It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on Handcuffing of 5 Year old with Videos

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Some kids need shock collars. They are effective on dogs, so why not little monster kids? "What? You wanna cry because I won't give you a million dollars?" ZAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   
people like to say "blaime the school, blaim the cops" why? the school had their hands legaly tied. what were the suppost to do?

leave the kid unattended? lets see, there would have been a valid lawsuit for that plus something like a child abandonment charge. yup they could realy do that. mabe let the kid hurt herself by either doing nothing or leaveing her alone? yet again lawsuit and charges for letting harm come to the child. lets not forget about the further mess and damage this child would have caused if left alone. why should those teachers have to clean up after that? who would pay for further damage, i doubt the mother would have payed.

could the teacher realy phisicaly restrain the child? yes phisicaly they would have been more then capeable. legaly nope that would be abuse. even trying to hug the child to calm her down could be seen as sexual abuse today, so thats out too. so the teachers don't have options open to them. heck in all honesty just the teacher grabbing the kid down from the table could have been considdered going too far, but if the child got hurt it would also count against them.

the cops had previously delt with the kid. at home even. they had warned her that they would handcuff her. they even tried to calm her down and reminded of that fact BEFORE cuffing. thats about all the cops could have legaly done as well.

mabe what should have been done was to call the phychiatric hospital to deal with the child. put her in a rubber room? mabe all schools need rubber rooms to let a child act out in with LESS chance of damageing themselves, anyone else, or classromms.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I dont remember if I posted yet. BUt when I was 7 years old the police handcuffed me and chased me down in the woods when I was denying to attend school. Unlike the girl I wasnt harming anything or anyone. I do plan on calling on a local show when they take calls cause its crazy how this has escalated. If it would have been a white girl or boy you wouldnt hear nowhere near as much crap.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
All they need is Supernanny!

She can deal with the little brats without handcuffs or violence!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Namely, because the police and teachers aren't at fault?

DE

It doesn't sound like you're too sure, with your statement worded as a question.

I still disagree with you, but you have your opinion and I have mine. But, let's say (for argument's sake) that the cops are not to blame. Can you explain to me why it takes THREE cops to detain ONE five year old? If you can convince me that it took 3 cops to control the kid, I'd indeed be shocked.

If it takes 3 cops to detain one kid, we're gonna need about 10 cops each time they arrest an adult for disturbing the peace. And we'll need like 50 to take down a violent offender after a serious crime...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It would only take one to do it proper, but I guess they wanted to be gentle. Do some math-

50 pound kid get tackled by a two hundred pound officer. What happens then?

I'm sure that it would be difficult for one officer to subdue her gently. id would be flailing all over the place. Anyways, I'd want witnesses- particularly because this garbage would be bound to happen.

DE

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
2 wouldn't have worked?

Well, I agree now. That girl's lucky she was only handcuffed. They should have tased her while she was cuffed; that's getting pretty popular now. They should let teachers tase kids, too. We gotta start tasing unruly kids, now, it's the only way we can control em!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think the rotten brat needed the bejebus scared out of her. She may think twice next time she goes to have a cow and hit people.

The schools and Social services has helped contribute into turning today's kids into selfish, self entitled little monsters. If you punish them, the school encourges them to turn them for child abuse. They have children thinking that any punishment is child abuse. The parents are to blame too for being to lax and letting little demon seeds like this go to school and become the teachers problem.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

They had an answer for children acting like that when I went to school and it wasnt being handcuffed. If teachers were allowed to control the classroom this would not have happened. She should have had her little butt busted and sent home and her parents told, but then I guess the school would have been sued for "abusing" the kid.

Amen Brother,,,,,,
Spare the rod, spoil the child. There is a difference between beating and spanking. That child needed some tough love and that included a swift butt kicking.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It doesn't sound like you're too sure, with your statement worded as a question.

I ran a Boy Scout for 12 years, you can't just go around manhandling children, especially other peoples kids. No physically it would not have taken three policemen to deal with this child, but let's not be rediculous now. They did what they thought best. True though, the news media has blown the whole thing way out of proportion. What kind of message is that mother trying to send to her daughter? You can do anything you want and have no penalty to pay for it, I'll just sue anyone if they try and stop you.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
put yourself in the teachers/asst principals position for one second

do you really think that they wanted to risk loosing everything they work hard for and own to control this demon child ?

lets suppose that the school staff had tried to restrain the child, without proper restraint training for the staff, the little demon could have very easily gotten hurt, and that would have been a legit excuse for suing.

this being said the only other option would be to call for law and order, they had no power to enforce that themselves.

i have lived in st petersburg where the school is located, and trust me people are extremely money hungry in the state of Florida

and im really not suprised that mr sharpton is wanting to get involved, he lives for getting involved in ridiculous situations like this

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Patriot36]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Demon child, eh? I guess they did need 3 po pos to restrain her. She might have started spitting fire and cursing people. But, wouldn't they need an exorcist for a demon child?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
truthseeka ... maybe they should have called Father Merrin instead.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ok, I don't know why you're mad, but aight, that's you.

I also don't know who Father Merrin is, but I'll assume he's a character from the Exorcist. If so, sure, they should have brought him in. I hear demons are pretty dangerous; not sure if that applies to junior demons, though...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
not mad truthseeka, just thought that fire breathing face was appropiate because you mentioned the kid breathing fire lol

my bad, apologies for the misunderstanding

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Question: For those of you who say she shouldn't have been cuffed, I pose this:

She caused the trouble, destroyed the office / classroom, wouldn't listen to the teachers, etc. and then gets gently restrained by the police and its' proof of a dictatorship?

Hmm..

It was in no way abusive, etc. Just the consequences of her actions.

-wD

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot36
not mad truthseeka, just thought that fire breathing face was appropiate because you mentioned the kid breathing fire lol

my bad, apologies for the misunderstanding

My bad, I feel pretty slow now. That was pretty funny.
No harm, no foul, it's just that you usually see that one when people are pissed.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Question: For those of you who say she shouldn't have been cuffed, I pose this:

She caused the trouble, destroyed the office / classroom, wouldn't listen to the teachers, etc. and then gets gently restrained by the police and its' proof of a dictatorship?

Hmm..

It was in no way abusive, etc. Just the consequences of her actions.

-wD

See, I told you.

That damn fire breathing demon roasted the place. It's a miracle she didn't roast the pigs (I couldn't resist that one
).

Yeah, that girl was bad, no doubt, but she still didn't need to be cuffed. What she needed was a good ass whooping. If you got good ass whoopings growing up you didn't do that kind of stuff...OK, I'm lying, you just made sure you didn't get caught next time.

So, instead of that, we see po pos slapping metal bracelets on unruly kids. What's wrong with jewelry, eh?
Being a cop's a tough job, though; you gotta arrest five year olds with your buddies, tase people, even while they're restrained in some cases. And some people give you flak for this, what gives?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

Blame the cops! Blame the teacher! Blame the parent! Just dont blame that poor little girl....

The teacher was giving in to the kids crave of attention in the most horrible way possible. Superfacially she was warning the kid over and over and telling the kid to stop, but if you look further you will see that the kid is constantly waiting for the woman to respond to what she does, before she does something else.

The corpulent woman is dealing with this kid in the worst way possible.

A screwed up childhood probably made this possible in the first place.
At this age, the kid is never to blame, simply because with the right education and childhood, a kid doesn't become like this.

And I mean calling the cops on a small kid, what's wrong with America these days.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
[align=center]And I mean calling the cops on a small kid, what's wrong with America these days.

I see nothing wrong with calling the cops. If they couldn't control her then I would have called in the swat team or fbi or something, since the mother would not come and take care of business.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join