It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret UK Military Facilities?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Does anyone know of the whereabouts of any secret UK military bases!

Theres been alot of searching of US bases using Googles mapping service and was planning on doing the same sort of thing for the UK.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Have you tried Alan Turbull's Secret Bases site?

It's the most comprehensive guide to UK 'secret bases' and contains many aerial photos and maps. It may take a while to load on dial-up, but no longer than a few minutes.

It's well worth the wait.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

zero lift

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the help!

Got broadband so didnt have to wait that long!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As I mentioned in the wrong thread , try checking out the super secret US base in Pine Gap.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

As I mentioned in the wrong thread , try checking out the super secret US base in Pine Gap.

Will do!

Whats supposed to be there???

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The most secret military bases in uk are in SCOTLAND. Trust me i know alot about this subject. And strangely enough one base located near fife has more secret`s to reveal than AREA 51. I know shocking isn`t it! Please peoples do the research.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We know its a satelite relay base above ground for encrypted transmissions from the ISS and Military satelite data.

But below ground it has an Area51/Dulce shadow, though rumours can't be accepted as fact.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Quite right DALLAS, it can`t always be accepted as fact. But you heard it from me first! All i am saying is dig a little deeper, literally, seek and you will find.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
just how "secret" can a secret base be if someone knows about it? I'm not trying to be funny but it's a serious question. I wonder about security on these so-called secret bases when rumor, inuendo and simple speculation often pin points such bases. Could this all be a form of red herring which concentrates researcher efforts towards innocuous, mundane facilities when the most secret work is often done in relative, "plain sight" by civilian industry under military aegis.

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
One of the good things about the British is that they don't go overboard with security like the Americans do. For example, if there's a base there in plain sight, they won't deny it exists. They just won't comment on operations within it.

n3t

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
does anyone have any good sites or info relating to Pine Gap facility in Aus. i'd be really interested as i live in AUS.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
hardly secret but my uncle works at Faslane near Helensburgh, and my dad used to work at Coulport, home of the Tridents, went a tour of an aircraft carrier there once

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Don't think the UK has secret bases its to small for anything to be kept secret. What we do have is Mendwith Hill and GCHQ spying on everyone,i think these are mainly controlled by the US. Apparently they listen to all known forms of communication so they can catch terrorists, i think they must be asleep most of the time. Another technology that has proved useless. doh

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
hi all,

filingdales in north yorkshire is another one of those 'listening posts' that can monitor all the radio communication in europe and such.

interestingly, for conspiracy types, it also listens in to space. ostensibly this is to monitor 'space debris'.
and it's part of the seti project i think;

www.inseti.com...

not really secret, but does it need to be to be?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Do the RAF still operate from Boscombe Down?

I heard of loads of stuff going on with USAF 'black' aircraft there and was wondering if the base was still operational???

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
oops, should be spelt fylingdales! a google search for 'fylingdale sightings' will bring up accounts of every UFO,or suspected UFO, they ever tracked.

Also, alan turnbull does not seem to have the scammonden site on his list. though this is only a suspected base being investigated recently:

www.ufology.org.uk...

scammonden is also a UFO hotspot.....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MickeyDee

yes but its not exactly secret although there are some odd things that occur round the surrounding areas. For example their was a jet that crashed into a hillside at one of the nearby towns in the base area that seeemd to fizzle out of local news a bit too fast. I recently visited one of the beaches near some warehouses surrounded by watchtowers and camera nests with a high electric fence, anyway i was taking some photos of the base which prompted 2 patrol boats and a helicopter to fly overhead. I know all this cus i live within 5 miles of it. It is called Faslane there is also another one called coulport right acrosss the water.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
www.undergroundkent.co.uk...

ment to add this is a good site

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Oliver C Roberts]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Woodford (near Manchester) where they have underground hangars which store Projects such as UAV and other Black Projects. The Site is also a Maintenance base/emergency runway for "Aurora."
Famously given away when one of the aircraft departing Woodford almost collided with a inbound Manchester 737 over the Goyt Valley.

Warton is the top base in the Northwest however for the Black Projects such as Predator, Aurora, unmanned Traingle Carrier UAV craft and other UAV vehicles. Also rumored to have a crashed UFO from the Sheffield Incident stored at the base. Operations are conducted always at night, and again most recent "incidents" include a near-collision with the POL-hill mast which saw debris of a craft scattered on the hillside near Bolton.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by ROBL240]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm not sure the current status of bomscombe down but they did do testing of experimental aircraft. I was in the air cadets and we used to ocasionally fly there and all I can say is that the security was tight. Even on sundays lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join