It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Message Detection Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I pose this question to anyone that has any knoledge of audio subliminal messaging..

If i were to take a recording of an audio file that may potentially have subliminal messages in it, and play it back listening carefully for the messages... would i be able to hear the subliminal messages if i listened close enough? or are the messages below the audible threshold for humans?

If the messages are below the audible threshold, is there anyway that i can verify the subliminal messages are actually embedded in the audio file? Thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I personally know two experts in subliminal messaging, and have some of their products, I can barely hear some of the messages.

My guess is that with Adobe Audition you can isolate the messages.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Yvan eht nioj..
Yvan eht nioj..
Yvan eht nioj
NIOJ!!

If your in a mess
You'll come around
And you'll sing it again
Yvan eht NIOJ!!

Yvan eht nioj..
Yvan eht nioj..
Yvan eht nioj..
NIOJ!!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
lmfao, classic simpsons episode!

and as for Adobe Audition, ill have to give that a shot. ill see if i can download a trial somewhere. but you said that the messages are ust barely audible, but you can still hear them. If you were to give that CD to someone that had no idea the messages were on there, do you think that they would consiously realize that the messages are there, or is it even too quiet for that?

The reason i ask is because a friend of mine recently got into subliminal messages, and he burned me a CD by The Mars Volta. I am curious to see if he superimposed the CD onto some subliminal messages to test them out himself, and i would also like to know what audio level the messages should be at compared to the music, so that i can create some of my own for my own personal use.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have created several different tracks by overlaying music on top of a repetative message. The message repeats "I want to read that letter" and i have typed up a mock letter, with an explanation at the end of the letter that they were under the influence of subliminal messages.

My plan was to leave the letter on the dashboard of my car, and when i picked up my friends, i would have these tracks playing on the CD i burned for some of them, and compare the numbers i record. I wanted to create come kind of test to learn the approximate audio levels i would need to create an effective subliminal message.

Does anyone see a flaw in this test? If you have a better idea, i would love to hear it. Thanks for the input.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
COOL!!

Do it and tell us how it goes!!!!!

heck, if I had the means, I would do it, but mine would say "i need to pick my nose" and over again. hehehe that would be so much fun.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
chances are that you DO infact have the means. I created a super quick and sloppy one that actually worked using only microsoft sound recorder. Here are the basic steps needed to create your own subliminal message using microsoft sound recorder.
1. record your favorite song onto this first window.
2. open another recorder window and record a phrase that you want programmed into your mind that is about one to two sentences long. copy what you have recorded, and insert paste it at the end of the file so that it is just about the same length of your song.
3. take your voice and reduce volume by 25% in the menu. keep reducing volume until it will be barely audible when your song is played at the same time.

**Once you are happy with both your song and message, save them both**

4. on your message window, put the time slider at the begining.
5. click on the menu that says "mix with file" and click on your song file. This will mix the song file in with the much quieter message file.
6. save this new mixed file as your subliminal message file, and there you have it! your very own custom subliminal messages.

If anyone has questions about this method, you U2U me and i will be happy to help you out.

Note* you may have to play around with the audio levels of both the song and the message to get a working subliminal message file

Note* these instructions were given for your own personal use. I am not responsible for anything you do with these instructions, albeit used on yourself, or on another person

I would much rather make my own messages as opposed to buying a message CD or something similar because for one, its much cheaper, and two i know EXACTLY what is going on the CD!! HAVE FUN!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
hehehehehe Im gonna have so much fun!! thanks for the info. If I get that audio program I just might have to u2u you for some more info. Im not very computer literate.

I know....I will make one for my boys that says I need to clean my room, I need to do dishes........YIPPIE how fun.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
seriously though, I have been wanting to quit smoking for some time now. Nothing has realy worked. Since I listen to music all the time, maybe I can try making one that will help me quit. Worth a shot. Thanks for the idea and the info.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
if you are running any version of windows, you will already have this program in your computer.

you may have a different version, but try this... click on Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder

The path should be either that or something similar, provided you are running windows, which almost every computer uses windows these days...

EDIT: wanted to make sure that the
was not directed to the previous post, it was directed towards the fact that nearly all computer use windows these days

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Demonic Aura]

new topics

top topics

join