It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition to the President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is the petition that demands President Bush secure the Mexican Border.

If you feel that the Southern US border needs to be closed, sign this electronic petition.

The goal is 1 million signatures by months end.

Copies will also be delivered to your states Republican and Democratic elected officals of the House and Senate, and you will be notified on how they stand on this issue.

www.reformus.org...

I think the border should be closed, and opened only to documented persons wishing to enter only for legal reasons.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is important people. WE must do something to secure our boarders. The minute man project can only do so much. I signed the petition. I am number 46963. What number are you going to be?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
it's at 49, 6-- now.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks Sirr... for posting this...

I've signed up and am in the process of sending a link to everyone I know.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i agree to the border closing and allow only to have legal immigrants into the US. u should know we allow about 900,000 people into the U.S. legally. 800,000 who have relatives in U.S. and 100,000 to those who are seeking asylum. my dad was one of those wen he escaped as a refugee wen North Vietnam took over the South.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
is it safe to sign this thing? If it is I will

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazi
is it safe to sign this thing? If it is I will

nobody is goin to kill u except Al Qaeda, they dont want the closing of the borders that they want to infiltrate.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I just signed it. It's well over 57,000 signatures now. We really need to do something about this border situation. The sad part is that even if we secured the border completely tomorrow, the damage has likely already been done. Any terrorists that wanted to sneak into this country through our Swiss Cheese border have likely already done so and are just awaiting the signal to launch their next attack on us.

I will admit that I'm a Republican, and I'm fairly conservative when it comes to many issues. I have given this administration 110% support. I've given them a lot of slack over some of the blunders they've committed. But if there's a major terror attack on this country, and if it was carried out by terrorists who snuck through our border or if WMD's are used that were smuggled through our border, I will not forgive this President. I voted for him twice and I still support him. I'd vote for him a third time if it were legal. But I will not forgive him putting our national security at risk just to sway the Latino vote for Republicans. That is basically what it comes down to anyway. But you would think that all the legal Mexican-Americans who are living in this country and enjoying our freedoms and democracy would be the most outspoken against illegal immigration. After all, they are the ones who worked hard to come here LEGALLY. I know if I waited years to come to this country legally, and saw some clowns who walked across the border illegally, I'd give them a piece of my mind.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
The sad part is that even if we secured the border completely tomorrow, the damage has likely already been done. Any terrorists that wanted to sneak into this country through our Swiss Cheese border have likely already done so and are just awaiting the signal to launch their next attack on us.

That's a good point, Rasputin!

I've given them a lot of slack over some of the blunders they've committed.

Boy, Rasputin, that's a lot of slack, considering the above. Maybe you should really cut down on the slack here?

But if there's a major terror attack on this country, and if it was carried out by terrorists who snuck through our border or if WMD's are used that were smuggled through our border, I will not forgive this President.

Oh wow. You show some guts here!

I voted for him twice and I still support him. I'd vote for him a third time if it were legal.

As they say, some people never learn.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
NEWSFLASH PEOPLE.......... Boy George doesn't care about you and your worthless petition, even though most of you voted for him I'm sure. You got played like a fiddle, now he's hanging us all out to dry. Stop your crying and be good little sheep.

Your petition is no different than Charmin to him.

Peace

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Your petition is no different than Charmin to him.

I have an idea of a practical joke-
print it on sandpaper!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Not for nothing, but this petition is pretty meaningless. Its not going to move or sway anyone. A petition normally is useless, an online one is the height of uselessness, becuase they are 'unconfirmed'. The thing's really just a way of getting the issue back in the spotlight.

How about, instead of focusing on securing the borders, which will probably have zero effect on terrorism, the US adopts a more open immigration policy, accepting practically anyone who doesn't have terrorism connections, and accepting them quickly? That'd make it pretty pointless to sneak across the border and risk capture and killing.

Or how about protesting in front of the offices where illegals are used? Or not dining at the restaurants where they are employed?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
How about, instead of focusing on securing the borders, which will probably have zero effect on terrorism, the US adopts a more open immigration policy, accepting practically anyone who doesn't have terrorism connections, and accepting them quickly?

I doubt there is enough space and food for 3 billion people -- most of China and South America.

[edit on 26-4-2005 by Aelita]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Or how about protesting in front of the offices where illegals are used? Or not dining at the restaurants where they are employed?

That's great common sense Nygdan, problem is most of these people would rather take the easy way out and sign some online petition instead. You would think that if someone really felt so strongly about something, they would put forth the effort and do what you suggest, but in the end you'll find that they're nothing but 'armchair' concerned citizens.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

end you'll find that they're nothing but 'armchair' concerned citizens.

Peace

I believe you are misjudging the intent of the people signing this. First off, It DOES take effort to put something like this together and make it of use. Secondly, the 'armchair citizens' you refer to are the same ones who pay the salaries of the politicians. Why shouldnt their voice be heard? Some people have a very busy life and though they have not the time for it, would demonstrate at the appropriate places if life wasnt so hectic.

Instead of bemoning people for trying to keep an important topic on the burner, you could simply dissagree with what is said with some proof of your stand point, or you could just not reply

I believe that the boarders are not secure and they represent a physical and economical threat. I also believe that Bush doesnt care and will do nothing about it. I have made my opinion know by signing this petetion. I do not believe it to be in vain and I feel it was the right thing to do. Bush must be held accountable for what he is (not) doing. Let your voices be heard people. Do not let a few of those who agree with this open boarder policy disuade you from signing this petetion. If you believe what is stated in the petetion, then sign it. Pass it along. Tell you mom, dad, brother and sister about it. Do what it takes to make OVER 1 million signatures by the end of the month.

If you feel I am wrong, please tell me why. But please dont ass-u-me that I am an 'armchair citizen' because I signed a petetion that was brought to my attention.

BTW, I HAVE demonstrated in front of two businesess known for hiring illegals. Both of them were framing companies.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
But where would rich Texans find cheap labor?

I don't think Dubya is about to do that, hehe....

I thought this was a petition for him to step down....darn...

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yeah that's a grand idea... next time I go out to eat I'll just walk back in the kitchen and demand to see all the cooks' and bus boys' green cards! Do illegal immigrants look different than legal immigrants? Because I'm wondering how it is that we pick and choose which restaurants or businesses are employing illegal immigrants as opposed to the ones that came here legitimately.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Signed, 72537 Signatures Total

Rather or not the pettition itself works doesnt realy matter, the fact that the petition is getting national news coverage is enough to get things moving, just like the minutemen.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Yeah that's a grand idea... next time I go out to eat I'll just walk back in the kitchen and demand to see all the cooks' and bus boys' green cards! Do illegal immigrants look different than legal immigrants? Because I'm wondering how it is that we pick and choose which restaurants or businesses are employing illegal immigrants as opposed to the ones that came here legitimately.

Here's a little guide to get you going:

Tavern on the Green - employees are more than likely legal

Taqueria No. 15 - very good chance that a couple of employees are without green card

This is just a guide to help you get started, but please use discretion and common sense.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Here's a little guide to get you going:

Tavern on the Green - employees are more than likely legal

Taqueria No. 15 - very good chance that a couple of employees are without green card

This is just a guide to help you get started, but please use discretion and common sense.

Peace

So, you haven't done any investigating? You are giving possibiliites only?

Kind of interesting that you probably didn't do your homework after making such a mean spirited statement on people who may be doing the only thing they know how to do, and that would be signing the petition ...

maybe you need credibility? Hmmmmmmm.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join