It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Can Delete Threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Who has the capability to delete threads? Mods? SuperMods?

I'm curious because I have a thread that needs trashing, and unfortunately I can't do it myself.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Also, is there any way to make the Who's on list update accurately? That way I wouldn't have to play hit-or-miss when trying to contact mods. (I'm sure they get sick of my incessant U2Us).

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I'm curious because I have a thread that needs trashing, and unfortunately I can't do it myself.

u2u one of the mods that patrol that particular forum.

eg

Member Art: Seekerof, astrocreep, Quicksilver, Phoenix, JAK

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Thanks Wizard!

The thread in question is ATSNN. I'm gonna go see if I can find out who moderates it.

Thanks again.

Edit: It doesn't appear than anyone moderates ATSNN. Does that mean nobody can delete threads posted there? Do I have to wait for my crappy repeat story to get downgraded before having it removed?

Perhaps members should have the ability to delete their own submissions? It would be helpful. I count three times I could have used that capability to save the mods/admin a box full of U2Us.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Thanks Wizard!

The thread in question is ATSNN. I'm gonna go see if I can find out who moderates it.

As far as I know, SuperMods can. What thread is it? Post the link and I'll see what I can do.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Already got it.

Best bet is to use the suggestions feature, its quickest way to get in contact with all staff, should give fastest turnaround time for this sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I put in a suggestion three weeks ago and haven't heard a thing...I don't know if "quick" is the right word, unless you're talking about government type quickness, in which case it would be completely appropriate.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Moderators:

Two threads I responded to yesterday in the alien/ufo posts evaporated during the day.
I would like to know if they are in a loop or just removed? One of them had been posted by a member to do with "believing" ie Bible v UFOs.

Lately, I have found the Alien/UFO threads are more popular than some of the dead weight dusty threads hanging around and attracting little interest that I can see.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
DeltaNine,

I submitted a memo in which was stated the directions to be given to you on which way to go to find yourslef in the depths of Hades.

As soon as it works its way through various sub committees, it will be handed over to the nearest UPS delivery point, at which time it will be subsequently damaged and then unceremoniously lost.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I, also, wrote you a memo. Except I got on the Scotch and it ended up being set alight.

My bad.

new topics

top topics

join