.

I know this thread is old but I didn't get a chance to reply, and I wanted to give it some attention.

I own all 4 seasons and have seen the fifth. This show is as funny as Chapelle Show and everyone should watch it at 9:00 on Showcase. I love the plots and all the characters, as I can relate to it all. Trailer Park boys is a must see, and its also on BBC if you don't get showcase,

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I've watched it a few times, I think it's pretty funny..
for some reason, my wife doesn't get it..

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Gawd this show is funny, I'm kind of disappointed with the new season though, it seems too "forced". When they first started they really didn't give a # and thats what made it so funny but now that they are popular and famous they seem to lack that edge they had in Season 1.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Trailer Park Boys seasons 1 through 5 plus The Movie & Christmas special.

This is a Bittorrent web site

www2.digitaldistractions.org:8080...

[edit on 9/7/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Trailer Park Boys is one of my favourites. Excellent show.
So many good running gags & funny ideas.

I'm sorry to say I only noticed it on Paramount Comedy channel here in the UK on satellite pretty late on, I saw the end of season 4 and all of 5; so thanks a million for the bittorrent link mate!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Best. Show. Ever.

I own all seasons (Well, downloaded) and I watch them every now and again. I think it's the funniest show on TV.

Jim (the drunk TP supervisor) plays one of the funniest characters i've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That show is hilarious! You guys don't know what you are missing. My favorite one is when the find Conky in the swamp. I was ROTFLMAO! They are turning it into a movie soon and shipping it down to the states.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yeah trailer park boys is great..didn't like it much before but after toking a few back with some friends and some booze..started to realize how funny it was!

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Trailer park boys is one of the funniest shows On TV, alot of people consider it a waste of Airtime i dont get it. The writers for this show dont have an easy job, some of the stuff they come up with is just histarical. The show is filmed in Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada). I Dont live far from their and have had friends see these guys in person. In person these people dont look much different then they do on the show (minus bubbles and those glasses) lol. I hope people appreciate the job these guys are doing and realize this isnt stupid slapstick comedy, the writers sit down and work hard at this show and it has exploded over the last 2 seasons.

Although I hope they pick it up for Season 6, 5 didnt compare to the last. They gota start filming more then 8 episodes as well, Id love to see a 20 episode season.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Love the Trailer Park Boys.

In Australia it's on cable about midnight,but it's definitely worth staying up for.

Bubbles has to be one of the great TV characters,it must be a headache wearing those glasses though.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Its a local show for us here, and I've heard several stories of how his eyes are getting bad actually from wearing the ?Coke Bottles? LOL all day. Hopefully it does not hurt the show

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Tears streamed down my cheeks, frozen in convulsive laughter, I had seen my first bit of TPB. I am from Canada, yet was too thick to notice that it was Canadian. The money gave it away. I was impressed at how good it was, and had assumed it was not Canadian because of how good it was.
If profanity offends you, do not watch it. Every third word is f***. Also, if you do not like dark humour, it is not for you. These guys buy pot from the police, get little kids to steal for them, smoke, drink, cuss, and of course, in the end, they get busted every time. It is not for everyone. I find it less offensive than SouthPark, though, and funnier. I grew up with these guys, not them personally, but characters who would fit right in at Sunnyvale. That is probably why I find it so funny. It is all too real, like the stupidity of their plans to get rich quick with a few simple crimes, which then go totally wrong because it is so stupid, and also because they can't even follow their own plans.
One episode saw Ricky kidnap Alex Lifeson, then keep asking him to play 'I Like to Rock.' ...... anyone who gets the humour in that knows a bit about Canadian Rock and Roll.... Lifeson plays guitar for Rush, who don't do that song....
Bubbles appears at first to be the 'slow' one, but after watching it a few times, I find he is the voice of reason, and instead the most thoughtful member of the troupe.
Hooray for TPB, which I find the funniest show since the likes of The Simpsons, Monty Python, and Soap.
Post Script: They are also in a music video by The Tragically Hip.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Excellent.

The new series (season 5) of TPB started on Paramount on Sky satellite TV in the UK this week; the boys are out of jail and the fun begins again.

(I don't want to spoil anything for anyone; it's only 2 shows in now but there have been some top moments.
Julian reduced to wandering around in prison always with a glass of water was a welcome return of the running visual gag but top moment for me was when the boys ripped off Cyrus and Ricky asked his dad if they could stash a few grams of dope - resin - at his place.......as they stacked several kilo bars around his place)

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
One of my favorite running "gags" on the show is how each season ends and begins. Each season begins witht the TPBs getting out of jail and, of course, each season ends with the boys ending up in jail after their "well thought out plans go awry.

Another great shtick is the monologue that often accompanies the TPBs when they get out of jail. Ricky and Julian go on and on how it really isn't so bad in jail. You know, they have plenty of friends and the weed in jail is good and plentiful. However on the last time they were in jail, they had a pretty tough time in spite of all of their buddies and all of that great weed, it seems that smoking cigarettes is no longer allowed in jail and that makes it simply intolerable. Hilarious when you watch it.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I notice during the show that the brand name of everything is blurred out,liquor,potato chips,last night I noticed even the brand of the tyres on the cars were blurred out.

Is this a legal requirement in Canadian TV shows or is it just that manufacturers don't want to be associated with the Trailer Park Boys due to the bad behaviour they exhibit?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Far Out Man
I notice during the show that the brand name of everything is blurred out,liquor,potato chips,last night I noticed even the brand of the tyres on the cars were blurred out.

Is this a legal requirement in Canadian TV shows or is it just that manufacturers don't want to be associated with the Trailer Park Boys due to the bad behaviour they exhibit?

I noticed the effect that you mentioned; the logos on chips or cans of pop are blurred. Logos on, as you mentioned tires and all sorts of products are deliberately blurred out. One might get the idea that this is some sort of legal requirement but they also, if you might notice, blur out he face of cats that might be in the shot. I think they do it simply because its funny. It's almost a mimicry of the blurred face shots of the "innocent" on shows like COPS.

The director, the writers and the actors on TPB are among the cutting edge of humor in media. They are so off the wall and yet, I am almost ashamed to admit, I actually know people "like this".

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I agree with Tyrant;
I have watched every episode of TPB and loved them all. I believe certain items are blurred out as a comedic strategy. The show is meant to be considered as a serious reality show of actual people. We all know this is not the case, but the guys are not meant to play charachters. In any live cops show the items are blurred, so i believe this to be the case here. If your ever at a Price Chopper in Novia Scotia, Canada someday. Keep an eye out for bubbles stealin some shopping carts lol

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Series 5 of TPB finished in the UK (on Paramount Comedy channel on Sky satellite TV) on friday 30.09.2005.
They didn't let us down and once again the boys (but not Bubbles this time) end up back in jail as you just knew they had to.
I thought it was great, easily better than series 4 (which I really liked).

Starting mon 03.10.2005 Paramount has just started running series 1!
It picks up right where the first pilot/movie ended.
I was pleasantly surprised to see all of the cast in their usual roles right from the off (but all looking so much younger of course).

Hopefully they are going to run through them all as I missed series 1 - 3.

Blumming brilliant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join