It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The fog behind the curtain"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have seen past the veil and know that we are in a dreamers dream dreaming.Those who have seen this know what I am talking about.Our world is nothing more than a big dream we are living.Our purpose is to reawaken in it and know we are creators of the big dream. Those that have a high enough awareness have seen this world is not as it seems.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Is that supposed to be anything more meaningful than 'those who agree with me agree with me and we are cosmically correct"??

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
He's talking cryptically, but what he says does make sense. The world around us is an illusion. And we can create any experiences we want in it if we know how to. The people that really know that and know how to do that, are less than a minority.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So am I dreaming you all, or are you all dreaming me?

watch "waking life".... it is a really cool deep movie...
about living in a dream you create...

or research "the holographic universe" a great book that examines the same concept scientifically/philosophically

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
He's talking cryptically, but what he says does make sense. The world around us is an illusion.

Well, I object to solipsism, but more importantly, i object to the idea that 'average' people can't 'figure it out' and that if anyone disagrees, that its because they 'just don't get it'

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Bandit 795, YOU READ CORRECTLY:Well done,Those who have seen the world as it is with no props have already unveiled something in themselves.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm going to buy The "holographic Universe" book in the future, should make for some interesting reading.

And Nygdan, he's not claiming that average people can't figure it out or any kind of exclusivity. IMO everyone is able to view more of what the Universe really is (Astral projection for example), but that doesn't mean that the one is better because of what his or her vision of the reality is.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
"You my friend see things just as they are and never what they tried to be"

I found a diamond in the rough! Thanks again, TheBandit795 I will be looking forward to talking more with you and others.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I agree that we have a very warped perception of reality. Or should I say that What we think is reality is not. What it is, is anyones guess. But the leaps being made in physics and other scientific arenas tells me we obviously are missing the real picture; except the few that can look past society's world view and see the truth, or rather, parts of the truth.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
He mades a good point, yes we are living in "dream" but the dream is more of a stage in which we have roles, roles that we chose to play before we were even here.

That is why is feels like a dream to some and unnatural because everything has been rehearsed before.

Now if you decide on trying to get into the reality of this dream life, then I will warn you, some people tend to lose their mind when they knows to much and fight it.

We all go with the flow and at the end of our roles or "dreams" we are awaken to our reality world to analyze what we have learned from the experiences.

"life is nothing but a dream"

[edit on 26-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ahh the whole matrix theory. I have read a few things along these lines, and do find it a bit intriguing. I have read similar quotes “those who find out what’s really going on can’t go back. It may drive you crazy etc. etc.”

Well I would love to take up that challenge. See if I could handle the truth. Would anyone care to elaborate on how I may find the truth to this fictional world we all live in? I would love to see if I have the intellect to handle it.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"Life is a dream on your way to death"
-The Crow

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
"Life is a dream on your way to death"
-The Crow

Thats my advice on how to "wake up" from this dreamland we all live in?

Not trying to bash you, but I would love some honest advice from the belivers of this hidden knowledge!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I find this topic interesting. I agree with the philosophy that we create the world we live in and that it is all about perception.

It parallels nicely with my views on human society. In truth, the bottom line of physical life is survival. The world of economics and politics do play a part in this but essentially, it is an man-made illusion covering the true nature of this world.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The actions that we take affect other people, unlike in dreams. Sometimes perception of this world can be rather dreamlike, but consequences in this world are real.

"If I destroy the world with nukes, what do I care? The world is my sandbox and I'll be dead anyways. Life is but a dream."

This type of thinking is dangerous and childish. The world is more of a "shared illusion" or "shared hallucination" than a dream.

You would probably enjoy the movie "Vanilla Sky."

Zip

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Once you can align our world as it truly is,this of course being the spiritual realm.You will see that the other world coincides with this one.Things happen in the spiritual realm before they manifest into our physical reality.You will have to search deep and hard to find truths.And yes some are thought to have gone mad.But how many perspectives are out there?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oh, I've gotta align this world with the spiritual realm, eh? Yeah, that gets out of whack sometimes. Okay, lemme just go find my spiritual world alignment kit and get to work.

Zip

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Zipdot,I love your sense of humor/personality.Spirit will guide those who are receptive.The key is to know when it shows itself.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
The actions that we take affect other people, unlike in dreams. Sometimes perception of this world can be rather dreamlike, but consequences in this world are real.

"If I destroy the world with nukes, what do I care? The world is my sandbox and I'll be dead anyways. Life is but a dream."

This type of thinking is dangerous and childish. The world is more of a "shared illusion" or "shared hallucination" than a dream.

You would probably enjoy the movie "Vanilla Sky."

Zip

This is very true. Depending on your philosophical views on life, the spiritual meaning to life is to learn from experience. If people were to have the attitude of disregard for the well-being of others, there would be no progress in our spiritual lives.

I am not sure that your post was in response to mine but if it was I would like to make it known that I did not intend to portray a "what do I care" view and would like to make a distinction between this view and my own. My post on the illusions of the man made world was mean to be a commentary on people's dependance on society and how it has caused them to fall out of beat with the natural processes of this world. People often become so caught up in this illusions that they create that they can't see anything else.

If the post was not in response to mine, then I appologize for babbling on.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
Once you can align our world as it truly is,this of course being the spiritual realm.You will see that the other world coincides with this one.Things happen in the spiritual realm before they manifest into our physical reality.You will have to search deep and hard to find truths.And yes some are thought to have gone mad.But how many perspectives are out there?

Ok that’s just plain gibberish.

Let me see if I can decipher your post.

1st: I should align earth with the spiritual realm. (Let me know the 1st step in that trick)
2nd: I should come to the realization that the earth and spiritual realm are the same
3rd: Good and Evil both evolve in this spiritual realm then happen here on earth. (school shootings, world trade center)
4th After I come to this realization I should really think hard
5th This may drive me mad
6th: My conclusions will differ from the next person who has attempted that same thing.

I’m not trying to be a smart ass but c’mon!

Anyone else care to enlighten me without all cryptic phrases. Give me some starting points, and tell me things I should be looking for along the way. If you don’t feel like doing it publicly, please u2 me. I would truly enjoy exploring this with an open mind..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join