It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Carnage in The White Mountains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have a friend that used to, and most likely still hikes up in the white mountains around vermont and new hamshire mostly. I perfectly remember him telling me this story after returning from a trip early one day. Off the bat i knew something was different because he came home early, second he was a little shook up. He began telling me about how his first night started, first with setting the tent up, blah blah blah, then sleep came. I think he was with a couple other people, so they are talking and getting ready for bed, when they hear some wierd sounds. The sound gets louder and louder, but he couldnt make it out. seconds later a hurd of animals fly past the tent, he said it seemed like tiny critters first then some larger ones, possibly deer. after the passing of the animals, he could hear a loud roar, followed by moaning of somesort. basically he said he could hear animals dieing and a larger, over powring sound above the deathly sounds. he didnt think it was a bear, beecause bears have a distint roar, he said this one was diff. he couldnt run so he and the others just lay still, with all lights off. from the sound of thihngs, it seemed as though they were off in the distance, but making a run for it was stupid 1) pitch black 2) even flashlights wouldnt help running back down the trail becasuse of roots, windy path, just not smart 3) better chance whatever was out there would hear them. the sounds eventually stopped and they stayed alert the whoile night. THANK GOD I WASNT THERE!!! in the morning, the left the campsite, packing, and being vary cautios, seeing that it was day they began to hike towards the sounds, and actually quite quickly came upon a field. In the field they found the remains of deer, squirrels, and other rodents, however it wasnt this pleasent. legs were lying around, torn off, internal organs and the insides of animals were laying on rocks, and so forth.... didnt look to tasty, not that dead animals are ever tasty. right after this, he said he just almost jogged or quickly spurted from the scene, hiking down the trail. when they finaly reached bottom, safe with their car, and other people around, they asked bystanders if they knew anytrhing, and no one knew. when he got home he called some officials, it might have been the offices of the kangamangus highway (dont know if i spelt it right, but its a long highay stretch through new hamshire) or some other wildlife thingy... whatever it was they said they had never heard of this and that they would go check it out. then he came to me, ending the story. Personally i have no clue what it could have been. Bear?? dont think so, dont really see how a bear or group of bears could do something like that, plus the creature (s) didnt make bear sounds as my friend reported

Ive got another one that fits under this category (i dont feel like doing a double post) At a camp i used to go to, i built a relationship with one of the trip leaders. he was a family friend, hes father was a friend of mine... and so on. well he was an avid hiker and did a lot of hiking throughout the year and used to tell me stories. well this is the one i remember most. he was hiking with his girlfriend i think and spotted a large animal, didnt really look like a bear, but was big, however there was something wierd about the situation, it was hovering over a fallen moose. now i know for sure moose are hard to take down, i mean, if u havnt search on the internet for some pics of what moose do to cars when they are hit lol... well he and his gf backtrack to the hut, i forget which one, was either a hut (for u non hikers, places where hikers stay over night) or cabin of wildlife worker. He tlaks to the guy and suprisingly he comes back out with a shotgun, the man with the gun asks my friend where was this and he takes him to the spot. the moose was gone, as well as the "creature" so they vear off the trail into a field and come upon a trail. now i dont know about u but i wouldnt want to go into a cave when some random creature is walking around, but they did. inside they found bones, and to cots. COTS??? when i ehard this i was like "huh?!?!?!" if this was linked to the creature, idk but the guy with the gun sure did, seemed liek he had a grudge agaiunst it or something, why else would he spurt up out of the cabin "with a shotgun" and demandingly say, where did u see it. hey never found it, and my firend was smart enough not to stay to find out. idk what to make sense of these two events, but they sure as hell where hair raisers when my friends told them to me. BIG FOOT??? RABID-HUINTER-MAN??? CHUPACABRA (haha no, dont arnt they speculated to live in fla... w/e) ANGRY GUERILLA??? whatever it is, idk but thought u guys and gals here at ATS would find this interesting.

ps anyone gotss any other stories like mine, they are def interesting!

[edit on 26-4-2005 by tondo]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Whereabouts in NH did this take place?

Did he report this incident to the Forestry?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i said around cangumangus highway maybe, most likely in the white mountain range of NH or NH/VERMONT border... sry that i dont have the exact whereabouts down, i just really started posting and this happened some time ago... i wish i remembered the mountain... ugh

and i really dont know who he told, it might have been that club in NH, ugh... forget the name, my grandfather belongs to it, and its like "homebase" is at some building near mt washington, actually the building is where many trails to get to the peak originate, like tuckermans revine, and a few others

or some wildlife thing, i havnt seen him in a while, so i really dont klnow

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow... those are some pretty interesting stories, and pretty darn creepy too. I'd probably flip out if that ever happened near me... oh **** i live in Rhode Island... well i guess i am going to need to buy a gun to protect myself with if i ever go in the woods up there

Very odd second story... what animals can take down a moose... Bears... Yeti?... i bet you it was the angry guerilla that somehow was flown up to that forest and killed the moose

hopefully you can find out what it was that killed those animals.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Dude's in a tent, and see's animals, just like in a cartoon, from slal to big come FLYIN past, haulin animal ass, and he hears something, so he rushes home, shakin?

Crack kills.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousID
Dude's in a tent, and see's animals, just like in a cartoon, from slal to big come FLYIN past, haulin animal ass, and he hears something, so he rushes home, shakin?

Crack kills.

Wow i wish I knew what you were saying lol, oh well... sure u arnt doin a lil crack???

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You couldn't read plain ass english?
You really are on the rock.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This sounds a little bit Blair Witch Project to me, maybe he was telling you a campfire story and you mistook him for being serious? It could have been a bear. Some of those things get freakishly huge.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Not that I dont beleive you, but the first account sunds like the film Dreamcatcher when all the critters run past a log cabin. I think they were trying to escape aliens or something.

Oh, and the second account kinda sounds like Harry Potter. When the figure is bending over the corpse of an animal.

I do beleive you, but I just had to point out these similarities. (its probably just me though!!)

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i heard someone tell me the same exact first story 12 years ago at a camp site. they ended it a bit different and made it a bit more dramatic, but same exact thing. my guess is he was pulling your chain on the first one.

second one....yeti maybe?? crazy neanderthal still living in the woods...who knows.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
In the second story the moose could have already been dead. Or, it could have been sick or gimpy and as a result easier to take down.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
yeh i seemed as skeptic as u guys to on the first one, but when my friend was still stunned the following days i was like #, this really happened... i also could tell u guys would be like that, but oh well lol

top topics

join