It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is my point count going down everytime I post?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
My uber top secret sources tell me the site is on low bandwith mode due to a huge increase in traffic...or so they say.....

UKW,
, you must have really good sources.

If memory serves, this is the first time ATS has been on low bandwidth since moving to the new server.
I noticed earlier today it took a very long time to post replies or go to new pages. It's much faster on lowbandwidth.

Remember the old server, being on band width frequently? The server couldn't keep up with the traffic?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Low bandwidth would remove avatars, no?

That was my understanding anyway.

My guess is that the code is being reworked, or the entire points system is being scrapped.

Does this issue deserve its own thread? (I was thinking of starting one, out of curiosity)

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Actually, the best approach would be to have the mods and supermods perform an evaluation to see which posts espouse ideas that agree with mine.

If they're "Off_the_Streetable", they will get normal points (unless they are outright groveling, in which case they get a bonus); but anyone whose posts disagree with me would have the point count decremented.

I will discuss this further with the mods and supermods, and notify you of when it happens.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join