It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Poll: Half of Americans now say Bush misled the country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In a Gallup poll released THIS MORNING, more and more Americans are saying that they believe their government misled them into believing that Iraq has WMD prior to the invasion. This as a result of a recent presidential commision report faulting the U.S. intelligence community as "dead wrong" in its findings.

www.editorandpublisher.com
NEW YORK Half of all Americans, exactly 50%, now say the Bush administration deliberately misled Americans about whether Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, the Gallup Organization reported this morning.

"This is the highest percentage that Gallup has found on this measure since the question was first asked in late May 2003," the pollsters observed. "At that time, 31% said the administration deliberately misled Americans. This sentiment has gradually increased over time, to 39% in July 2003, 43% in January/February 2004, and 47% in October 2004."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is another in a series of polls that are not positive for the Bush administration. Seems like more and more Americans are questioning why they are in Iraq. I was not able to find this anywhere in the mainstream media though. Enough said I guess.

Related News Links:
www.gallup.com

[edit on 26/4/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
People are getting upset about the economy and the gas prices, on top of that the deficit keeps growing and the president wants more money.

Yes I saw the polls today and about a 60 percent is not happy with the economy.

Most people blame it to the Iraqi war.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Where did you read/hear about it Marg? I did a google search as a result of getting it thru information clearing house and there was nada in the big media... and I thought "typical."

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Very, Very, Very old news. Already covered.

53% of Americans say the war in Iraq was not worth it

[edit on 4/26/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I guess because it is new it is news- but people were like this before Kerry ran.

It only 'gets worser and worser.'

Did you see Bush holding hands with an Arab?

PTS thread

Sorry, but how does a cowboy explain this?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

'Did you see Bush holding hands with an Arab? '

Oh heavens forbid Bush holds hand with an Arab! I mean those people are dirty, he's going to need to wash his hands after that one!

What does that picture have to do with Bush misleading our country. Saudi Arabia in not Iraq. But yea...note to self, never touch an Arab person as the country might believe that I'm misleading them.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I guess "what happens in Texas, stays in Texas," nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Alwayslearning CNN poll I don't know if is on their page yet usually they will post it on the site by the next day, any news from today.

Yes people are not happy with the cost of the war.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Published: April 26, 2005 11:45 AM ET

NEW YORK Half of all Americans, exactly 50%, now say the Bush administration deliberately misled Americans about whether Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, the Gallup Organization reported this morning.

How is that Simulacra...when the Gallup org reported these findings this morning?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Because I covered the same exact story six days ago when the Gallup polls were released. Follow the link above in my prior post. This thread should be closed.

EDIT: Well the story I covered said that War was not 'worth it'. I guess it's different. My bad.

[edit on 4/26/2005 by Simulacra]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
this is a different poll as far as I can see! A poll that whose results were revealed this morning...the article is dated today.

I dunno...but I do believe there is a not-so-subtle difference between people saying that the Iraq War was "not worth it", and them believing that they were deliberately misled.

Whatever

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hey! I told you all through 2003 that Bush had misled Congress and the citizens of the USA! This is not news! (Brilliant news analysis rides again at ATSNN.)

[/sarcasm]

What is the implication of "exactly 50%" now believing that Bush misled the country? What will be the implication when over 70% believe it? What does it matter?

While the imposter POTUS holds steadfast to the view that international and judicial connections and spurious Executive Orders covering his tracks on criminal activity are enough to protect him from justice, worse may be yet to come. He did not receive electoral justice in 2004 and criminal justice could be some ways off. But we know that it will happen. (wink wink, nudge nudge).

You heard it first at ATSNN.

This is MaskedAvatar, contributor, signing off from thread number 136729.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You're right MA! I don't think anything will happen in the balance of his term, even though hopefully more and more Americans will realize that the wool was pulled over their eyes. I am hoping, however, that BushCo. will end up in nice cozy digs (read behind bars) when they leave the Whitehouse. And I mean the whole stinkin' lot of them Bush-Cheney-Wolfowitz-Perle-Rumsfeld-Rice-Powell.

They shouldn't expect a cake with a file in it from moi.

Night-nite to you too, buddy!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Waiting to hear from Seekerof....

Where for art thou?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I give up submitting articles as its a waste of time: 2 no "repeat" votes, 2 no bias votes, 2 no credibility votes

This article hasn't appeared anywhere else in the mainstream media, I did a google search:

Search

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I love how Americans complain about their ridiculously cheap gas prices while i'm paying US$4 to $5 for a gallon at the pump
you americans have nothing to complain about lol

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
dgtempe?
Did anyone ever tell you anything about eating with the same oversized spoon that your stirring my name into this pot topic with?

You should feel proud.... napkin?

Personally, as I have stated a number of times within my time here at ATS, polls don't mean squat, especially to a President that is serving his last term in office as POTUS.

Btw: was the poll taken in the red states or in the blue states?

seekerof

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I can't say for sure but I'd say the poll was taken in the red states, because most in the blue states were far too far smart to fall for this load of horse poopie in the first place!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Smug?
What?
I forgot to use the sarcasm smiley. Dern.

Yeah, that might be the case, but I highly doubt it.
Here's a thought though: If the gas prices weren't as they are, or as Marg so claims, the economy wasn't so "bad," what would those Gallop poll numbers read like?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
werts, sarcasm and all.

<<   2 >>

join