It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unreported Story of How They Fixed the Vote in Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I just read the article and if this is true then its scary as hell the way they did it. And the fact that it could happen again. What do you guys think? True? BS?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the book, The Best Democracy Money Can Buy (Penguin 2003) by Greg Palast

In the days following the presidential election, there were so many stories of African Americans erased from voter rolls you might think they were targeted by some kind of racial computer program. They were.

Here is the rest of the article:
www.workingforchange.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I side with the theory that ballot boxes from hardline democratic area's - such as jewish counties- would have conveniently disappeared on the election night.

Making ballot boxes disappear is much easier than the time consuming process of erasing voters from the electoral roll due to their race.

However it was done it is still deplorable and wrong, it saddens me to find that nobody has been brought to justice over this.

Most of the evidence is conjecture, and would never stand up in court, which is a terrible shame.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Is VERY well respected all over the world but the USA.Saw a documentary on PBS about the Florida Selection & even my mom who has voted Republican her whole life couldn't believe some of what she saw.

www.gregpalast.com...

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by romantico]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think its very important to also point out in the idea of fairness that most of the polls in question were ran by our very own democrat parties and that according to the manufacturer, dangling or hanging chads were most likely to be produced by inserting two or more ballots into the machine as the stylus was designed to punch only one ballot cleanly per voter.

I think it also should be pointed out that even though we've blamed Ms. Harris for certifying the election as per the state of Florida law, the purging of voters from the roster has only been conjecture at this point. It is every voter's responsibility to make sure you are registered to vote 28 days before any major election. I too had some registration problems but a quick call to my county court clerck cleared it all up.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It appears that in the 2004 elections the UN's Committee for Free and Fair Elections will need to be present for our US elections to ensure that we have just that, a Free and Fair Election thar reflects the voters wishes not those of the elitist power brokers from the extreme right.

The real republicans need to retake their party from the dittoheads and the bush-crime-family.

Please sign the petition at:

www.workingforchange.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.workingforchange.com... emid=14993&afccode=WFC999

join