It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post/View Drawn Futuristic Colonies or Alien Cities!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I thought it would be interesting to see what other people imagine when they think "alien city" or "futurisitc colony" Heck post any pic along those lines. However, they have to be hand made... use whatever u can paint, photoshop, scan a sketch, whatever. I used paint, and mine is a little on the bad side, kinda looks like some star wars thing to lol. after u make the pic, describe it a little to, so if its really out there it makes sense

ps. u can only make fun of mine once u post a pic lol

Mine was done in Paint, so dont think it cant be done, it will just look like mine, unless ur unbelievable with paint lol, but who cares, its all bout putting ur thoughts onto the screen

Description: this is some colony that is now living in the skies above earth. As you can see the air is dirty from much pollution and has thus made us move to the skies. our bubbles have long poles sticking out from the bottom that lock into energizers on the ground that regenerate the buble cities, once regenerated they float back up above the dark clouds, where sunlight can be seen. oh yeh and those 2 things are helocopters on the airport thingy lol

img254.echo.cx...

[edit on 26-4-2005 by tondo]

[edit on 26-4-2005 by tondo]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Heres mine... its kind of bad even though i made it in photoshop... it started out nice and then i decided to stop making everything perfect... but it gets my point out.

img258.echo.cx...

Description: on some unknown planet... the bluish stuff at the top is a solar panel used to harvest the energy from the amazingly strong star located near the planet, and yes its efficient
. The spheres are multipurpose buildings that are stackable. the ones on the far right are command posts and the top one is the top command post of the colony and has a larger viewing area so they can view the military and other such activity in their colony. The thin black lines are support for the building [the gravity on the planet is much less than ours so it doesnt have to be huge support] The domes on the left are: low=working and manufacturing. medium = comfort and relax areas + stores. high = sleeping and living quarters. the white lines are support and the black lines are like bridges between each sphere. thats a tarmac at the bottom but its primarily used for vertical takeoff not horizontal but that green net thing in the middle is just incase there is a horizontal landing that goes crazy and protects it from the launchpad. on the launch pad is an amazingly well drawn futuristic rocket that is used to supply the space station and bring up materials for in space assembly of rockets or spaceships... yea the solar panels arent the only source of power... there is a futuristic reactor nearby to supply more power. but i cant tell you what type of powerplant it is because its BEYOND above top secret... yea

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
nice post lawler, really creative. guess no one else has any good ideas

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thanks tondo,

I think you went a little overboard with the spraypaint in paint but overall it looks good, i bet if we both tried and took a long time we could get something that looks a lot like some true concept art or computer graphics... well i hope someone posts something new because i would really like to see everyone elses ideas about future colonization in space.

join