It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie "They Live" with Rowdy Roddy Piper

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My favorite was always the Macho Man, Randy Savage!!

"Oh yeah"!!

Cause he hung out with Ms. Elizabeth of course...Schwing!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've seen wrestling live dozens of times at MSG. It's sometimes obvious from some of the dark matches (non televised fights featuring much newer talent) that the guys aren't really punching each other etc. Stomping on the floor for noise and effect blah blah. But there is definitely some painful stuff going on in there. Also, it's a lot more high risk nowadays. With the exception of Jimmy Snuka, no one was jumping from those heights back in the day, and flipping over stuff and who knows what else. Choke slams off 10 foot stages, Mick Foley being thrown 20 feet off a cage. I don't care how fake anyone thinks it is, that HAS TO HURT.

Transferring that to a movie screen is a different story. Some wrestlers would probably have the movie charisma of a plastic tree. But some are truly great. In many of the events I've been to at the Garden, The Rock has ad-libbed after the show. That guy has the personality it takes to become a real celebrity. Has good size too, and can do stunts well. I'm actually looking forward to his new movie. I just hope his movie career goes better than Hogan's. No Holds Barred, and that movie with him being an alien, and one with him being in a ballerina suit... PLEEEEEEEEASE.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Banshee, I said Rey, just don't know how to spell the last name. And sorry about the Benoit(Toothless Aggression baby!) and Ryhno. Also forgot Kevin Nash, Vader, Jimmy Snooka, Crash, and so many others out there can't name them.

I still love the it all fake stuff. I don't care, you jump of the top rope and do a move onto the concret, it will hurt! Fake chair. It is metal, it hit the guy, seems pretty real to me. Yes, the newer, not trained talent or the pretty boys stomp their feet, or take blows to the head with their hands, but the others, never seen Taker or Big Show or Crash take a boot to Face with their hands.

Hulk Hogan is a legend in movies, tv, and wrestling. A-Team!!!! HM Murdock, B.A. Baracus, Hannibal, The Face, and Hulk Hogan save a orphanage(sp?) from money grabbing greedy land people.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hulk Hogan was on Walker Texas Ranger once. As a guy running a gym or something and they kidnap him. So some kids save him and they're about to kick the hell out of the bad guy and he's all "No don't hurt him, it's not worth it, blah blah. We have to make peace." Such a letdown!

Also, back to the topic at hand, I think it's really sad that piper got booted... he was VERY entertaining and I grew up watching his humor on tv.

[Edited on 7-28-2003 by Djarums]

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Can i rent it at Block Busters? I've never seen it.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
btw, anyone catch Macho Man's latest appearance? The Bonesaw in Spiderman. Yep, He's put on some size in his later years .. I had heard somewhere that his wife, Ms. Elizabeth was dead but hadn't got the details. Anyone know?

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
astrocreep

Ms Elizabeth gurgled to death in front of her live-in lover (insert Lex Luger's real name here).

She was on medication and drinking.

He didn't save her.

I'm not sure if he has been exonerated.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The last I heard, he had been arrested for illegal drugs found on the premesis when they searched the day after her death. Suspicion was that she was on said drugs when she died.

Seems that Lex had a tendency to beat her, and had been previously arrested for domestic violence. I dont remember what happened with it, but I think they were initially investigating Lex for murder/poisoning of her.

They played the 911 tape of Lex calling, and he sounded like he was well lit at the time too.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Looks like some of the poster's in here will get their wish...I read on IMDB that they areremaiking " They Live" it is set for release in 2011...this time around they should alot better special effect's although i hope they dont change the plot of the story cause i do feel that whether it be,a cabal,an underground society,or a groupe of shapeshifting reptilians that the media does persuade people to live and think a certain way.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Banshee

Like a lot of Carpenter's movies, I enjoyed "They Live"...

I wouldn't say they were the best movies ever made, but they entertain...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

For your viewing pleasure

They Live

Google Video Link

[edit on 13-7-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Yeah, should be there (Blockbusters)... Probably in the horror/sci-fi section. Has a very Icke-like idea (reptoids)...and likely before his stuff (never really bothered to check the dates)....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join